Huge camping trip in Liwa

All reports about trips and events
Nasser
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Nasser »

Me n Viking were on the same plane from Paris and arrived at midnight. Too tired to go to Liwa. :cry:

I am jealeous, especially as I missed the Royal company u had. But still, I am happy for all of ya :D :D
Jeep Wrangler Sport 2014 in Dune Shade ~~~~For Sale~~~~
Nasser Al Karby - 0506668026

ruspotin

Post by ruspotin »

first trip for me driving in sand and it was in liwa... what a strong start...
good company in a perfect landscape ... i really enjoyed it. thanks all

Abo Omar
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Abo Omar »

Well done guys congratulations to all :)
Omar Kamel-Member # 007

sezaroo

Post by sezaroo »

:party: :party: :party:

:veryhot: :veryhot: :veryhot: :veryhot: :veryhot: :veryhot:

:shisha: :shisha: :shisha: :shisha: :shisha: :shisha: :shisha: :shisha:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:Meetings: :Meetings: :Meetings: :Meetings: :Meetings: :Meetings: :Meetings:

wasifahmed

Post by wasifahmed »

Hi There.

Thanks for the great camping trip. Was great fun and the kids got to rough it out a little for the first time in their lives.

They were a little lost though without cable TV and worried about snakes but wouldn't have missed it for anything.

The morning drive was fun but the group ended up too large to manage with people of different skill levels.

I feel the should a a max of 6 to 8 cars in a trip to have things going smoothly.

Shame about the weather turning windy and for having to cut short the trip.

Wasif

choueiri
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by choueiri »

Thanks to everyone for making the Liwa trip so great! Rima and I really had a blast. The Monster really did well, so much better than expected, we arrived at the camp site without getting stuck once on smooth paved highway. I was pushing her to 140 at like 7000 RPM, you really dont want to mess with the Monster.

As for the camp, we really has a blast, we loved the music and the dancing with H.H., thanks Iguana for the introduction. Then back at the camp site for some dinner and staying up all night joking and telling stories. It was really a lot of fun. Then the next morning, Rima and I hitched a ride with Yehia... I really have to say that being in a Jeep Wrangler with Yehia was great experience. I have a new respect for the Jeep Wrangler and of course for the driver! I dont think I am really yet to buy one, I want to destroy the RRSS first... if Rima doesnt destroy me first. She has been threatening to harm me if I harm the RRSS again.

The drive around Liwa was really a lot of fun but I think that it was a little too tough for beginners to be honest. I think if we had continued the path, we would have found ourselves with more damaged vehicles. Its good that we turned back when we did. That's just my opinion.

We then got to back to the camp site, packed out things and headed out. As I was driving on the highway though, my car almost flipped over from the air drag of this incredibly seeping Porsche Cayenne. Luckily I had enough time to write down the license plate number and reported it to the police, that driver should be arrested, such a menace to society.

All in all, Rima and I had a blast and we are so very happy to be part of the family!

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

choueiri wrote: We then got to back to the camp site, packed out things and headed out. As I was driving on the highway though, my car almost flipped over from the air drag of this incredibly seeping Porsche Cayenne. Luckily I had enough time to write down the license plate number and reported it to the police, that driver should be arrested, such a menace to society.
:newlol:
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

Nadia
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Nadia »

Hi all of you,
It was the second time for me in Liwa. I do agree that this camp (public camp) is better than the 'family camp'. Bathrooms were great.
We reached the camp a bit late (thnaks to someone who made 20 cars waiting for him :makingfun: ).
The Sheikh hospitality was great. Iguana, please pass our thanks to the sheikh.
The trip the second day was a bit complicated for the newbies. A lot of difficulties.
Leaving the camp on Friday was funny, everybody was running away from the heat and the sandy wind espesially a Porshe :makingfun:

Thanks Yehia for the trip back. Hope you and Fawzi reached AD safely.

Nadia
<a name="_MailAutoSig"><strong>Nadia</strong></a>

shamsi
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by shamsi »

thank you very much Iguana,
it was very nice meeting you 2

Yehia
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Yehia »

wasifahmed wrote:Hi There.

Thanks for the great camping trip. Was great fun and the kids got to rough it out a little for the first time in their lives.

They were a little lost though without cable TV and worried about snakes but wouldn't have missed it for anything.

The morning drive was fun but the group ended up too large to manage with people of different skill levels.

I feel the should a a max of 6 to 8 cars in a trip to have things going smoothly.

Shame about the weather turning windy and for having to cut short the trip.

Wasif

Wasif,your feedback is appreciated.
this is exactly what we do in all our trips, not more than 8 cars for a marshal, but put yourself in my place as a marshal in the last trip. you have people who drove more than 280 km to see the desert and you tell them sorry you can not go with us,, ,this is why I tried to find the most gentle drive in Liwa to make a trip for almost 20 cars with the appreciated help of Khaiwi, xof and Ali and a small group of experiened drivers.
Sorry for those who found the trip too difficult or " too large to manage" ???? we only tried to make everyone happy.
AD4X4
THE CLUB THAT CARES

Nasser
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Nasser »

Yehia wrote:[

Wasif,your feedback is appreciated.
this is exactly what we do in all our trips, not more than 8 cars for a marshal, but put yourself in my place as a marshal in the last trip. you have people who drove more than 280 km to see the desert and you tell them sorry you can not go with us,, ,this is why I tried to find the most gentle drive in Liwa to make a trip for almost 20 cars with the appreciated help of Khaiwi, xof and Ali and a small group of experiened drivers.
Sorry for those who found the trip too difficult or " too large to manage" ???? we only tried to make everyone happy.
AND U CERTAINLY DID, YEHIA.....this is evident from the feedback of participants. Allah ya3teek al3aaafiyah God Bless U :party:
Jeep Wrangler Sport 2014 in Dune Shade ~~~~For Sale~~~~
Nasser Al Karby - 0506668026

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

and you did well Yehia! it is actually very hard to find an easy track in Liwa, but you did. Despite we were a lot, we succeded to have a small drive and enjoy the nice sceneries of Liwa : sea of dunes, camels, friends...

Off road with AD4x4 is not only driving, it is enjoying desert life.

So guys, remember that we have to adapt the level of the trip to the less experienced and the number of cars. Bringing you out of the sand safe is the priority.

Even without being permanently challenged, we all had (safe) fun TOGETHER.
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

Zero_adam

Post by Zero_adam »

you very well did Yehia and I think without you, Xof and Khiwi we would have suffered allot rather than making every one happy, thank you very much for the leading

Ali

Karkar
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Karkar »

nice day gentlmen , thank you

ps . mood & antrax ..................... let's do it again some other time :twisted: :twisted:
Hated by many , Loved by few , Respected by all
Salute & Hats off for the ruff off-roaders

TJ 2002 Lightly Modified :mrgreen:
JK 2014 that wanna be a 10th anniversary rubicon :twisted:
No More Cats , Dogs or Birds ....... I have a wife and a kid now :roll:

Nadia
Intermediate
Intermediate

hiphiphip Hourrah to Yehia,

Post by Nadia »

Yehia, what you did was great, you really are a very good marshal taking care of everybody.

:behold1: :behold1: :behold1:
<a name="_MailAutoSig"><strong>Nadia</strong></a>