Croissants and Café trip report

All reports about trips and events
Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Croissants and Café trip report

Post by Xof »

My first trip as a leader! i can't remove the smile i have on my face since we left the sand... :D

Everybody shown up in time at the meeting point, which means before me!!! :oops: But still, we succeed to leave on time and reach Nahel town as planned around 8AM.
Quick briefing, i ask everybody to be super cautious as i 'm a new leader, just to give a great confidence to all driver :twisted: and yallaaa!!!

From then it was just a perfect morning. Nice dunes, nice small slopes, nice small crest... not too much soft sand, not too hard too. A great team of drivers, enjoying the ride, following without fear or hesitation but with a huge smile on the face... Few minor stucks, despite some small tricky areas... I hope everybody enjoyed this part and learn someting.

I found a nice tree, so pause Café and Croissants :Meetings: (Thanks Khaled, you are leading the competition ShagriLa/Rotana... for the croissants at least ), nice chat with friends, and hit the sand again with some higher dunes. Danbay and Mac, couldn't resist to organize a party at the top of a crest. Nadia started to prepare her Commander for summer (less plastic, fewer tan lines) before poping out just forthe fun in very low dunes ( but quite technical). At noon, we were out, as planned, everybody safe and happy.

We did 40km in 3 hours drive... Mabrouk guys, this is a very good average!

So, finally :
Khaiwi, thanks for joining, and for your "debriefing". Coming from you, it's important... :okfriend:
Wasabi, Khaled : thanks for the help. You have been perfect, guys. big relief to have such back up!
Nadia : sorry for the fender and the pop out. It will be fixed in 15minutes in Mussafah. That was nice to have you and Malik with us!
Mac : see? your front bumper did very well! :twisted: you have a great car, just need to get used to it.
Nasser : Nice to meet you. Hope the whole family had fun (i could hear some screams sometime :wink: )
Danbay, Andy : keep going guys! you're doing well with your Pathies!
Baha : Always in good mood, always smiling... Such a pleasure to have you and your son with us!

To all of you, thank you for joining my first trip, for your trust and for your smiles. :behold1: A great team makes a great trip :bravo:
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Croissants and Café trip report

Post by Mac »

Thank You Xof for a well planned day and a beautiful route through the dunes, we really enjoyed it, sorry I missed the debrief but as you know there were some minor things to sort out, very pleased with my stock front bumper which is to be replaced next week with a fabricated one, as for the rear one :cry:

Great to be back out again and pleased that almost everyone had the correct gear with them, for those that didn,t, please arrange it asap, no gear..... no upgrades.

Thanks.

Mac
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

kghaleb
Advanced
Advanced

Post by kghaleb »

Thank you Xof for a very nice route / drive and a fun day out... Well planned - Excellent trip !
Was a french toast trip ( the 4x4 french national team leading and sweeping )

Wasabi
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Wasabi »

Bravo Xof for your first trip You did great; the route was just fantastic (thanks to your copilot :wink:) and everyone did very well, no major stuck, bad for me :twisted: :twisted:
It was nice to see you guys, shame we have to wait a week to see each other again!
Nadia, Hope it will not rain tonight...... :mrgreen: Let me know if you can fix the problems with Jeep 2morrow!
Mac, believe me, your car looks much better with a broken rear bumper :lol: :lol: :lol: now it is a real offroading car :cheers1:
Khaled, no competition between us, I can tell you your croissants are better than mine..............(but need to test again to be sure :evil: )
Andy, you should be so dead and I am sure you will sleep so well tonight (2 trips in the same day......... )
Khaiwi, Dan, Nasser, Baha and all of you, it was a pleasure being with you today.
:ad4x4:

Wasabi

XOF; encore bravo :cheers1
:
We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend

belbassiouni
Advanced
Advanced

Post by belbassiouni »

thanks Christoph for the nice route and for all the fun.
sorry Nadia for your fender, but with the quality of driving of today you need a Wrangler :lol:
Bahaa Elbassiouni
you can call me Bob
Mobile +1 (647) 836-8713/color]
Mercedes C 200 blue efficiency CGI 2011 with AMG kit .

