Adventure fun live report - Full report

All reports about trips and events
iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Adventure fun live report - Full report

Post by iguana »

Just wanted to say Hi to everybody from Liwa .. We arrived there and set our camp

This is how we look like now

Last edited by iguana on Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

sniper

Post by sniper »

Congrats and take care. :D
Jeep KJ OME lift kit, mopar cat back, mopar cold air intake,BFG A/T<br>Jeep ZJ OME lift kit, K&N filter, Daytona Rim, BFG A/T 31", Garmi 276C<br><br>"My jeep is not an SUV....Your SUV is not a Jeep"

maddog
Advanced
Advanced

Post by maddog »

Good one boys, smiles all round!

Bulldozer is an Eskimo or what? Just a T shirt!!!!
Citius, Altius, Fortius - Swifter, Higher, Stronger
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
maddog@ad4x4.com

Lionbar

Post by Lionbar »

What a bunch!!! 8O 8O
U all look like society's rejects.
I'm just jealous. sitting here in a totally useless course, wishing I was with u guys being totally useless in the sand!!! :evil: :evil:
Have a great time, safe journey. :D

agghazal
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by agghazal »

Take care guys and wish u all the best
No Face No Name No number, But My soul is like the Thunder..

mans
Advanced
Advanced

Post by mans »

ya bakhtokoooooo :( :(
Smile Life is tooo short
Mansour -0508258895

belbassiouni
Advanced
Advanced

Post by belbassiouni »

8) :itscold: have fun all
Bahaa Elbassiouni
you can call me Bob
Mobile +1 (647) 836-8713/color]
Mercedes C 200 blue efficiency CGI 2011 with AMG kit .

Black *O||||||O* JK 2007 (manual), -
HotHead Headliners to cool the hard top, -

2.5" TeraFlex lift with Fox shocks, .
Bushwacker pocket style fender flares, -
Cooper STT 285x70R17 with M/T Classic II Special Edition rims, -
Gibson Performance Split Exhaust, and -
Garvin Wilderness Trail Rack
Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey
Nice to see you guys having fun
Take care and stay warm
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

Viking
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Viking »

Looks like you guys are enjoying out there.
YES I am jealous :cry:
Tak care and drive safe
// Eric The Viking
Back in Sweden with many good memories from AD4x4

Abo Omar
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Abo Omar »

Just came back home ,, need half a day to write such a trip report
Shortly Lovely 2 days and 2 nights , enjoyed every minute of it ,,, Jo tweety waleed gman missed u guys at the camp hope u enjoyed it too..
We all left at very different times of the day, hope everyone made it home safely

Lets Liwa again soon :) :D
Omar Kamel-Member # 007

Waleed
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Waleed »

Back again from a wonderful trip, tooooo much tired, veeeeeeery difficult dunes, toooooo much cold, tooooooo much fog, tooooooo less sleep, toooooo many friends spending together nice time

:lol:
Waleed Al-Sharaan Toyota PRADO VX 2005 B21717 +971-50-5446434 waleed@ad4x4.com
IF you haven't been to LIWA, then YOU haven't seen the DESERT yet......
Peace And Love, - - - - - Marshal

adiga
Deputy Chairman & Co founder
Deputy Chairman & Co founder

Post by adiga »

689 Km on the trip clock( round trip 8O ), 200 out+200 in total ~~400Km. that means around 200km with 14psi tier pressure 8O . :lol:

Let me have warm shower then we'll talk.

Thanks to ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Just to let you know how K-Al mag. was struggling in his Quad !!!!!! think about the normal 4X4 :cry:
“Do for this life as if you live forever,
do for the afterlife as if you die tomorrow”

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

That,s not a Quad!!! Looks like an Ice Cream van....oh oh watch where your hands are :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

It seems that everybody is tired :lol: :lol: Here is the full detailed report.

22 of our experienced members joined together to be part of the Abu Dhabi Adventure fun Event. Our part of the fun is to Marshal the participants in Liwa desert for 2 days, carrying the Medical, Media, TV and organisation team in our cars.

We started our mission on Sunday 5.30 p.m., where we all met at Marina Cafe for briefing, handing out the maps and instructions, loading our GPSs with the routes and way points. Antrax did a great job, he made a track for the full event, with Emergency Exits, roads, way points everything you need in a GPS for such a mission (Thanks a lot hani and great job) ..

