ANIT+ trip 13th of Dec - Report

All reports about trips and events
Viking
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

ANIT+ trip 13th of Dec - Report

Post by Viking »

8 cars met at the Adnoc on time. Omar was to meet us at the deflationpoint so after a short briefing we hit the road. Unfortunately "Seanofmacc" was unable to join us so there were only three newbies. Nevertheless we went to Car Museum deflationpoint and deflated and had a thorough briefing since one of the newbies were a first-timer and another had just attended ANIT.
We hit the sand and started to drive around and after a while Creightons car (YES its a Land-Rover) gave us problem by overheating. We took a break and added water and started the drive again. After a while the problem was back and we found out that his fan was not working so we decided to take him back to the main road, inflate him and let him go back to Abu Dhabi. Thanks Omar and Lars for assisting him while we continued the driving. We had some stucks and we used them for instructional purpose and went through th basics of recovery etc. Even Omar created a stuck (intentional of course) and allowed me to pull him out. Since my dear olllllo is on service I was exercising my big Badrol today :-)
We decided to skip the BBQ so we ended up at the gate again at 5.15 for inflation and debriefing. When everybody was ready to leave our German professor Lars was stuck :-) Luckily enough Pierre pulled him and took him to the tarmac so also he could go home.
Thanks to Omar_kid for assisting, Ole for 2nd lead and Lars&Gerry for sweeping.
Thanks to Pajero and Cct5378 (Cliff) for attending and I hope the purpose of the trip was fulfilled. We were aiming at taking another step after ANIT and I hope we did.
Thanks to Creighton and I hope your car will be OK soon so we will see you again. At least I got the SMS that you were safe back in Abu Dhabi.
Looking fwd to see you all soon again
// Eric The Viking
Back in Sweden with many good memories from AD4x4

RolfP
Advanced
Advanced

Post by RolfP »

Thanks for a very good exercise in the sand! Got stuck two times:) and learned from that.
See you all next year for more fun.

Pierre
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Pierre »

Good trip, we had time to practice, the car museum area is convenient...

omar_kid77
Marshal
Marshal

Post by omar_kid77 »

thank eric for today trip and sorry for the delay,
really was nice one today especialy after one month far from the desert its nice to warm up.
as you said we need to use the good things of the badrols
Even Omar created a stuck (intentional of course) and allowed me to pull him out.
see you soon.
It's not the car, it's the driver WHO can make it.
Omar Daoud 050 4120334

Lars
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Lars »

:oops: stuck 5m from the road :oops:

but it was a nice trip. Thank you all. :lol:

:twisted: next time i will only inflate on the road :twisted:

Jax

Post by Jax »

Lars wrote::oops: stuck 5m from the road :oops:

but it was a nice trip. Thank you all. :lol:

:twisted: next time i will only inflate on the road :twisted:
:lol: :lol: Been there, done that Lars :oops: :lol: - think we've all done it at some point or another! :twisted:

wcs

overheating diagnosis

Post by wcs »

Just got my car back from LR service this morning. A circular bracket that surrounds the engine fan and has a circular brush of sorts to keep excess dust/junk off the fan blades had slipped and come into contact with the fan. The brush melted onto the fan, which then seized up and wouldn't operate. So, I'm now armed with a new and (hopefully) properly installed engine fan kit and ready to take another crack at the dunes. Thanks again for everyone's help and patience. Hope to keep up a little better next time out.

Viking
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Viking »

Glad to hear you and your car are OK and ready to rock the dunes again :-)
// Eric The Viking
Back in Sweden with many good memories from AD4x4