Duning Day - Dec 2nd

All reports about trips and events
Karkar
Advanced
Advanced

Duning Day - Dec 2nd

Post by Karkar »

hello , I am not a fan of formalities and I hate writing reports ................... but I have to so here I go :lol:

We were all in the meeting point almost 10.30 am , we moved to the deflation point , reached there by 11 am , Briefing and a small practical recovery training was done :lol: :lol: , and here we go ...

well , there is nothin much to be said ... Small Dunes , Big Dunes , Small Slopes , Big Slopes , Fast Drive , Slow Drive , High Gear , Low Gear ............. etc , just one comment ..... everybody was great .

Out of Al Faqa by almost 2 pm .... tires inflated at the Petrol Station then we headed to Swaihan :mrgreen:

We had lovely time trying to find Urs group in the middle of no where and we finally found them thanks to Aidy's mobile and to Tom's sharp eyes :lol: ..... well , we stayed with them almost 10 mins , it was nice to see some old friends .

and then we moved again trying to go as fast and as high as we can .......... we were pretty good actually :lol: , went to the BBQ point " The Famous Swaihan Tree " we were there almost 5 pm , had a small chat with the other group over there, Jamal & Tom wanted to stay with our friends for the BBQ while the rest of us headed home .

Thank you guys so much Aidy , Amr , Jamal , Dan & Of course Tom for making today's drive such a lovely one .

Regards
Last edited by Karkar on Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hated by many , Loved by few , Respected by all
Salute & Hats off for the ruff off-roaders

TJ 2002 Lightly Modified :mrgreen:
JK 2014 that wanna be a 10th anniversary rubicon :twisted:
No More Cats , Dogs or Birds ....... I have a wife and a kid now :roll:

Aidy
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Aidy »

Wonderful and very tiring day out today... Thank u Ultramind for a long great drive today. Excellent choice of route, with a slow pace in the beginning and gradually increasing the challenges according to everyone's skills (Loved the way out from Sweihan especially, but maybe not the jeep :twisted: ). Keep it up buddy and looking forward for more from you :)

Pleasure meeting u all today; Kalemero, Danbay, Boujebba & Tom (Excellent driving!!!)

See u all soon

Tom
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Tom »

Fantastic trip Ultamind. I don't know how you kept up the concentration of route finding all day. I'm exhausted and about to fall asleep. The route was amazing. Lots of fun, lots of fun, and time to play. Thank you.

It was great to see the team spirit during recoveries, and a well disciplined group having fun. I also appreciated Ultramind's translation to English of the rest-stop conversations in Arabic. The car sounds and hand gestures were almost enough to make sense of what was being said.

All in all it was a super way to spend National Day.

BouJebba
Advanced
Advanced

Post by BouJebba »

Really amazing drive, and my first trip to Al Faqa. What a place, can't wait to be there again !!! Very challenging and lot of fun.
Then we headed to Swihan and enjoyed the scenery at 250m 8O
Finally I joined Mike group for the BBQ, Stopped to take pics of the ANIT group being introduced to small dunes cresting and when I left, I had a pop out trying to avoid a small bush behind a dune. Hopefully Tom was there and I really appreciated his help fixing it. Now my front bumper has a war scar :twisted:

Thanks to all for the wonderful day in the desert :)

Kalemero

Post by Kalemero »

wel wel well just woke up hehe

2nd dec was THE SAND DAY

what a DAY i drove my jeep arpund 850 kms 0_0 .
ULTRA MIND YOU RCK MAN :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: that was great place to go also the flying hehehehe wonderfull route excellent group and it was my pleasure to be with you all :)
well my day didnt finish after swehain , lol went to shj to meet some guyz then we went to badyer stayed there till 2AM then we went to a place near kalba easy sand and stayed there till th enooring . lol reached home around 9:00 am lol what a day .

finally , THANKS AGAIN KARKAR AIDY TOM AND THE REST OF THE GUYS FOR THE WONDER FULL COMPANY:D:D:D:D:D
Zee Godzilla
15 Nissan SWB Fully modified & Ready

Its my way or the high way :D

Karkar
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Karkar »

Thanks Guys ,

I really enjoyed being there with you .....
I already uploaded some pics through the Video taken by my attached Cam , I'll try to upload some videos later on from the only 1st hour recorded "Reminder to me : Next Time Get Some Extra Batteries :lol: " .
Plz if anybody got any pics , upload them to the Gallery ...

thanks again :D

Karkar
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Karkar »

Cool Pics Jamal ..................... thanks man :) you're the best

Tom
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Tom »

Thanks to Jamel and Karkar for the photos. It's great to have something to remember the trip by.

Danbay
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Danbay »

Hey guys, I just got back into the country, and I just wanted to say thanks again for a great trip, (best trip so far!! :D ) Hope to go back there soon!