Black *O||||||O* JK 2007 (manual), -
HotHead Headliners to cool the hard top, -

2.5" TeraFlex lift with Fox shocks, .
Bushwacker pocket style fender flares, -
Cooper STT 285x70R17 with M/T Classic II Special Edition rims, -
Gibson Performance Split Exhaust, and -
Garvin Wilderness Trail Rack
Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch

Nasser
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Nasser »

Xof,

U r a natural leader man.....u led us this beautiful morning in Suweihan like a true pro, the route was excellent and all the participants were great. I really enjoyed myself today and would not hesitate to join your trips in the future :bravo:

Thank u Mac, I hope u r satisfied with my equipment :D

Khalid, as usual u r good company to have on any trip. Wassabi, it was nice to meet u n your passenger pet :lol: and my daughters loved your pet, and they sure had a lot of fun.

We were also blessed with the presence of our Chief, Khaiwi. Sorry I missed the debriefing, I was in a hurry to join Omar Kidd's trip. :D
Andy, it was a pleasure to be with u. Nadia, u surprised me....u r a true Intermediate in that huge rig, if u drive a JK, u will be a Marshall :mrgreen:
Danbay, stick with your Pathy, it is a monster. Baha, it was nice to meet u :D

See ya all next time :monkeydance: :monkeydance: :monkeydance: :monkeydance: :monkeydance:
Jeep Wrangler Sport 2014 in Dune Shade ~~~~For Sale~~~~
Nasser Al Karby - 0506668026

Danbay
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Danbay »

Great trip everyone! and it was nice to meet you Xof!

My heart felt sympathies to Mac and Nadia for there injuries, I hope all of it will be an easy fix :!:

Thanks every on for the great trip!! :D

-Dan

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Very nice day out with a great bunch of AD4x4 Family members.

I rarely enjoy being led on a trip, but exceptionally I enjoyed following your route Xof, credit to your leading skills.......;-)

Enjoyed the chatting/breakfast session as well.

Sorry for you Mac and Nadia, hope things will be fixed very soon. Thanks Danbay for the Lubricant :oops: :oops: I mean the D40.

Will load the pics v-soon...

See you all soon.
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

Andy
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Andy »

Xof you led this trip like a veteran, I cannot believe that was your first lead.

The route was perfect for Intermediate, and such a stunning area. This was my first time on that route but it wont be my last.. :wink:

What a great group of people , and a nice mix of old and new friends............... :cheers1:

Sorry about your cars Nadia and Mac.. :roll:

And now I must sleep 3 trips, 2 days.......roll on next weekend.. :lol: :lol:

See you all soon, and thanks again to everyone..... great trip

Andy

Nadia
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Nadia »

Hi all of you,

Waht a great trip!
Thanks Xof for this. It's amasing when we realise that it was your first one as a leader. Keep on guy.

Thanks all of you for your support. The tire fis ixed, and the fender clipped back.
You are right Nasser, I really need a proper car now. Actually I was looking at the Wranglers yesterday at Jeep workshop while they where fixing my car.
So Andy, aren't you interested by my Commander, need to sell it to buy a wrangler, pleaaaase :behold:

It was very nice meeting all of you, hope to see you soon
Nadia
<a name="_MailAutoSig"><strong>Nadia</strong></a>

Andy
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Andy »

Nadia wrote:Hi all of you,

Waht a great trip!
Thanks Xof for this. It's amasing when we realise that it was your first one as a leader. Keep on guy.

Thanks all of you for your support. The tire fis ixed, and the fender clipped back.
You are right Nasser, I really need a proper car now. Actually I was looking at the Wranglers yesterday at Jeep workshop while they where fixing my car.
So Andy, aren't you interested by my Commander, need to sell it to buy a wrangler, pleaaaase :behold:
It was very nice meeting all of you, hope to see you soon
Nadia
Thanks for the offer Nadia, but I already have one 'Plastic Pig' I dont need another..... :wink:

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

Guys, thanks for the feed back... :oops: :nobigdeal:

my pictures have been uploaded. Despite you will not see the thumbnail, click on the pic and here it is!

So, ready for the next one? keep an eye on the site for the next announcement... :wink:

cheers and see you all in the sand! :bravo: :woo:
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry: