Ftoor Razeen (convoy 2)

All reports about trips and events
Dirtdiver
Explorer
Explorer

Ftoor Razeen (convoy 2)

Post by Dirtdiver »

Thanks, Zak, for organizing this trip and for allowing me the opportunity to lead the newbies.

We all met at the deflation point with three no shows and one that wasn't registered show up for a total of 17 vehicles. Zak gave the overall safety briefing then we split the convoy with Zak taking the ANIT's and drivers with less experience. I finished the newbie briefing, assigned radio frequency and convoy order.
Convoy:
Dirtdiver **** 4Runner (lead)
Waleedqwader * Jeep (2nd lead)
DavidT * Hilux
gigingeorge * FJ
alirazabashir * Montero
renjithkadal * FJ (Official sweeper)
Sstub ** Landcruiser GX-R (support)
Janko ** FJ (support and unofficial sweeper)

Several drivers needed signatures in their logbooks, so I was asked to allow them to do 2nd lead and sweeper duties. We drove east down the gatch around 10km before turning north into the dunes. we snaked our way through some of the smaller dunes doing a few straight crests to warmup and see how everyone was doing. We took a short break and talked about giving a little more distance between vehicles. Then proceeding north easterly through the dunes trying to avoid vegetation and cresting some medium sized dunes. The sand was soft and there were lots of vegetation due to all the recent rain. We had a few second tries and a couple get stuck on the crest before turning back south and heading for the meeting point. We managed to find some larger dunes to practice our straight cresting skills on before reaching the meeting point.
Thanks, Waleed for adjusting the track when needed to avoid the ditches and bushes (great job). Thanks, Renjih for keeping me informed on the convoy (good communication). Thanks, Svein and Janko for bring up the rear and assisting when needed.

I am glad everyone came out and enjoyed the beautiful sands off Razeen Road. Looking forward to seeing everyone back in the sand soon. Thanks, Zak again for trusting me to take the newbies.

Tim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Waleedqwader
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Ftoor Razeen (convoy 2)

Post by Waleedqwader »

Thank you Tim for leading us, you will be a great Marshall

See you again in other trips