Piggies Playtime.......26/06/09

All reports about trips and events
Andy
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Piggies Playtime.......26/06/09

Post by Andy »

Well here it is my first trip report................. :woo:

Everyone met on time, including Jax, who wasnt late she just happened to be in a different time zone from the rest of us..... :dontknow:

We met Bluelionesse and her son (who will now be known as Captain Red Face "The stealer of all things AC"..... :veryhot:), at the defaltion point, after deflation and briefing we headed out.

The race between myself and JC to get stuck was pretty tight to begin with, but yes I was the winner :Trophyad4x4: I had what is known as a 'Technical Stuck' for demonstration purposes. :oops: I was concerned that JC would be upset by not winning, but he was having problems remembering what he was driving and was parked nose down into a bush when he realised that Jeep isnt spelt Prado.. :driving: After this lots of people thought it would be a good idea to follow our example by parking ontop of dunes and in bowls... :chicken: . Macmumu realised that Toyota design team made a mistake with the bumper design on the Prado, and decided to re-model it the way it should be for them :roll: .

By the way we hadn't even gone 2km by this point....... :wink:

We moved out to the slighty larger rolling dunes, where we stopped for a coffee.................................... and for Abu Jaguar to rebuild the suspension on his Green Frog..(Barkil you are banned from even sitting in my car!!)........JC decided that he would build an ADNOC repair facility and we abandoned them........Dont worry there will be a trip next weekend to pick them up.. 8O

We continued on with our remaining troops, into the larger dunes and some slip faces where you all did well, however a couple of you need to remember to keep straight on the way down YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE :nono:

After a brief discussion over RADIO USE!!!!! :evil: :hit: we made our way towards our exit point, where Fauzi's Wrangler decided it was having toooooo much fun in the sand and didnt want to leave :jeeptj: no forward gears :cry: but its ok a long rope and a Pathfinder persuaded it to join the road.

I had a great time with a really fantastic group of people, I couldnt of asked for a better family for my first trip.... :okfriend:

A very special thanks to Jax, JC, Sukilala and Halwa for all there help, advice and encouragement.... :behold1:

Thanks everyone, I hope you enjoyed as much as i did :bravo:

See you all soon

A very happy Andy... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mike0967
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Re: Piggies Playtime.......26/06/09

Post by mike0967 »

Big Congratulation Dear ! 26th of June you run your first trip as Explorer. January 16 this year was you ANIT in Sweihan 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
// mike0967@ad4x4.com // Member #056 // BMW 118D //

Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal...

Andy
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Andy »

Thanks Mike, this really was a proud day for me.... :mrgreen:

I have to say without yours and Vikings help and advice from when I joined the club, I would never been able to do this today.....thank you.. :bravo: :behold:

Viking
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Viking »

Great news that all went well but I didnt expect anything less.
// Eric The Viking
Back in Sweden with many good memories from AD4x4

Fauzi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Fauzi »

Andy,
Congrats matey, and thanks for organising such a fantastic trip. :D
On top of what you considered as a "Technical Stuck", you should also mention about "Technical Pop-Out". My special thanks went to Jaxx and Halwa for showing in such great details how to manage it. 8O
By the way, the Jeep is still at Al Khatam Adnoc. Now waiting for the recovery truck to take it to Musaffah. :oops:
Anyway, met with a really wonderful and fun bunch of people. Jaxx, your clear instruction inspired me to move on and on even when the vehicle decided to do the opposite. JC, your are the man! Andy, will always remember the Peggies towing my Jeepie :wink: Also your instruction - "use radio or else no trip!!" Gggrrr :evil: . Extreme, thanks for taking me back home. Nice chat haa.
See you guys next time.

Xtreme
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Xtreme »

Thanks Andy, it was nice meeting you and your famous red plastic pig.
When you have :jeeptj: in the trip you always have to expect so trouble, but that is a part of the fun. Whatever, most important that it ended with everyone happy in the boiling sand :veryhot:
Sorry for Abu Jaguar and Fauzi, but I'm sure everything will be fine.
Fauzi it was my pleasure to take you back home, leaving your poor :jeeptj: in Al-Khatim.
It was nice to see Jax, Jc, Sukilala and Halwa and of course some old and new friends of our big family :ad4x4:
:thankyou: Andy for this nice trip, I'm sure you won't forget it, and see you on your next trips.
Guys please somebody create an album in the gallery to share the photos, specially Andy's and JC's "Technical Stucks"
:cheers1:
You will never never Know, If You never never Go.
Xtreme (aka Rober Raouf)
Black Mitsubishi Pajero LWB 2005 3.0L with 2" Old Man Emu
Mob.: +971 50 811 9940

Abu Jaguar

Post by Abu Jaguar »

Amazing family and great faces to see very early in the morning :mrgreen:

By the way ,there was no trouble with the mint box , only the spacer became loose , I was so lucky that i saw it before anything happened.

