The Pink Camel BBQ Trip

All reports about trips and events
mike0967
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

The Pink Camel BBQ Trip

Post by mike0967 »

Well it was another nice trip, but unfortunately a bit shorter in driving than planned. But from the beginning. We all met at ADNOC Mussafah bridge taking our way to Al Khatem South gas station to meet the Dubai gang. After deflation we divied our 16 car convoy into two of eight cars, one lead thankfully by Vikramd with the guys who voted for a more challenging route and the other one lead by myself for those member who wanted to take it more easy.

We made our way nicely through the dunes but also building in the one or other nice crest seeing the predicted technical stuck allowing us to take pictures and a small lesson on recovery. After we reached the second cross road and were just about to enter the play area one of the Wranglers decided to give up refusing to take on any gear.

Glad to be with AD4x4 family, so we called Vikramd group for help and also Viking group was coming under the lead of Jo and Tweety to help and assist, what a spirit once again. Finally we managed to put the JK in 2WD and take it to the road. At this point some members decided to leave back to town, while the other members decided to go for a chat and BBQ on a nice spot selected by Waleed.

Even though it was a day of broken cars and we could not do as much offroad as we had planned it was still a lovely afternoon out and I truly hope you all enjoyed it.

I want to thank all of you for the nice company and give special thanks to my fellow Marshals Yehia and Waleed for their help and assistance.

cu next time

Katharina & Mike

PS: We shall also thank all of you from Pink Camel (Christiane, Michael and little Tim :wink: )

// mike0967@ad4x4.com // Member #056 // BMW 118D //

Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal...

Abdeen
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Abdeen »

Yes, though it was short but it was enjoyable with you folks :)
Thanks all, especially Mike, Yehya, Ashraf and waleed, nice to meet you all.

Abdeen
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Abdeen »

Abdeen
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Abdeen »

Abdeen
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Abdeen »

vikid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by vikid »

thanks Mike, it was nice meeting you after long time and i hope people enjoyed the route.
Member #210 twoseaterwoopseater

"Take Part in Life"

Waleed
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Waleed »

Thank you all for this nice day , it was a pleasure to see old and new faces. :lol: :lol:

wish to see you all again :lol:
Waleed Al-Sharaan Toyota PRADO VX 2005 B21717 +971-50-5446434 waleed@ad4x4.com
IF you haven't been to LIWA, then YOU haven't seen the DESERT yet......
Peace And Love, - - - - - Marshal

Katharina
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Katharina »

Hi everybody

Thanks for the great trip, Thanks to all !
Thanks of course to Mike.

Take care. See you.

Katharina :)

MUSTAFA
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by MUSTAFA »

Thank you mik for organizing the trip , BIG thanks for every body for the great fun , we really enjoy every thing

Shakey
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Shakey »

I just wanted to say a big thanks to Mike, Boujeeba and all for the trip on Friday and especially for all the assistance in getting my broken JW going again. Things were not looking promising for a while with no drive at all stuck at the bottom of a bowl with surrounding dunes but after some great work tinkering under a very hot car Boujeeba managed to get the drive engaged.....a great job and very much appreciated.

My apologies to all for holding up the trip but I'm just thankful I was with some very good people who knew their stuff!! It definitely highlighted the benefits of joining the AD4x4 club.

I got the JW fixed at Western Motors yesterday. The problem was a broken bush on the 2H/4H/4L selector cable. Apparently they had a number of similar cases on 2007 models but had not experienced any on 2008 model ......until I arrived!!

I'll be out trying again in the next couple of weeks with hopefully no more problems!!!

thanks again

Shakey

Bluefin

Post by Bluefin »

Thanks for a short, but fantastic day out in the sand, Mike.
To all the Marshalls, a BIG :oops: THANK YOU for the assistance and guidance.
To my new sand buddies, thanks for the patience and friendship out there on Friday,
Chow for now :lol:
Anton

BouJebba
Advanced
Advanced

Post by BouJebba »

That was a very interesting trip: 3h on road, 10min offroad :newlol: :newlol: :newlol:
Still no regrets at all, things happens in live and what is important is to always have a big :) and enjoy the moment 8) and guess what, That was my 1st 2nd lead trip !!!!

Thanks every one for participating, and sharing the fun, sand shower ;) and BBQ.

Mike hope you did not regret having me on 2nd lead (Hope your not wondering I'm cursed ;)

Shakey, the broken part in your car was made of plastic and intended to broke. Better loose a plastic joint that have the gears box explode !!!
Some will be joking about wrangles having fragile parts, the truth is that's clever engineering. You made it home after all :)

Pierre
Advanced
Advanced

Thanks

Post by Pierre »

Thanks Mike for this trip, of course to short but full of experiences.

TheFritz

Post by TheFritz »

Thank you, Michael, for the nice trip.
Cars can have any color as long as they are black. (Henry Ford)

TheFritz

Post by TheFritz »

Thank you, Michael, for the nice trip.
Cars can have any color as long as they are black. (Henry Ford)