Stars on Sale by Adiga 03/01/2009

All reports about trips and events
mike0967
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Stars on Sale by Adiga 03/01/2009

Post by mike0967 »

Group Khaiwi, Mood, Banna & Mike

Thank you Adiga for organizing the Star Sale of today, it was a great trip and we had a lot of fun. I was asked to lead the Intermediate ++ group, but actually I did not lead so much.

Our group of 11 cars headed off led by me in the beginning. We started with some small crests and sidesloping along the big dunes until the Chief ordered us to do more cresting :lol: OK, cresting we did then, I led the group over two bigger crests after which we did a small break to change the lead to Ashraf aka Banna with me in 2nd lead.

Latest at this point I would like to give my friend Banna a big thank you and applause, my dear Ahsraf, you were leading us nicely and great today, frankly we did not expect it to be like this but I can easily say that you really did very well and I will support your upgrade to Explorer. You deserve it !

Said this, Banna continued leading us until about 4 pm when we decided to go to the tarmac to give Racha and Mood a farewell as Racha's passengers fell sick and could not continue. Dear Racha, we hope that your passengers are fine and had also fun today.

Meanwhile our Chief was talking to Adiga to get the BBQ point and decided to lead us there by himself, what an honour for us. Who among you know the Chief, it was an excellent experience again, easy tracks but faaassssst :lol: :lol: Man, how I missed this :wink:

I would like to thank the Intermediates in this group, Heinz, Racha, Abdeen, Sukilala, Braveheart, Rizvi and Jaques for the company and can say already that you all did well even though not all of you will get the upgrdade and third star today. For those who did not do it today, please take it lightly, it is just a matter of time and there should be no rush. In the dark side we say "he needs 2 more trips" and it will not be much more, ISA.

Thank you and see you all araound next time ....

Mike
Last edited by mike0967 on Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
// mike0967@ad4x4.com // Member #056 // BMW 118D //

Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal...

Rizvi
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Rizvi »

great trip!

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Thanks Adiga for organising a nice trip with great idea. Year end/start sale cool.

Thanks to Mike and Banna for the great lead and nice selection of tracks, Banna you were amazing today. Well done to all members who were in our group, I am glad you were following quickly and safely.

Well deserved for all the qualified upgrades and wish the rest better luck next time, as Mike said its a matter of few more Intermediate trips and you will be recommended for the upgrade by the marshals leading the trips.

Look forward to seeing you all soon.
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

racha

Post by racha »

thanks for the trip

my passengers slept all the way back :))) and they had too much fun

thank you again for the trip we had much fun
<br>"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."

humsafar77
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by humsafar77 »

Where is the report for Newbies (wannabe intermediates) group. Are only Marshals allowed to post a report or any of the attendee can report about trip?

Any how It was a great trip. I loved it, and wanna thanx to Adiga Taher and all other marshals and friends for a wonderfull time, I must say this is the best trip (ofcourse grand sale is one factor) so far with AD4X4.

Anxiously waiting for another feather in my cap. :D

Oh!! Then what is it humsafar???

hmmmm,    It is a Desert Ride................................

heinz
Advanced
Advanced

Post by heinz »

wow 8O C8OL drive today!

We started with a nice drive with some tricky soft spots and some nice cresting. Thanks to Mike and Banna for a very nice route :D :D !!! Again i learned a lot just trying to follow you guys!

Then Khaiwi decided he wanted some coffee and bbq.... so he led us on an easy track to the bbq-spot ... trying to follow the chief i had to kick my accelerator through the floor trying to keep up :twisted: ... thanks again Khaiwi for keeping an eye on us and giving us a (little) taste of your driving experience!!!

All in all a very nice day. It was nice to see some familiar faces again in 2009... Happy new year to all!!

Thanks for the coffee Sukilala and Katherina !!! A real treat on such cold day! :itscold:

Jax

Post by Jax »

humsafar77 wrote:Where is the report for Newbies (wannabe intermediates) group. Are only Marshals allowed to post a report or any of the attendee can report about trip?
Hi there humsafar77,

The trip leader is the one who posts the opening thread for a trip report.
I'm sure Adiga will be along soon :)

adiga
Deputy Chairman & Co founder
Deputy Chairman & Co founder

Not Bad at allllllllllllll

Post by adiga »

Met on time , some could not attend :evil:

Thanks to Khaiwi, Mike, Halwa, Taher, JC, Viking and Tamer for the help.