Once Hani finished his instructions and handed over the maps, Uristier just stood up with an angry serious look and said "This is not what we agreed on Antrax, sorry, I am leaving and will not be part of this" 8O 8O Adiga Followed him saying "I am leaving as well" 8O 8O Jo followed with Tweety "If it is like this, we will all leave" 8O 8O

Thanks God that no body had a camera with him, If you can see me at this minute, you can read all the swearing words in all languages in my eyes ... I just couldn't say any thing ... Then everybody was laughing :roll: :roll: It was a joke .. A joke that would've made a heart attack for me :twisted: :twisted:

After the meeting, everybody took his Marshal stickers and started to prepare his car to go to Liwa, we started at 8.00 p.m. and reached there around 11.00 p.m. in Moreab Dune .. set our camp (Where we had the above pictures), had a lovely chat and jokes, then all went to sleep. (It was freezing cold, and all of us were snoring :lol: :lol: )

4.00 a.m. (YES 4.00 in the morning), Amin and MOOD decided to start their noisy engines (Don't really know why till now) .. so we all wake up. Packed our items, and went to have breakfast at the main camp.

Everybody was assigned a team, and we started our main mission.

It was very foggy, and the vision was not clear at all, after 30 minutes of driving, getting stuck and recovering, Yehia's car gave up with a broken water pump ... We tried to fix the problem, but decided at the end to leave the car in the desert, come and take it later. However, we will not drive till the vision is clear and the fog is cleared.

During this 45 Minutes, you can hear the other teams on the Radio "No no, go lefr, left , left ... yes .. Are you OK?" .. "Oh, Sh**, I am stuck ... But wait, I can recover ... I am OK" ... "Hello ... R U OK, I can't see you" .. You can hear Engines riving, wheels spinning and digging ... It was like a fish Market ..

Most of us met near Yehia's car .. once the fog was cleared, we decided to leave again and continue the drive ... going from a point to a point ... Following the competitors from a check point to check point .. Getting stuck, laughing, joking, scared, watching, choosing a route, finding a way out, our cars were heavy, loaded with people and equipment, driving in the soft sand of Liwa ... and enjoying the weather ..

We were suppose to finish at 1.00 p.m. However, we reached the 5th point at 4.00 p.m. during the drive again, you car hear on the radio "Don't follow me .. It is too deep here" ... "Hey ... Is your car OK?" Do you want me to come back" .. "No Thanks Man, I will manage, you continue" ... "Guys we need help, any body read" ... "Where is ......, I can't see him" ... "Don't worry guys, I am OK, taking some pictures" .. "We need a shovel .. Anybody around?" ... All the time , we are struggling .. Meeting each other on check points, telling stories, having coffee and eating something to continue the day ..

First day completed with the following casualties:
- Yehia's car with a broken water pump.
- Diver fender flare
- Blackevel with a burnt clutch plate
- Smiley with a broken power steering belt (No power steering from point 3 to point 5, around 20 KM in Liwa following Bulldozer).

Black Evil and Smiley got the cars fixed same night to be ready in the morning

Would like to thank Khalid AL Maqboul and his little toy (The RIHNO not the Nissan) .. He helped alot in finding a route for us.

Day 1 Finished, some of us went to the camp, some of us stayed with the Medical Team and camped in the desert, and a team went to recover Yehia's car (No hope, it was dark and difficult) and met us back at the camp, had a shower, had dinner, a little chat and to our tents snoring at 9.30 p.m.

Offroad called to check and decided to join us to replace Yehia's car.

6.30 a.m. next day, wake up again ... Lucky us, most of the competitors arrived already and there is nothing for us to do .. a team stayed at the finish line for any help required and another team went to recover Yehia's car .. We reached the car using the most easy track .. We started pulling the car, winching, pulling and pulling ... till the towing point in Yehia's car broke and the tow rope just flow into Adiga's car breaking his rear window ...

Back to recovery again, Omar kid volunteered to pull the car out instead of Adiga, again, struggling, winching, pulling, 2 cars with 2 tow ropes, a winch and a tow rope, one car pulling the other and the 2nd is pulling Yehia, left, right, another tow rope broken (No casualties), till we reached the main road.

Adiga went to make a police report while the others stayed with Yehia, called the recovery and waited ..

Everybody left except me and Yehia waiting for the recovery which arrived at 5.00 p.m., took the car and we drove back to Abu Dhabi

Thanks everybody for the great 2 days and 2 nights we all had .. I think everybody enjoyed the trip and the company of each other, great team work, lovely jokes ... lovely chat, lovely weather .. and of course magnificent sand dunes
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

maddog
Advanced
Advanced

Post by maddog »

WOW 8O
it really does sound like a mission. Phew, feel exhausted just reading it!

Good to hear you all made it back, including Yehia's machine.

Tired, broken, weary - but happy! Sounds like a success
Citius, Altius, Fortius - Swifter, Higher, Stronger
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
maddog@ad4x4.com