Bu Tais Intermediate (Convoy 1)

All reports about trips and events
Dirtdiver
Explorer
Explorer

Bu Tais Intermediate (Convoy 1)

Post by Dirtdiver »

After the trip was posted I has several drivers wanting to join the trip. I ask for additional support and Vaughn immediately stepped up and agreed to take one convoy. We agreed to meet at the end of the gatch road Saturday morning at 0730. WE had one cancel and one no show. I called and we waited a little bit, but he didn't show. I gave the safety briefing to everyone then we divided into two groups with me taking the least experienced.

Convoy 1
Dirtdiver **** 4Runner (Lead)
MinguelAngel ** Wrangler (2nd lead)
Nemo1986 ** Xterra
Sbrune ** Jeep Sahara
Sachsur ** Xterra (Sweeper)

We hit the dunes warming up and enjoying the nice morning. It was a perfect day to be out in Bu Tais. I noticed a little drifting and took a break to explain the importance of maintaining control of your vehicle and when to turn down. We continued to play on the side slopes while I kept watching everyone. an hour into the drive we reached the tree dune, we took a nice break and enjoyed some refreshments. Thanks for the Tea, Grapes, and sweets. After the break we practiced more side sloping and even entering and exiting bowls. Everyone was maintaining control of their vehicles and having a good morning. We met the other intermediate convoy around 1020am for a short break and chat. We agreed to meet them out on the subka at 11 then convoy out to the inflation point together. We played a little longer then met the others on the subka. We all proceeded to the inflation point and signed logbooks and departed by noon. We had a few second tries but no stuck vehicles.

Thanks for the nice job sweeping and second lead. Thanks Vaughn for leading the second convoy. I am looking forward to seeing everyone in the sand again soon.

For this trip I made a WhatsApp group and put the invite link in the trip description. Around 80% actually used it to join the group.

Tim

I
Last edited by Dirtdiver on Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sachsur
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Bu Tais Intermediate (Convoy 1)

Post by Sachsur »

Dear Tim, thank you for wonderful lead and guidance.
Really enjoyed the fresh tracks .
Looking forward to the next one.

Sachin
Xterra

Sbrune
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Sbrune »

Great morning, great trip and great convoy!!! Thank you Tim for the amazing intermediate drive!!! Waiting for the next trip!!!!

MiguelAngel
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by MiguelAngel »

Thank you Tim! Great drive, my son and i had so much fun. Looking forward to meet you all soon in the sand.