Intermediates Bu Tais

All reports about trips and events
Dirtdiver
Explorer
Explorer

Intermediates Bu Tais

Post by Dirtdiver »

I had 5 intermediate drivers, 4 advanced drivers, two exploiters, and Marshal Em Doc plus myself on the trip this morning. Vaughn agreed to take the Advanced drivers with the support of James. I took the intermediate drivers with Em Doc 'supporting.

Intermediate convoy:
Dirtdiver **** 4Runner (lead)
Ignas ** Pajero (2nd Lead)
MiguelAngel ** Wrangler
DenysF ** Wrangler
Giopart ** Wrangler
Strocifer ** FJ Cruiser (Sweep)

Em Doc ***** JK (Support)

We all met at the Bu Tais Gate with a cloudy morning with light rain. Everyone arrived close to the specified time and prepared their vehicles. I gave an overall safety briefing before we divided into two groups. Then a more focused briefing on intermediate driving was given and convoy order established, before taking off Michael explained the difference of driving in the rain and on wet sand to everyone. We headed off down the gatch road until we reached the Subka before the upper Bu Tais dune range then we turned east and headed off into the dunes. We played in technical areas as well as medium to high dunes practicing our intermediate skills. We took a couple of breaks and discussed maintaining the correct distance between vehicles. Other than bunching up a couple of times everyone maintained control of their vehicles. We had no stuck vehicles or second tries this morning. The temperature was perfect, and the wet sand made for an enjoyable morning in the sand. three quarters through the trip we did have one-person experiencing motion sickness. We arrived back at the inflation point around 1115 and signed logbooks and said our farewells.

Thanks, Michael, for your words of wisdom and keeping everyone safe. Thanks, Ignas, for a solid second lead and Thanks, Stocifer, for sweeping and keeping me informed on the convoy status.

Thanke Vaughn and James for coming out and taking the advanced convoy. I know you guys had a blast on your 77km trip.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon,

Tim.

EmDoc
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Intermediates Bu Tais

Post by EmDoc »

Thanks Tim for crafting a great track through the sodden sands of Bu tais. The weather provided an interesting fun for the intermediate drivers that they faced well.

Till next time

strocifer
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Intermediates Bu Tais

Post by strocifer »

Thank you for the nice track through Bu Tais dunes. It was interesting to drive under these wet conditions and experiencing different quality of sands.