Catch the Worm - Trip Report

All reports about trips and events
Uristier
Advanced
Advanced

Catch the Worm - Trip Report

Post by Uristier »

A cool trip in the cooool dunes of Al Khatim.

After rubicon and mero pulled out at last minute!!!! to join Ultramind’s night drive, Gladiator with his red boxed Rubicon, maddog with the FJ Cruiser and Pumukl in his modified GMC Sierra Truck found their way to the meeting point in the early hours.

Well Pumukl was up but not awake as he was on his way to the office!!! :lol: :lol: I wonder what happen that he mixes the office with the dunes. I can’t believe that he loves the office more than the dunes so I guess he was still asleep. :verysleepy:

It was easy to follow me to the deflation point in Al Khatim (only few cars on the road). The temperature was veeeery comfortable with only 21°C. After deflating the lower part of the tires and a short briefing we hit the sand.

Few minutes into the drive at the first crest I faced a fun at the bottom of the dune. Thanks to maddog who grabbed a shovel and cleared the way we could continue our journey with side sloping, cresting and nice loooong slip faces. In a fast pace we continued until I managed to get 50% of the convoy on a crest – to rest. Well done. :woo:

Thanks to Rubicon we enjoyed a very special recovery. Getting a Rubicon through a barbed wire fence was my first recovery of this kind. :bravo: :bravo:

Despite some very soft spots we reached our exit point safe and sound with a temperature rise of only 8°C.

Thanks to the three worm catchers for accompanying me on this trip. I enjoyed the drive with you.

Look out, there are more worms out there.

Cheers
Uristier

pumukl
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Catch the Worm - Trip Report

Post by pumukl »

My start could have been indeed a bit better. :cry:
At least I was happy that my body managed it to find the way to the car. :driving:
....I was awake from the moment on were I recongnized that I just past the exit to the meeting point :arrow:
(missing the exit works better then the strongest coffee)

The rest of the trip was soooooooooo great! :D

There was one situation were I would have appreciated 'Lamborghini doors' for my truck .... :roll:
...but somebody told me that we have to produce some stucks so that the marshalls don't get bored on the trips and to give them the possibility to show some recovery skills :mrgreen:

Thanks for the trip! It was really great!

Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Gladiator »

Thanks Urist for a nice challenging trip....
As you have said,, that fence stuck is one that don't happen very often....thanks to the Red Rubicon for give you the chance to learn something new :lol:
i enjoyed the time... enjoyed the company.. thank you and thanks to maddog & pumukle for the wonderful time we had.

hope to see you in a early morning trip again Chief

maddog
Advanced
Advanced

Post by maddog »

Great people, great day out - what more can I say!

As much as my body hates my brain telling it to get out of bed at that time of the morning, it really is the way to do desert trips this time of year. I mean to say, I only turned my AC on for the last half of the trip!!!
Citius, Altius, Fortius - Swifter, Higher, Stronger
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
maddog@ad4x4.com