Lead and Sweep Game 05-12-2008

All reports about trips and events
mike0967
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Lead and Sweep Game 05-12-2008

Post by mike0967 »

This was a long day, we left at 10:30 in the morning and came back at 10:30 in the evening after a day of fun and more, but from the beginning.

We met at 11:30 at Al Khatim South petrol station all in time except Boujebba who was a bit held up by work and missing Vikram who did not show up at all :? Calling his number his wife was picking up, he forgot his mobile at home :lol: OK, Tutan, Nessie, Boujebba and me complimented by JC and Viking where off to Al Khatem to a deflation point choosen by Tutan.

After a short briefing we started our cruising though the area alternately led by Tutan, Nessie and Boujebba with myself in second lead all the time. You all did well, increasing you level of confidence from minute to minute, I think you were surprised that it is easier as you may have thought, but yet not easy as leading takes you to concentrate all the time on what is ahead of you.

But well done to all of you, we had a great time. Just our poor Boujebba was the guy of bad luck today, first a Popcorn tyre and at the end, yeah what shall I say when you decided to drive right into this ditch. Guess it was just bad luck that you hitted it so hard that your oil filter broke and all the engine oil drained out, thanks Halwa for the hint, it was the right guess ! Dear Jamal, we all hope that your car is recovered in no time and back to sand to where it belongs.

Good to be with AD4x4 family really what an amazing spirit again. We rushed to catch up with the Movie shooting trip at the BBQ tree, were given free Shish Kebab and drinks and after we all had eaten the whole family went to recover Boujebba's car.

Sincere thanks to Coolati2de for winching him out, to Kalemero for towing the car back to the Tarmac, to Adiga, Tamer, Khaiwi, Viking, JC and all who were helping.

I love my family, thank you all !

Mike

PS: I recorded the track of today for the fun of it and yes, you were really exploring :wink:

Last edited by mike0967 on Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
// mike0967@ad4x4.com // Member #056 // BMW 118D //

Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal...

Tutan
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Tutan »

First of all, i am sorry i didnt stay to assist in the undigging of Bojebba's car, had i realised that my spot lights were going to work again after the BBQ rest then i would probably have stayed around.

Glad to know it wasnt anything too serious.and well done everyone for the team/family spirit in extracting him.

Apologies also for those i didnt get the opportunity to chat to at the BBQ area, next time we can catch up.

Thank you Mike for putting together this trip, it was a great idea and an excellent opportunity witth no pressure to lead a group and i really enjoyed myself, once i got into it.

I tried to slow down after the 1st Briefing, but it appears its not in my nature, i am often told i have a heavy right foot.

Thanks JC for letting my have a go in your jeep, that was great and i can now appreciate why wranglers can go so much further than the other cars.

anyway apparently i always write too much so i will sign off now

Thanks again Mike
Previous 4x4's
3' lifted, offset wheeled, LWB Jeep Cherokee XJ (really miss this monster)
Nissan xterra (don't miss this one)

MooD
Board Member
Board Member

Post by MooD »

Any news About Boujebba after he Went to Al Khazna police Station ???
Are you Ready For Action with MooD.....

Off RoadIng Is An Art.........................
Banna ... You will be missed but never forgotten
Others & My Rights ……

Nessie
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Nessie »

A trip with a difference.

Giving us GPS co-ordinations to the meet point and further on to the deflation point…( talking here for myself)….. was a nice touch to showing up at a set place at a given time.

Having to work out where we were going and allowing the correct amount of time to get there was most enjoyable.

Leading is not as easy as all you make it out to be. Always thinking about where you are going and if everyone is behind you are all there and ok.. Hard work guys..and I take my hat off to you all that lead with such ease.

A fantastic opportunity to just get out there and drive where I wanted to drive, explore what ever area looked interesting, knowing full well that I was backed by very experience Marshals ( Mike, Viking and Jc).

A great idea for a trip Mike, and I hope to see more of them in the future.

Jamal, good meeting you and following your lead. The man with all the photo’s, I look forward to seeing them. Good to see your car was recovered last night, hope all goes well with repair work and she back to rock n’roll soon.

Carmen, also a very good lead, think the Marshalls that could not keep up sometimes….ha ha…would agree!

Apologies on not meeting for the BBQ after, honestly, was not aware that we were to join the other group, and Marty needed to go to the office that evening.

Thanks again Mike….

