Morning newbies with Raul & Hadz (convoy 2)

All reports about trips and events
Ianzki
Explorer
Explorer

Morning newbies with Raul & Hadz (convoy 2)

Post by Ianzki »

First of all thank you Hadi and Raul for organizing this trip.

After all the drivers arrived Hadi split the group into two and gave me the experienced Newbies to train them for the next level with the support of Rob. (Thanks Hadi for opportunity and trust).

Me and Rob started the safety briefing in our convoy explaining what to do’s and don’ts specially on doing the side slopping, high straight cresting, and steep descending.
After the briefing, convoy order arrangements as below

1. Ian FJ - Lead
2. Dennis Wrangler - Second Lead
3. Simon Wrangler
4. Suresh Land Cruiser
5. Clinton Hilux
6. Bobby Xterra
7. Adil Xterra
8. Sameer FJ
9. Iyad Cherokee
10. Salman Xterra
11. Ignas Pajero
12. Bashar FJ
13. Ryan Wrangler
14. Sunaif Xterra - Sweep
15. Rob Silverado- Support

After lining up and checking our radio We started warming up on small to medium crests and slope to see the confidence of the drivers, then after gaining their confidence we started to play and practice some high straight cresting with steep descending and long side slopping towards the fossil rock which I visited 3 years ago during the Gps hunt 😆.
We had our first break-time from there where the drivers shares some tea and snacks while discussing our drive plan.

After a couple of minutes of break we continued our drive on a snake style heading to Khazna trees we’re the plan is to meet Hadz convoy but unfortunately we thought we came there late and they leave us 😅 so we took our second break from there and have some chitchat.

After the break at Khazna trees, we headed back to the gatch road and the last crest we attack we experienced the rumble singing sand which we can experience mostly in Liwa only 😁.

We ended the trip around 12:30, covering 30kms with only a few stuck and second tries (while doing the straight crest only)during the trip.

Thank you to all the drivers, you all did really well in controlling your vehicle power and speed, not fighting the gravity and listening to the lead and support. Amazing convoy, you made this trip lots of fun😍.

Thank you to Dennis for being solid second lead,
Sunaif for super solid sweeping the convoy, always keeping me updated from the back (I think every 2 minutes I always have your update 😜🥰).
And of course thank you specially to Rob for the support, keeping an eye and guiding the drivers from the back.

See you all again next time 😁
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LIFE GOES ON
:ad4x4: :bye2: :rin: ::mgun:
Ian Dilag FJC

Hadi77
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Morning newbies with Raul & Hadz (convoy 2)

Post by Hadi77 »

Thank you Ian for the support from start to end! Organized very well and I heard amazing feedback from your drivers. Thank you for the trip report, see you soon.
‘If you don’t have the mentality to learn every time you step foot into the desert, it could become a dangerous place’ - Hadz

YOUNGEST MARSHAL IN AD4x4

Hadz

Mr Magoo
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Mr Magoo »

Great fun with all in the convoy doing very well.

Look forward to driving with you all again soon.

Rob.

Sunaif POVVAL
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Sunaif POVVAL »

Thank you Ian for the nice trip enjoyed myself it was wery positive people all did well I hope all enjoyed the drive..and thanks Rob for sharing your experience with us

adilabid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by adilabid »

Another great drive led by the ever capable Ian. We were all relaxed in the comfort of knowing that Sunaif and Rob were there to support the entire crew. Thank you to all 3 of you for guiding, coaching and looking after us during the drive.💪 The technical skills of all drivers was very good and in large parts we maintained a very reasonable pace meandering through nice slopes and dunes along the way. Good to go back to Marshal Hadi’s favourite spot - although missed not having the Newbie convoy join us there.
Also the catering provided in our convoy was top notch - we were treated to all forms of snacks, food and drink options. Basically ended up having breakfast and lunch in the same trip 😍.
Thank you all for your company and support and as always looking forward to our next drive. 👌🙌

Samvlogs
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Samvlogs »

Wonderful experience to drive with Iyan convey and sweeper as well - Sunaif

All the drivers are really happy after the drive and everyone keep saying the drive was something special and excellent

Samvlogs
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Samvlogs »

Samvlogs wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:03 pm
Wonderful experience to drive with Iyan convey and sweeper as well - Sunaif

All the drivers are really happy after the drive and everyone keep saying the drive was something special and excellent