Suhoor Night Drive at Sweihan

All reports about trips and events
Eagle
Explorer
Explorer

Suhoor Night Drive at Sweihan

Post by Eagle »

Everybody arrived on time at the BBQ deflation point. After getting our cars ready for the drive, we started our briefing for night drive. It was my first lead for a night drive and almost all the convoy drivers were having their full first night drive in desert, except Nandakumar who had many night drives before.

After briefing we set the convoy in order and below were the drivers on ground:

Myself (Lead)
Volodymr (Second Lead)
Adil
Simone
Sameer
Emina
Max
Nandakumar (Sweeper)

Marshal Kamran was watching and guiding us from the back and sides at times when needed.

We started our track towards north side of BBQ point and then headed into the east direction. We encountered quite a technical track in the first 45 to 50 mins of our drive till we reached the gatch road. The track was mostly Newbie ++ to avoid any undue risks. After crossing the gatch road, we headed further east towards Nagra dune. Plan was to reach Nagra, spend some time there and then head back.

On our way to Nagra we found some good big dunes which were safe to do side sloping and we thought to give them a try. All of us had some good fun for few mins on those dunes and we then continued our track towards Nagra. At around 10.30pm we reached Nagra dune’s easterly side. While some of the drivers preferred to remain parked there, some of us started taking turns to climb Nagra as much as possible, but to too many tracks and bumps on the way we could only do few side slopes and then decided to come down to avoid any damage to our cars at night.

After staying there for few mins and enjoying the nice weather, we decided to head back to BBQ point. On our way we met the AD 4x4 Marshals squad (Just Ahmedo, Isham, Hadi, Mustapha, Paolo) who were just cresting around Nagra area. After meeting them, we started heading back. On our way back, we did do some sides slopes which were safe to do and finally reach to our deflation point at 11.45 pm.

Overall everyone drove very well, given their first night drive in most cases. Thanks, Volodymr and Nanda for being solid second leads and Sweeper.

Special Thanks to Marshal Kamran for joining my trip and supporting my first night drive.

Overall everyone enjoyed and had a fund time. I hope to see you all soon, until then take care!!!

Umar

Samvlogs
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Suhoor Night Drive at Sweihan

Post by Samvlogs »

The prefect choice for during Ramadan as all drivers and excellent crew especially prioritise for safety .

Safe drives , no ditch , chit chat times , so n so,

Thanks to marshal Umer for the wonderful experience and the same for Nadan and Kamran as well

Kamran143
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Kamran143 »

Thanks Umar to arrange such nice trip with excellent track as per the situation and level of the trip. All members drove excellent. See you all soon again on the sand.
Kamran

adilabid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by adilabid »

My 1st ever night drive in the desert and couldn’t have asked for a better experience. Loved it so much that am already looking forward to the next night drive experience. Marshall Umar led us brilliantly through a very technical 1st half of the drive trying to get to Nagra. All drivers performed excellently without any major issues.
The return journey was even better as we maintained a consistent speed with some good side sloping done on smaller dunes. It was a super fast return back to meeting point.
We were very confidently supported by Marshall Kamran and Nanda. Thank you for your support and guidance throughout the drive.
Thanks once again Marshall Umar and looking forward to seeing all drivers on the sand again soon 👍🙏

Eagle
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Eagle »

Thank you everyone for your positive feedback🙏
Last edited by Eagle on Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sbrune
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Sbrune »

Great night drive!!! My first ever!!! Always safety first and good advice from team!!! Thanks

vpuiul
Advanced
Advanced

Post by vpuiul »

Just join to the train of first time night-drivers. I have few trips with late ending, but never completely night trip.
That was a new experience. When you start noticing that your vestibular system is not enough to feel the car position completely and you started to understand how lack of vision limits your abilities.