11/04/24 - Eid break Advance 101 (Convoy 2 - Adv)

All reports about trips and events
Redbeard
Explorer
Explorer

11/04/24 - Eid break Advance 101 (Convoy 2 - Adv)

Post by Redbeard »

Trip organized by Marshal Shiroy, total 14 drivers registered.
Shiroy opted to split us into two convoys. I took 6 advanced drivers with me while Shiroy took the remaining drivers and supporters.

Convoy:
Redbeard (Explorer)
Maz
Roberto
Vipindas
Farhan
Iyad
Bassam

We started from Khazna deflation point, heading east exploring the large dunes in that area. Many bushes but dunes mostly undisturbed, some great crests and big side slopes to play with in that area.
All drivers were doing really well.

Around an hour after setting off we were having a break, and suddenly see Marshal Ahmed come over a nearby crest in his shiny Tacoma.
He joined as roaming support and we all agreed we would head further east toward the sweihan bowls, to see what condition they were in.

We got to the bowls and just had time to do a few laps around each of them, some of them were heavily covered in tracks and some areas were pretty bumpy, but the main lines were not too bad. We left G-Bowl at 18:30 and made our way to the highway, arriving at inflation slightly delayed. By the end of the trip Gaia told me we had covered a total of 70 km.

Thank you all drivers for a very enjoyable trip! Look forward to seeing some footage from those of you with camera's mounted.

Bassamoreo
Advanced
Advanced

Re: 11/04/24 - Eid break Advance 101 (Convoy 2 - Adv)

Post by Bassamoreo »

I couldn’t sleep the night. My adrenaline level was spiked up from the thrilling bowls.

Amazing track, great lead and convoy management. Many many thanks.

Thank you marshal Ahmed for the ice cold watermelon.

Thank you Roberto for the scrumptious home-made cookie. We need the recipe 😄

& thank you all for the wonderful company.

Looking forward to seeing all in the desert soon