Thanks to all who attend today.

Most of the participant got the STAR coz they show us that they deserve it :wink:

Some of the participant need more trips to understand the sand, and to make better friendship with there Vehicles to know each others :roll: and to drive Safely. :(

As we say always. SAFETY FIRST, for you, for the others.

Thank you again for participating, and see you V.V. soon

]trip album created, pls upload your pics.
“Do for this life as if you live forever,
do for the afterlife as if you die tomorrow”

TheFritz

The German Flag

Post by TheFritz »

Thank you, Marshals, for the hilarious trip.

Thank you, AD4x4 family, that I am allowed to be a part of you.

Again, I enjoyed a wonderful trip into, thru and out of the desert.

Some of you asked me and many of you had asked themselves about the flag on Hanako's and my Fake Jeep.

The facts: It was the flag of the German Empire from 1871 to 1918. It was the flag of the German Emperor, it was NOT Hitler's flag. It had been derived from the flag of the Holy Roman Emire of German Nation (936 - 1805).

The background: Today, this flag has a kinda bad smell in Germany. After the end of WW1, Germany developed its first democratic government, and they took a new flag, the nowadays wellknown black-red-golden, which had its orgin in the 1848 patriotic and liberal movement. In Germany's dreadful politic fights during the 20ies of the 20th century, the flag question, with the monachist black-white-redders and the republican black-red-goldeners on each of their sides marked how non-understanding for each other people can be. Today,the black-white-red banner of the German Empire 1871-1918 is often mis-used by some neo-Nazi-eggheads. To cllarify for myself: I am non of those. I am wearing this flag because it looks nice.
Last edited by TheFritz on Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cars can have any color as long as they are black. (Henry Ford)

Viking
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Viking »

Thanks again Adiga - it is always a pleasure to be in your trips. Elias and me enjoyed it and the route was relaxing with some challenges here and there so all in all - Gr8
// Eric The Viking
Back in Sweden with many good memories from AD4x4

TheFritz

apologizes

Post by TheFritz »

Sory, Michael, that you had benn sent out to catch me and guide me back.

I was not aware that I should not have4 been drining away from the BBQ place alone.....
Cars can have any color as long as they are black. (Henry Ford)

rawther

my trip for upgrade

Post by rawther »

well thanks every one for the support and lessons.thanks to Adiga, it was wonderful trip. I had no problems until i deicided to play with my gear to take complete power from my car as advised by one of the marshals...as you know the bandana guy.(next time i will remember your name sorry is it taha)...thanks for the tip..but i stucked for the first time...then second time again....but i treated my self...it was ok..and now i had tamed it. just then I had a good company by the great marshal who was a passenger though...i forgot the nickaname...sorry...there was lot of fun in the trip especially at the BBq area, lloking for the next trip and more challenges.....

have a great week..all

Sukilala

Post by Sukilala »

ok thanks to all for the trip and experience, i had fun driving jc jeep,
nice day, nice get together, heinz u r welcome, needed somethink to warm us up,

but all in all great day

thanks

Pierre
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Pierre »

Great Trip! :D
What an afternoon: early start, on time ...

Again a great lesson by our favorites marshals, the advices that enable to learn and progress... The lesson was not only on sand driving :driving: but also of friendly group help and support :cheers1: . Outstanding! You can not gain anymore stars but you deserve them.... :thankyou:

Al Khatim: It is also amazing that the place can be a very gentle trip for ANIT or a more challenging one, and all that made possible by the Maestro creating a partition live. Today was a great interpretation of Al Khatim by Adiga. :bravo:

One of the 2 best trips to date in the club !

Thanks "the Fritz" for the educative explanation about your impressive flag (great to make vivid pictures) of the German Army at the time of the Second Reich (and not the third one of course!).

Almost all trip member should find some of their pictures in action in the gallery.....

Hope to see you soon on challenging trips :twisted:

Zero_adam

Post by Zero_adam »

Adiga and other resbected marshals, thank you very much for the trip it was realy good and adiga is there any stars hunting again, till next time Salaaaaaaam