Report: Alternative to LIWA Camping 25.-27.12.

All reports about trips and events
Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Report: Alternative to LIWA Camping 25.-27.12.

Post by Jo »

This was the first Misr-Italo-German Dune & Wadi Festival :lol:

We, Tweety and I, met with Lars and Sash at the Madam Petrol Station leaving the tarmac on-time. The route along the border fence was a bit boaring but once we reached the open it was great. Sash had the first time his mothership (Ford Excoursion) with its V10 engine on the sand and was doing great. Without dedflating and no stuck we reached the camp where we started the fire and BBQ waiting for Waleeds group.
At 20:30h Waleed and the gang arrived and the party started.... I guess I have never seen so much meat cooking while people where chit-chatting. The most amazing: The buffet opened at midnight!!!
For me soon after it was time to retire but the laughter continued til sunrise :lol: :lol: :lol:

After a cold night we started our breakfast at 09:00h, broke camp and had some fun in the Malboro Dunes. I have to say that all drivers managed to do the pass in great stile!!!! Grazing camels and low-medium dunes to our stop for jumah. After prayer all inflated and we left the dunes to east for the wadi Ray.
Sitting on the rocks, throwing stones in the pool, watching the kids playing thats what it needs to relax....
After the wadi we split, Waleed & the Misr-Gang turned north, home to Dubai while Tweety, Lars and Sash followed me to spent the 2nd night at Dino Rock. The wood for the campfire burnt fast and the chit-chat was a blast :lol:

Again a cold night and a warm sunrise... Breakfast at 09:00h.. braking camp at 11:00 and... the first (and only stuck of the day was mine 8) . We had about 1h fun in the sand and than turned the noses back to north for the Khadra Pools. The rock, caves and water are always a highlight....

After a nice "Vesper" (this is a sort of 2nd lunch in southern germany :wink: ) we hit the road back home....

Thank you all for spending this great, great time with me. Hope you enjoyed it all like I did. Special thanks to Waleed who brought the "Gang" through the dark to the camp on Thursday and save back home on Friday.

Please upload all your pictures.

See you all back in the sand...

:hat:
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

You had fun without me heh :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

coolcreation
Advanced
Advanced

Post by coolcreation »

Thanks Jo , Waleed so much , really we had fun and enjoyed , we would like to stay more than one night but we preferred to let you have so quiet time :lol: one night was enough for to suffer :lol: :lol:
I would like to apologize for uploading the trip photos in a wrong way but I tried even to delete it but I could not – I think it is a defect - any way I’m waiting you Jo to upload the trip folder then I will add my photos
Thanks a lot and sorry about the pics.

Waleed
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Waleed »

what a great trip , Thank you all who joined us , and congratulations we succeeded in not allowing Jo to sleep for the First night. :lol: :lol:

You all did very well and I wish to see you all again . Coolcreation you need to think about having your 4x4 car ( NOT A J33P ) :wink:
Waleed Al-Sharaan Toyota PRADO VX 2005 B21717 +971-50-5446434 waleed@ad4x4.com
IF you haven't been to LIWA, then YOU haven't seen the DESERT yet......
Peace And Love, - - - - - Marshal

Monty
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Monty »

WOw what a great night , it was my first camping since the army days .... thank you Jo , Tweety & Waleed for organizing the trip ,, and thank you all guys for the great company ,, i can't wait for the coming camp ,see you all

Where is the trip photo folder ??? 8O

Lars
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Lars »

What a great trip.

Thank you Jo , Tweety & Waleed for organizing the trip.
Sand, rocks, pools.... and a great company.
:camping: :Meetings:
Have a nice time in liwa next weekend :crying:

Tweety
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Tweety »

Thank you guys for the nice 2 days......Hey Lars have you already been in Liwa? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
If not you should go there.....that's the real desert :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
be wise.... buy a Jeep

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

Hi Guys,

... album is created. Where are the pics?????

:hat:
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

Waleed
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Waleed »

Pictures uploaded

:lol:
Waleed Al-Sharaan Toyota PRADO VX 2005 B21717 +971-50-5446434 waleed@ad4x4.com
IF you haven't been to LIWA, then YOU haven't seen the DESERT yet......
Peace And Love, - - - - - Marshal