Early Morning Bu Tais Run

All reports about trips and events
Eagle
Explorer
Explorer

Early Morning Bu Tais Run

Post by Eagle »

Everyone arrived almost on time early morning at Bu Tais Deflation point. It was a pleasant Sunday morning with a mild breeze making the weather very nice and comfortable. Initially plan was to have two convoys, but due to some last minute cancellations we decided to keep one convoy as we had enough support also. Below was the convoy order:

Myself (Lead)
Adil 2nd Lead
Simone
Bashar
Chinmay
Yacine
Omer
Max (Sweeper)
Tim (Explorer)
Shoni (Advance)
Denys (Advance)

Special thanks to dirtdriver (Tim) for joining my drive in the early morning to support this trip. The drive became more enjoyable with his company and guidance.

We started our track towards the tree dunes, while practicing side slopes on the way and also checked out some big bowls of bu tais. Unfortunately, the sand remained wet due to recent rain, however we still had some fun. All the drivers drove well and were comfortable in the entry and exit in the bowls. We practiced some large side slopes as well. After breaking at Tree Dunes, we headed further east to explore some more bowls, before we decided to head back. At around 10.15am we stared our journey back to deflation point. Upon my request Tim took the lead for the last 30 mins of the drive.
Overall everyone drove well, we had only one stuck and very few second tries. At one point in time while descending from a small dune one car approached the car ahead very close, which was later addressed by reiterating to all drivers to keep safe distance.
Thank you Adil for being solid second lead and thanks Max for sweeping the back and keeping me updated on the convoy.
Thankyou Shoni, Denys and special Thanks to Tim for watching us from the sides and taking part lead also in the end. Without your participation, this convoy size could have been difficult to manage.
Hope to you see soon on sand.

Umar

PS: in case I missed any name, please mention in comments for correction
Last edited by Eagle on Mon May 06, 2024 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dirtdiver
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Morning Bu Tais Run

Post by Dirtdiver »

Thanks Umar for organizing this trip and picking a nice track. The hard sand presented different challenges for the drivers but, after some good instructions and guidance all the drivers were maintaining control of their vehicles. It was a nice morning with a great group. Looking forward to seeing everyone back in the sand soon.

Tim

Sbrune
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Early Morning Bu Tais Run

Post by Sbrune »

Thanks Umar form the amazing run and Tim for the second part lead. I particularly enjoy the Bowls experience and gain experience in side sloping too!!
Thanks also to the Advance and Explorer drivers for the support and to Max sweep the group!!

adilabid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by adilabid »

Thank you Umar for another great drive. Had tremendous fun driving in the big bowls of Bu Tais. Appreciate the opportunity to drive as 2nd lead. All drivers did fantastically well considering the sand was still quite wet / hard underneath and was getting churned up for those driving at the back.
As always great advice and counsel given during the drives and I definitely look forward to driving again in the big dunes of Bu Tais.
The timing of the drive was perfect being early morning which meant we had a reasonable breeze and very adequate temperatures for most part of our drive.
I think we had quite a large number of drivers for this intermediate level - possibly would have been more fluid with a smaller number of drivers split into 2 convoys - but respect the decision made by leaders of the convoy who obviously are looking out for the safety of all drivrrs. As always great to see everyone exiting safely.
Thanks to Tim as well for watching our back to Max as sweeper and support crew Alex and Denys for your company. It’s always great seeing so many familiar faces mixed with new ones! Looking forward to driving with this group in future drives. Stay safe 🫶

Eagle
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Eagle »

Thank you all for your feedback and positive comments.