Bu Tais Intermediate (Convoy 2)

All reports about trips and events
VGSears
Explorer
Explorer

Bu Tais Intermediate (Convoy 2)

Post by VGSears »

Tim had originally posted this trip and had a strong demand for a second convoy where I stepped in to lead the 2nd convoy. We met at the end of the gatch road from Bu Tais Gate and met at 7:30. Tim handled the briefing before we split the group into two with the drivers with more trips joining Convoy 2.

Convoy 2
VGSears - Jeep Wrangler - (Lead)
leryan - Jeep Wrangler - (2nd Lead)
DenysF - Jeep Wrangler
chinmay20002 - FJ Cruiser
Maxsalvato - Nissan Xterra (Sweep)

We headed into the dunes and started to follow the dunes towards Star Dune which we eventually reached after some great sweeping dunes and untouched desert, overall the convoy did well and we had some good bowl entries and also steep decent after some straight crests. We had a few parking on top of the dune, including myself as we were straight cresting. On our return we passed by Bu Tais Trees which has a lot more tracks on it but we were still able to enjoy and practice car control on larger dune faces.

Thank you to Ryan for second lead and for Max in the sweep with good communication and recovery assistance as needed. It was a pleasure to drive with you all and see you in the dunes again.

One of the few pics taken on the drive.

leryan
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Bu Tais Intermediate (Convoy 2)

Post by leryan »

Thank you Vaughan, it was a fantastic trip and for me, it was the best so far since I started riding with AD4x4! I look forward to more rides like this one.

Dirtdiver
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Dirtdiver »

Thanks Vaughn for taking the second convoy. All the drivers seemed to really enjoy it.

Maxsalvato
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Maxsalvato »

What an amazing drive! We also saw gazelles and camels.
It was great to drive on clean dunes with almost no tracks and no electricity poles along the way. Felt wild and free 🔥
Thanks Vaughan for leading (and thanks Tim for organising)