ANIT Trip Report Sat.8th November

All reports about trips and events
Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

ANIT Trip Report Sat.8th November

Post by Mac »

We had a total of 12 cars meet at BMW and eventually headed off to Al Khatim, we sat around for about 45mins or so and went thro the ANIT document, tips on driving,vehicles,gearing,recovery gear, convoy rules etc etc.

A BIG thanks to all our new members for being so attentive and thanks to Jax, Banna, Tonto and Divewithyou for your contributions on the briefing.

We had a really gentle run today so people who have never been out could become accustomed to their cars and to sand driving, Everyone performed really well, the discipline was very good and I hope you all enjoyed the day, as always it was good to meet friends old and new.

Tonto, thanks for being a passenger with Srt and Dunebug, I know they appreciated your assistance, Banna thanks for sweeeping, Divewithyou, thanks for being 2nd lead and a BIG thanks to Jax for everything.

As we still have the old grading system can we please have first stars for the following please.

Pierre
Blufin
Abdeen
Hasson
Srt
Shakey...nice Jeep :lol:
Redfox
Dunebug.

Remember people with your stars we need a contribution :lol: :lol:

Sorry we didn,t BBQ but just too windy :cry:

Mac
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

Abdeen
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Abdeen »

It was a nice trip, even though it was a bit short, but i really enjoyed your company folks.
Thanks all and wish to see you soon :)

Abdeen
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Abdeen »

BTW, Hassson ... it is better to get a rav4 instead of your FJ ... you will still get stuck but at least you'd pay less ... sorry man :lol:

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

Abdeen wrote:It was a nice trip, even though it was a bit short, but i really enjoyed your company folks.
Thanks all and wish to see you soon :)
Remember we lost 45 mins at the meeting point, then had to wait for people to fill cars up and we don,t drive in the dark wuth Newbies. :roll:
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

Jax

Post by Jax »

Well done to all newbies today on the ANIT - great to see new members out to have fun with the family :D - and to watch your confidence grow as the trip progressed.
I hope to see you all out again in the sand very soon as I'm sure you are all now bitten with the AD4x4 bug .... watch out, there is no known cure! :wink: :lol:

Mac, I really enjoyed your well informed & informal intro to the ways and means of how we do desert driving in AD4x4 and as always it was a pleasure helping out today on one of your trips- thank you :wink: , anytime my friend!
And thanks to Banna for his excellent company and assistance :D

Bluefin

A BIG THANK YOU

Post by Bluefin »

Hi Mac,Thanks again, for a great day out there yesterday. I would to say an extra thank you to you, Jax and the others, for the assistance they gave me while leaving the venue. Pity the others were not there to witness how you recover a Cherokee that is belly down. You guys did a great job out there last night. :D Learnt a lot from that recovery. Regards Bluefin

divewithyou
Advanced
Advanced

Post by divewithyou »

Thanks Mac it was Sufficient trip for all newbie, the sequence and information delivery were excellent, I hope this method applied for all newbie trips. as safety and lessons learn.
thanks to all Attendees and their contribution.

Shakey
Intermediate
Intermediate

Great introduction ...... I'm hooked!!!

Post by Shakey »

Mac

just a quick thanks to you, Jax and all our "coaches" for a great introduction to desert driving.

Also a big thanks to "you know who" ( not naming names!!) for scaring the pants of me in the play area after the trip!!! Seriously though, it was much appreciated because it really showed me what an experienced driver can do in a Jeep Wrangler in the dunes. I think it will be a while before I get that level of confidence though!!!

Also very impressed with the focus on safety whilst still maintaining the fun factor. Really enjoyable afternoon ....thanks again.

Shakey

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

All stars guven except for Dunebug, couldn't find this user name
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Viking
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Viking »

iguana wrote:All stars guven except for Dunebug, couldn't find this user name
She mentioned on the phone that no confirmation mail was sent after registration so maybe something went wrong. Probably need to register again
// Eric The Viking
Back in Sweden with many good memories from AD4x4

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

iguana wrote:All stars guven except for Dunebug, couldn't find this user name
Thnx Boss.
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

srt

Post by srt »

Thanks for organising and running a great day and for my star :D although will stick to newbie trips for a little while. Glad I found you! Can you post pics in these forums? Sorry, still finding my way around the site...

Abdeen
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Abdeen »

thanks for the star and hope to collect more very recently :)

Abdeen
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Great introduction ...... I'm hooked!!!

Post by Abdeen »

Shakey wrote:Mac

just a quick thanks to you, Jax and all our "coaches" for a great introduction to desert driving.

Also a big thanks to "you know who" ( not naming names!!) for scaring the pants of me in the play area after the trip!!! Seriously though, it was much appreciated because it really showed me what an experienced driver can do in a Jeep Wrangler in the dunes. I think it will be a while before I get that level of confidence though!!!

Also very impressed with the focus on safety whilst still maintaining the fun factor. Really enjoyable afternoon ....thanks again.

Shakey
Hold your words till the end of the season, because you'll scare the pants of a newbie and he'll tell you the same words :)

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

srt wrote:Thanks for organising and running a great day and for my star :D although will stick to newbie trips for a little while. Glad I found you! Can you post pics in these forums? Sorry, still finding my way around the site...
Yes, you can post pics here. 2 ways:
- add the pictures to AD4x4 gallery, click "Img" then put Picture URL then "Img" again.
Or click on add image to post (when you reply, you will find it under the reply box), follow the instructions
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com