Sweihan Mornings (ADV)

All reports about trips and events
SandSailor
Marshal
Marshal

Sweihan Mornings (ADV)

Post by SandSailor »

We met at Gate12 at around 8:10am. We had a few last min cancellations so were in total 5 cars. After a detailed briefing/setting the convoy order, we hit the dunes around 8:45.

Convoy order:

SandSailor- Emre (Lead)
DramerEtS-Andrei (2nd Lead)
Shoni- Oleks
ameenkvs- Mohamed
mihir6066- Dharmendra (Sweep)

Warmup was with the high dunes at the start, but at a good steady pace. Several runs both ways practicing multiple switches, side slopes, cresting, climbs and steep decends despite heavy tracks everywhere.

After the gatch we did dune hopping until Nagrah and despite the challenges we tried, all did really well. Main focus was managing our speed and controlling our cars at the min speed possible to negotiate with the terrain.

Lots of tracks but not as many convoys, given we started a bit later than usual. Several 2nd tries as expected but no stuck. Nagrah was empty but totally torn with tracks. Several runs and all conquered the mighty dune. Good chit chat during the breakes. We were hoping to meet the Int and Newbie convoys but as time was passing finished around 11:45 at Gate 13.

Thank you Andrei for the 2nd Lead. Trying to follow me at controlled speed and with a proper gap were your challenges executed very nicely. Oleks - you coped up really well despite being our most junior ADV member, clearly you have been training (and with a good teacher). Keep practicing and you will feel much more comfi with the powerful 4R. Mohamed, this was also our first time driving together and well done, looking forward to others. Last but not the least, thank you Dharmendra for the great Sweep, pleasure to drive with you always.

Always fun to lead a capable and powerful convoy of Yotas 😉. SandSailor JKU has just surpassed 200k kms so this drive was also a nice gesture for my car. Hope you all enjoyed as much as I did and see u soon again on another episode of SandSailing…

Emre (🏜️⚓️)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SandSailor
056 312 2200
Wrangler JKU

dreamerEtS
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Sweihan Mornings (ADV)

Post by dreamerEtS »

great ride, good track! looking forward to seeing you again in the desert!

mihir6066
Advanced
Advanced

Post by mihir6066 »

Thank you Emre for another amazing drive on quite different tracks for me to used to with high dunes and tricky tracks with most safe manner. It’s always have pleasure to drive with skillfull drivers.

Andrei and Oleks were amazing, as well as Mohammed, despite having stock suspension (I assume) he did really well.

Thanks Emre again to make weekend wonderful.

Shoni
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Shoni »

It was a great morning to drive with a good team. Thank you Marshall for good experience and tricky track.

ameenkvs
Advanced
Advanced

Post by ameenkvs »

Thanks Emre, for and amazing trip. This is the first time driving with you and it was a wonderful and nice trip, see you again.