AlKhatem Exploring trip REPORT

All reports about trips and events
Mpenzi

AlKhatem Exploring trip REPORT

Post by Mpenzi »

Sorry for delay in reporting but I have to explore some of Musafah Washing places and get rid of kilos of Sand from inside my car.
Them Explore some of oil change places and add some new blood into the car. Phwee
Back to Trip Report.
Thanks to Diver,Mac, abdallah and kghaleb for support and wondeful company.
Left Abu Dhabi on time wheading toward al Khatem only three cars and then Joined by Abdallah in al Khatem.
After 2 kn on Al-Ain truck road we took the road to the left toward Razeen.

The scenary and farms in area are very nice and the weather was just perfect.

We hit our first exploring trip, deflate and hit very soft sand, challenging dunes and we end up way into the dunes and we have to turn toward the area for the first Lake. The lake was there but dried out. This area we classified as ADVANCE ONLY.

We hit the trail again toward Razeen, past it and drove all the way to the Junction that lead to Al-Ain. We could find the Gate on the fence, we turn back and try to find the Gate.that we lead us the the Lake no.2

We enter the place and head toward the lake and stop in the Middle of it to admire the site. of course the lake was dry but a very large lake.

We stop for Lunch, prayers and the then we went for playing around.

The site is very impressive. Simmilar to Liwa and some aspect, Very nice Dunes but nasty very nasty bowls

We clasified this area : Play ground for newbies and advance. Quite no quads or tourists.

The total lenght from Abu Dhabi to this place is 129km. From Abu dhabi to Al Khatem is 69 km and from Khatem to this place is 60km

Very impresive area and potential for more club trip.

Regards.
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

Thanks Mohammed, another great Mpenzi exploring trip, an area we have never been to before, but great potential except for those bowls............nasty.
I think we should start really early one day and drive to the Hameem Road over 50kms away :lol:
Great to catch up with Porsche DiVeR, Abdellah and Khalid, excellent company.
Thnx guys.
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

Thanks Mpenzi for such a nice & relaxing trip 8) I wish we had time to drive in the nice red dunes :P It was great going out with OLD TIME FRIENDS, Mpenzi, MAC, KGhaleb & Abdalla 8) 8)

Yes MAC, a sports convertible Porsche will be definitly my next car 8) ISA..
diver@ad4x4.com (Member #70)

Two amazing places: Underwater & Offroad

Karim
:geek:

kghaleb
Advanced
Advanced

Post by kghaleb »

Thank you Mpenzi. nice to explore new areas with a good company!
you are right it is "a la liwa".. very similar grounds but with lots of steep short dunes and soft sand + BOWLS..

The area needs a couple of more visits ( also to see where this lake ends), I think it's a nice playground to run two trips on both sides of the dry lake bed, one newbie ( explored & routed ) and one advanced..nicely contained and close to tarmac.

Diver, Mac and Abdallah, was great to see you!!

belbassiouni
Advanced
Advanced

Post by belbassiouni »

:( :( :cry: :cry: Working till 6 PM Global Financial Crisis SO WHAT still we deserve Saturday off. :D Happy to know that you had fun, hope will be able to join next time :wink:
Bahaa Elbassiouni
you can call me Bob
Mobile +1 (647) 836-8713/color]
Mercedes C 200 blue efficiency CGI 2011 with AMG kit .

Black *O||||||O* JK 2007 (manual), -
HotHead Headliners to cool the hard top, -

2.5" TeraFlex lift with Fox shocks, .
Bushwacker pocket style fender flares, -
Cooper STT 285x70R17 with M/T Classic II Special Edition rims, -
Gibson Performance Split Exhaust, and -
Garvin Wilderness Trail Rack
Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch