Conquer Al Khatim 10th of Dec - Report

All reports about trips and events
Pierre
Advanced
Advanced

THANKS

Post by Pierre »

What a great trip :D

Thanks to the challenges of the trip, I was able to check my limits in a variety of situations in many occasions, sorry for the inconvenience and delay caused to the rest of the group...

It was EXTREMELY instructive: facing the technical fun is good, getting somebody explaining the mistake and giving the tips helping to pass it successfully is outstanding.

A huge thanks to JC, Taher, Eric, for their precious advice and to the rest of team for the various recoveries. I am so thankful to all the experienced off-roaders who could have enjoyed their day in the desert without taking newbies like me who get stuck too often. You offer your time and share your skills with other less experienced, I know that it is exactly the spirit of Club (and I have same experience in glider club) nevertheless I want to warmly thank you for your time and efforts.

Obviously I was more busy driving, so I posted less "action" pictures and more steady pictures than in previous trips.

See you soon in an other Newbie or "Newbie +" trip ...

Viking
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Viking »

Well Pierre as you said that is what this club is all about. I dont see it as a sacrifice leading as it is actually practice for me too. Being first in the convoy is something you also need to practice. What is the best way? Where should I go after I pass this one? Is this challenging enough or too easy? How are we doing compared to the schedule etc etc?
Glad you all liked it and there will be more so.....
// Eric The Viking
Back in Sweden with many good memories from AD4x4

heinz
Advanced
Advanced

Post by heinz »

today the guys at the adnoc vacuum bay looked at me kind of funny :roll:

when we going again?!?! :wink:

Viking
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Viking »

heinz wrote:today the guys at the adnoc vacuum bay looked at me kind of funny :roll:

when we going again?!?! :wink:
My family will arrive on the 19th of Dec and staying to the 10th of Jan so during that period there might be a relaxing trip announced. After the 10th - Hell :twisted: will break loose again so make your reservation at the vacuum bay :-)
// Eric The Viking

Pierre
Advanced
Advanced

44 km

Post by Pierre »

44 km covered according to log file....

Viking
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Viking »

Well thats not bad. Next fun will be on the 16th of January. That is 38 km straight line :twisted:
// Eric The Viking