The "once-again" trip 13/6 - Report

All reports about trips and events
Viking
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

The "once-again" trip 13/6 - Report

Post by Viking »

Wooooooow this must been one of the most funny trips I have ever done. Mostly because of the people joining of course and I just love that route from Khazna to Khatim.
5 cars met and headed off to the deflationpoint where we met with Bluelion. After a short briefing we hit the sand and the lovely long dunes of Khazna. We kept the speed up and just enjoyed despite the heat (46!!).
After a while the terrain changed into narrow dunes which forced us to zig-zag through but everybody did great. A few stucks of course but thats part of the fun.
The closer we got to Khatim the dunes started to build again and the last part we tried to find some nice bowls where we could try our skills and machines. Unfortunately Abu Jaguar missed this part as we had to drop him off so he could be in AD 7.30 but the rest of us continued all the way.
After catching the gravel road in the sunset we met up with Mike and what was left of his group, sat down and just relaxed. I think some of us were quite tired with the heat and the driving which sometimes was challenging.
Special thanks to Stav who handled 2nd lead and to my ever so supporting Rolf for the sweeping. I am so happy that you help me out more or less everytime.
And also thanks to Bluelion, Hammadi and Abu Jaguar for taking part and making this trip unforgettable. I just hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.
I will be leaving for summer holiday on Wednesday but I will see you in the sand when I get back I hope.
// Eric The Viking
Back in Sweden with many good memories from AD4x4

Abu Jaguar

Re: The "once-again" trip 13/6 - Report

Post by Abu Jaguar »

Frankly saying WAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

The best route ever had ,Thanks a lot Viking for a wonderful trip

Nice meeting you all again , and hope to see you soon in the same spot . I just loved it

It was amazing tricky and some nice big dunes with speed :mrgreen:
Abu Jaguar Bin Za3lan Al Bahra

Happy now ?
____________________________________________________________________________________

Bluelionesse
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Bluelionesse »

Thanks for a really great trip Viking - we had a lot of fun.

Thanks also to Abu Jaguar and Rolf for freeing us from the stucks

Just uploading about 120 or so photos to my facebook - search for me, Marina Bruce and have a look at my page. Would have taken more photos but kept having to hold onto the door grab as we bounced around the dunes.

See you all in the sand again soon

Marina & Neil

stav
Advanced
Advanced

Post by stav »

Thanks a lot Eric for this nice trip.

Nice also to see the others for at least the second time :wink:

Some parts very fast, some parts very tricky, some parts very High but all parts very Funny :D

Enjoy your vacation and see you at your return for new trips.

See you soon

wasifahmed

Post by wasifahmed »

Hi Eric.

Sorry to have had to pull out, looks like you guys had a load of fun.

I wanted to go but it was just a bit too hot and with my boys in the car I felt it would be too much for them, going by the deep red colour on their faces.

Have a good vacation and look forward to meeting you in more hospitable weather.

Wasif

RolfP
Advanced
Advanced

Post by RolfP »

Thanks for a great day out and very nice route. Always a pleasure to assist you Viking :ad4x4:

Have a nice holiday

Rolf
LC VXR V8 2001

Rolf 968 93204031

Hammadi

Post by Hammadi »

Thanks guys this was my second trip and was great I'm looking for the next trip.

Regards,
Hammadi