Sweihan to Khatem 13-06-2009

All reports about trips and events
mike0967
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Sweihan to Khatem 13-06-2009

Post by mike0967 »

A trip very much to my personal liking, but easy when you are leading. 40km from Sweihan to Khatem in a good 2 hours and 30 minutes thank to the nice bunge of offroaders we were today.

Out of initially 8 cars only 4 could make it to the meeting point, sorry for the others, hope its all gonna be fine for you.

Meeting at Sweihan gas station me, Pumukl and Eng_Adel left to the entry gate, where we deflated and waited for Urs who was on a special mission to rescue a lost Jeeper in Abu Sallaf :lol: before he could catch up with us on the gate.

We took it easy in the beginning, but speeding along the fence and through the lower dunes towards Khatem, before we increased a bit trying to go through areas of higher dunes. As it was hot and we did not want to encounter many stucks due to timing I had to take the one or other workaround to continue the high speed drive.

But some animals forced us to slow down, so that we could catch the amazing sites of nature, which was kind to offer us plenty of Gazelle views today, accompanied by some camels and a frightened Lizzard, who quickly decided to dive in his home when he felt us approaching.

So, we followed a nice pair of Gazelles towards Khatem, which took us a bit off track, but finally we ended up their safe and sound and everybody smiling.

Urs and Pumukl had to leave us for home, so it was Adel and me who met with Viking group for a nice after drive chat and sandwhich ......

Thank you all for the nice company today, it was a good trip indeed !

Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
// mike0967@ad4x4.com // Member #056 // BMW 118D //

Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal...

Uristier
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Sweihan to Khatem 13-06-2009

Post by Uristier »

Hey Mike, thanks for the nice trip. May "Inspectors" realiy liked the drive and the dunes and the fast pace.

Well on our way to the meeting point we had do go for a recovery. An AD4x4 intermediate made a tour with a friend (AD4x4 member?) 2 cars and a broken down J E E P. Did a quick recovery pulling the jeep back to the truck road for onward recovery to Abu Dhabi.

As we had to deflate for the Jeepy recovery we continued deflated to Sweihan and met with Mike and the 2 remaining cars.

Nice side sloping all along our track, minor reecoveries and Gazelles on our way to Al Khatim.

eng_adel222

Post by eng_adel222 »

thanks mike for nice fast driving trip . we was les cars but moor fun
thnaks for uristier and pumukl. i was luky to drive with tow big marshals with 4 cars group .
thanks for all.
adel.
:ad4x4: :ad4x4: :ad4x4:

mike0967
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by mike0967 »

eng_adel222 wrote:thanks mike for nice fast driving trip . we was les cars but moor fun
thnaks for uristier and pumukl. i was luky to drive with tow big marshals with 4 cars group .
thanks for all.
adel.
:ad4x4: :ad4x4: :ad4x4:
You were doing very well dear Adel keeping the speed and it was a real pleasure to have you with us!

Keep it up!

Mike
// mike0967@ad4x4.com // Member #056 // BMW 118D //

Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal...

pumukl
Advanced
Advanced

Post by pumukl »

Yes it was fun! It was great fun!
Good pace and small but great convoy!

Hope to have more trips like that....