We had to re fix the crew back in , but unfortunately we could not without taking the whole suspension out :twisted:

JC you are hilarious thanks a lot for your help and your friend too.

Barkil and Nagati , you are my men always indeed in troubles .

thanks for everyone for the lovely trips .

and please no one create an album showing how nice we were :oops:

But in spite of all , great trip and i am glad that i participate with the first trip ever made by my friend Andy
Abu Jaguar Bin Za3lan Al Bahra

Happy now ?
____________________________________________________________________________________

halwa

Post by halwa »

Good job Andy, that was a great trip with a rewarding route.
Like you said we had a few stucks and pop outs that was dealt with
in no time.

We all had a lot of fun, good to see the new and the old.
It was nice to meet you Juliun, and congrats on your new car!!!!!

Hope to see you all soon, :D

Halwa

Sukilala

Post by Sukilala »

what can i say

Andy it was a awesome trip, and worth getting up for, I had a great day with heaps of great people,
except a bit tiring in the start, while everyone was helping with the stucks in the first couple of miles, i was busy making a clubhouse for Rashid, to keep the sun of his psp, talk about hard work, and dying of heat stroke,

true Andy jc forgets it is a Prado, but at least it came home in one piece, and not in the work shop

abu jaguar and fauzi, hope cars are back on the road soon, { this is a jeep thing},

but overall it was a great day

Carol
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Carol »

Thank you Andy for this nice trip!
For the first one, it was full of events and sure you will remember it ;o)
you kept your lovely smile and also your serious... a good point to feel responsible and above all secure :o)
the road on the big dunes was so great !
I was also happy to share this morning with such a group, old and new friends... :o)))
hope the pretty jeep of Fauzi will be on the road (off-road) very soon ;o)
at last, thanks to u and Jaxx for your advices and support,
see you with enthusiasm :D
Carol.

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

Congratulation Andy, seems you had a lot of fun, and your guest too! so the goal of your trip is reached 100% !!!

sorry again not to be able to join you (it's a jeep thing...). Instead, we went for a boat trip, burned a fuse, spend an hour trying to repair it with coke can and we had to be towed back to the marina!!! :mrgreen: looked to me the same than a trip with the club, without sand in shoes at the end of the day!!!

see you next week for another page of AD 4x4 History :ad4x4:
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

Sukilala

Post by Sukilala »

xof: seems u are having a run of luck, best to stay indoors, and maybe off the laptop, it may be the next thing to blow up

take care, would not want that to be your page for next week on :ad4x4: history

hav a good one :cheers1:

Nahhash
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Nahhash »

Andy wrote: Macmumu realised that Toyota design team made a mistake with the bumper design on the Prado, and decided to re-model it the way it should be for them :roll: .

.................................... and for Abu Jaguar to rebuild the suspension on his Green Frog..(Barkil you are banned from even sitting in my car!!)........

A very happy Andy... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I told you they are on board so be careful :lol:

Congratulation bro for your first trip, looks you had a lot of action and many of unhappy Jeeps, but always they end up with some Nissan pulling them out :lol:

hope your cars will be fixed soon guys
MOHAMMAD

Fox
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Fox »

Thank you Andy for a great trip !
It was my first on which I did not need rescue, only advice from Jax
on that one huge unsurmountable dune ! It was yoohoo when the fifth
attempt was successful !
Thank you all for great company, nice to see some known faces and meet
some new !

Xtreme
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Xtreme »

Hi Andy,
If you have any pics from the trip, can you please create an album so that we can upload our photos and share it.
Thanks man see you again.
:cheers1:
You will never never Know, If You never never Go.
Xtreme (aka Rober Raouf)
Black Mitsubishi Pajero LWB 2005 3.0L with 2" Old Man Emu
Mob.: +971 50 811 9940