PS- We had a puncture on the front right tyre ( it was not a partial pop out). Changed tyre when we inflated…..Yes, Marty says I “broke his car too”..ha ha

Viking
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Viking »

Mike - as usual your trips are great and you manage to find the extra touch to the ordinary trips. As I can read it Boujebba, Tutan and Nessie found that it is not that easy but also that you pick up a few things practicing and then you really start enjoying it :-)
I am not sure if JC and me were that much assistance as we were mostly crusing around like flies but we tried to keep an eye on the convoy.
I am sorry I didnt relieved you more of 2nd lead Mike so you could have a little more time off but I will keep that in mind next time. It was good to finally see you at the BBQ.

Boujebba - I hope you car will recover soon and we will see you soon again.
// Eric The Viking
Back in Sweden with many good memories from AD4x4

mike0967
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by mike0967 »

Mood wrote:Any news About Boujebba after he Went to Al Khazna police Station ???
Last news I have is that the poor Jamal had to spend his night in the AD recovery carpark sleeping in his car :cry:

kghaleb
Advanced
Advanced

Post by kghaleb »

great idea of a trip Mike... looks like good fun.

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

mike0967 wrote:
Mood wrote:Any news About Boujebba after he Went to Al Khazna police Station ???
Last news I have is that the poor Jamal had to spend his night in the AD recovery carpark sleeping in his car :cry:
That's too bad, he shou;d've called any of us and we will arrange a place for him to stay over night
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

mike0967
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by mike0967 »

Just talked to him, he is back home, car is OK and he is taking a shower now. This is good news, thanks again to all who helped yesterday !

Long live :ad4x4:

Mike

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Great news ... Hope things will be OK Boujebba and your car will be fixed before the new yesr's party
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

BouJebba
Advanced
Advanced

Post by BouJebba »

Thanks to god and all of you I made it home,

One again AD4x4 proved it self to be greet family :ad4x4:

It was a unique trip in all senses, I enjoyed the driving the fun of picking the easiest road while keeping and eye at the convoy behind and trying to find some challenging spots so the guys behind don't get sleepy :)

Unfortunately, a little dune was cursing without lights and didn't notice that I was near and run into my car ;), thankfully the dune has survived :)

Then the whole family came to recover my car, I really appreciate your help guys, my only regret is that I have a very bad memory and it's hard for me to remember the names of every one (and you were a lot !!!) to thank you individually in this post. So I would thank you ale for being a such great family :ad4x4:

Coolattitude called the police on my behalf since I could not name the area and they asked us to pull the car to the road, and we had to explain the police patrol then why we did not leave it on the accident scene. Mood had the good idea to show them the pics on my camera and the place on his GPS, and after confirming with Coolattitude the Name of the officer who asked the car to be moved, they accepted to deliver the police report.
Mean while I forgot to tell you that we found Coolattitude's winch very helpful getting my car out of the hole, and that Kalemero towed me all along to the main road, with the other guys flying around securing the way and a group ahead securing road crossing and round abouts. VIP treatment, I recommend every ad4x4 member to badly broke his car at night at least one tome in his live to enjoy the experience ;)

The police asked to tow the car to Al Khasna station, Adiga recommanded that we use a local company to tow it till the police station while waiting to alfutaim recovery service to come. while we were waiting adiga, mood and me, Mike came back with Catarine to have of our news, then cool attitude joined again. Finally the recovery came and took me and the jeep to tha police station.

Once there I found my accident report waiting for me and I had to wait for the other recovery to come at around midnight. The driver told me that they will tow the car to AD agency which was closed by then so they had to leave my car in their parking during the night and take it to the agency in the morning. So I decided to sleep in the car, since I was not confident with the idea of leaving it alone. Buy the way, those emergency aluminum blankets worths every Dirham,

I had a really comfy sleep, then in the morning we took the car to the agency where I have been told that I had to inform the insurance first before they start working on it. unfortunately their offices are closed till Wednesday :suicide: So I decided to bring the car to Dubai's agency. After a little chat with Alfutaim services, they explained to me that the recovery service should deliver the car to the nearest workshop, but they are willing to pay the trip to Dubai if I pay the Al Kazna AD trip. It sounded less expensive that renting a car or having taxi from Dubai to AD every 2 days so I when for it.

Finally we reached Dubai, had the car in Alfutaim's workshop, emptied the car in a taxi and headed back home. meanwhile I received a call from Mood and we had a nice chat.

When I just arriving home, Mike ringed me to have from my news too.

Thanks again every one, change nothing, you are the best !!!!

PS:
Mike next time don't forget to put the Disclaimer in the trip announce, it brought us bad luck !!!

Edited:
Oops It's there :)

BouJebba
Advanced
Advanced

Post by BouJebba »

New pics uploaded to the gallery. Sorry for the late, I was a little bit busy :)