Cruising the dunes 8th of Nov - Report

All reports about trips and events
Viking
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Cruising the dunes 8th of Nov - Report

Post by Viking »

Once again I am so happy to be part of this family with so much nice people.
The group met at Adnoc Mangrove Village at 1 PM and all were in time so we had a short briefing and "off we go". Off_Road was picked up on the way.
We went deep into Al Khatim N, deflated and started our Newbie plus trip. We only had one Newbie on the trip (where are all the rest??) but the plan was to push a little. And so we did :D Some easy sidesloping but quite many crestings and long dunes which we overtook. Very few stucks and I think all did very well.
Halfway in the trip there was a blue little quadbike seen and we thought it was the local gardener but it was our dear Marshal Khalid AlMagboul who came to play with us :-)
Because of the windy conditions we decided to skip the BBQ and had a short debriefing at the inflation point before heading home.
All together I think it was a nice trip and I hope we managed to find some challenging spots where we all could test both our cars and skills.
Special thanks to Off_Road who supported me on my first Marshal trip 8O
Also big thanks to Lars for a great 2nd lead and also a nice chosen route when you were leading.
My "always there" friend Lee for a fantastic job as Recovery. Thanks to Ole for sweeping and all the rest of you that attended.
It is very easy to lead such a great group - THANKS and hope to see you soon again.
Last edited by Viking on Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
// Eric The Viking
Back in Sweden with many good memories from AD4x4

Lars
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Lars »

Thank you guys for this nice day in the sand :lol:

You have done a great job Eric. And thank you for your trust to let me lead a part of the trip.

(I hope you understand my english :? )

c u next weekend (But not friday :wink: )

off_Road

Post by off_Road »

thanx VIKING for the nice trip, I like the area you choise, every body done a good driving skill....

:D :D :D

:ad4x4:

9ball
Advanced
Advanced

Post by 9ball »

Thanks Viking and everybody, it was an awesome day, absolutely loved it. :D Will remember this day for long. I will download my pictures in my computer, then I will put a few on the website. Only bad thing about today was the wind. I was looking foward to BBQ my huge steak, but I prefer spices on it, not sand. 8O Next week I'll bring huge shrimps. Hope there will be an intermediate trip and that it will be as fun as this one ( which I think was definitely not a newbie trip!!! :P )

ole
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by ole »

Thanks Viking for the trip. The boys and me had great fun. Only complain from the co-drivers was that at some points there were to much up and down to successfully play the PSP :)

Viking
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Viking »

ole wrote:Thanks Viking for the trip. The boys and me had great fun. Only complain from the co-drivers was that at some points there were to much up and down to successfully play the PSP :)
Yeah I will try to have that in mind the next trip. It says that the club is for everybody and we all should enjoy and feel comfortable. In case you are about to set a new high-score and some *#%&¤ decides to do some cresting - who wouldnt complain :lol:
Tell them I am really sorry 8)
// Eric The Viking
Back in Sweden with many good memories from AD4x4

Yaser
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Yaser »

Simply great VIKING...without any words ;-)
I was so happpy to have the honour and opportunity to play a little bit under your watch eyes :wink: All the guys were excellent. Lars: all my congrats to your first co-leading ;-)
Good day

Jacques
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jacques »

Thank you Viking, once again a great route. Looking forward to your next trip.

Lionbar

Post by Lionbar »

Thanks Eric for one of the most enjoyable 'Newbie' trip I've had the pleasure to be in. I emphasize on the newbie bit because it was such a trip in the beginning, but it truely progressed with some real tricky areas. :D
I had a blast, unfortunately my camera was set to timelapse and it recorded everything like in 'fastforward'. We'll just have to go back and do it again.
All the best,
Lee.

9ball
Advanced
Advanced

Post by 9ball »

Back from work, finally had a chance to reduce a few pictures. Here's a few I took I thought were cool.

cameltrax
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by cameltrax »

Thanks for the trip - it was very entertaining. My passengers enjoyed it as much as me.

Thanks guys for all the advice - any tips on fixing a rear bumper... :wink:

cameltrax
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by cameltrax »

Thanks for the trip - it was very entertaining. My passengers enjoyed it as much as me.

Thanks guys for all the advice - any tips on fixing a rear bumper... :wink:

Yaser
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Yaser »

[quote="9ball"]Back from work, finally had a chance to reduce a few pictures. Here's a few I took I thought were cool.

The last pic fits good in the desert habitat, but I guess it records us for ages :-). Though very nice pics in this excellent trip :D