The Calm before the Storm.

All reports about trips and events
Hadi77
Marshal
Marshal

The Calm before the Storm.

Post by Hadi77 »

A cold morning it was, and a struggle for me to leave my tent. However, met the guys at the deflation point around 7:30. Had a quick briefing as all drivers are experienced in the intermediate level.

Lead: Hadi
2nd Lead: Iyad - Excellent 2nd lead and videographer :)
Sam
Denys
Sweep: Sunil - nice seeing the TJ after so long and driving with you.
Floating Support: Rahul - Thank you for the observations and instructions during the drive.

The calm: We started off at the big dunes by the deflation point perfecting side sloping without drifting. All drivers showed high level of skills and understanding. Most importantly, everyone knew when to turn down and not fight gravity.

The storm: We then headed to the dunes after the flat plains where we stepped it up a level. I know the level and capabilities of all the drivers from driving with them before. We done a briefing regarding switching and riding the crest and many briefings after on how to perfect this skill. We had a smooth shave of the dunes with no stucks and drivers turning down when needed. Everyone drove extremely well and it was a good introduction to the advance level.

Exited safely around 10:30am.
1 no show and didn’t answer the phone to which I cancelled his registration.

Thank you all for joining,
See you on the sand.
‘If you don’t have the mentality to learn every time you step foot into the desert, it could become a dangerous place’ - Hadz

YOUNGEST MARSHAL IN AD4x4

Hadz

Samvlogs
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: The Calm before the Storm.

Post by Samvlogs »

Amazing experience to drive with Hadi with full support to do lot of crests , supporting for 2 nd try as well to make sure all the drivers are satisfied ❤️

DenysF
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by DenysF »

Thank you Hadi for organizing and leading such fantastic Sunday morning trip! Special thanks for Rahul for his valuable support. Hope to see you again on dunes soon.

snaware
Advanced
Advanced

Post by snaware »

Thanks, Hadi for organizing this morning trip.
Weather was perfect, Track was excellent, we shaved lot of dunes, Valuable guidance and support, nice group of enthusiastic desert drivers, what more we can expect......Cheers.

Looking forward to the next trip.