DXB Sunday Morning Intermediate

All reports about trips and events
Kayra
Marshal
Marshal

DXB Sunday Morning Intermediate

Post by Kayra »

We gathered at Badayer Shops at 07:30 and after the safety briefing, we started driving at 08:12 in the below convoy order:

Engin (Lead)
Ahmet (2nd Lead) - int
Mahmoud - int
Rustam - int
Avny - int
Murat - int
Eddy (sweeper) - intermediate
Bobin - explorer (floating support)
Marshal Carlo (floating support)

We had one no show.

We drove in SW direction hitting each big dune one by one while warming up. As I was expecting the dunes nearby the fences were less touched as they are deep inside. We had a nice cruise over the semi virgin dunes in the area before we headed East to meet Marshal KomSer’s Newbie convoy at the tree house. On the way we practiced straight crest, easy side slopes, climb, descent and steep descent. We had one short break for debriefing. At the break point we met with the Newbie convoy and enjoyed the cold watermelon served by Serkan. At around 10:00 we emerged from there and drove with a faster pace towards the Badayer Shops until Rustam’s passenger Alex got motion sickness for which we had to take a technical break. At that point we offered to send Rustam to the Newbie convoy but we were assured that Alex was doing alright. We ended the drive around 11:50 at the Badayer shops. Overall we had few second tries and no rope recoveries.

All drivers did very well. Eddy and Ahmed alternated the Sweeper and 2nd Lead positions and demonstrated very good radio comms skills.

Thanks to Marshal Carlo and Explorer Bobin for supporting the drive. Also thanks to Ahmet and Eddy for their support roles as 2nd lead and sweeper.

I enjoyed the drive and I hope all the fellow drivers and their passengers also enjoyed it as much as I did. Thank you all for joining. Looking forward to meet in another drive soon.

Best
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Engin
LC71

KomSer
Marshal
Marshal

Re: DXB Sunday Morning Intermediate

Post by KomSer »

Engin,
First of all, thank you very much for the support. Managing a convoy of this size without support would have been very difficult. I owe a debt of gratitude to you and our friends Marshal Carlo & Bobin for supporting the convoy.
It was a great day, thanks again for the enjoyable conversations and the wonderful day at Badayer.

Best regards,
KomSer
Serkan Ortac

Kayra
Marshal
Marshal

Re: DXB Sunday Morning Intermediate

Post by Kayra »

Komserim,
It’s always a pleasure.
Best,
Engin