Bulldog run group 1

All reports about trips and events
TINTIN

Bulldog run group 1

Post by TINTIN »

Well, what can I say. Didn't even deflate and overheated due to dodgy fan connection. Turns out its a temp sensor for the fan switch. Put A/C, fan works :D Next, 3 kilo's in 3 hours :roll: ...... The Bulldog was not in the mood, got stuck in a bowl lost all power and had to be pulled out by Andy. Another 3 hours later and I was on the back of a recovery truck on my way to Mussafah. Lets hope the vet can ix my doggy's ailments and have him up and running again soon.
I just want to thank all of the guys in my group for all of their help, it is false when we say this is a family. FAMILY DOES NOT HELP THIS MUCH. :twisted:
050 880 2485
1998 ZJ 5.2L V8 (The Bulldog)
with stuff

And more to come.

{ZJ's ROOL ALL THE REST DROOL}

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Bulldog run group 1

Post by Xof »

let's give more details!!!

Everybody showed up in time :okaay: minus 1 (who informed us, thanks :wink: ). Weather was nice, and eerybody was motivated.

We reached the deflation point, and Tintin decided to transform his radiator into a keetle for his english morning tea... :mrgreen: while he fixes it and let the Bulldog cool down, we had our briefing with small toll box talk about the good use of radios, and we split the group. One lead by Maddog with supervision of Mood, one lead by Tintin with supervision of your "serviteur"...

the Bulldog finally wake up, and we were in :driving: ! very soft sand, low gear for all i guess, first crest stuck, and second stuck for our leader at the top of a bowl/valley... Andy pulled the beast down and... nothing more :suicide: . The Bulldog decided this would be the best place to spend the next 3 hours!

while every body played around, Tintin started to show that he knows his engine like his pocket :hit: , but that was not enough! the Dog refused to move! :angry: we were all melting under the sun, but everybody was in good mood, smiling :D and joking :makingfun: ... We understood the dog was dead, so there started the longest recovery i have been involved in a tricky hundred meters. Winch of Triplod, extended double strap and an amazing brutal drive by Andy, :bravo: and at 11, we get the car out of the valley. Triplod found the closest gravel road, PPnath and myself found the flatest track to go there, and we where out after another 15 minutes.

What have we learned today? that the plastic pig is stronger than the english Bulldog!!! :mrgreen:

Andy, you really amazed me. You are good my friend!!!
Nasser, love your rig. Was nice to see you. At least we had time to chat a little.
Nuclear, nice to meet you!
Pp nath, nice car! you do well with it, keep coming for the pleasure, that is the best motivation ever!
Triplod, long time no see... lucky we had you and your winch!
Tintin: i told you. either a trip goes smooth, or it turned to hell!!! you'll get more luck the next time. But before organizing a trip, make sure your bulldog can do it! let us know what was wrong!

To all, i really appreciated your team spirit, your patience, and your smiles! none of you complained, and all were fairplay... This is my family! :ad4x4: :behold: :behold1:

See you for an other trip, with a real drive... and thanks again guys! :together:

i'll create the gallery later tonight... going to do sport with my wife (shopping... :evil: )
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

TINTIN

Post by TINTIN »

Yeah, sorry mate, was a bit tired and crispy :twisted: It was a very eventful 3 km and we did all learn a lot! DON'T DRIVE A ZJ!
Andy - I'm extremely impressed with your Pathy and you are a legend! :breakdance:
Nasser - You're a life saver for the recovery truck, saved me 200 dhs....what a guy! :D
Xof - I can see why you got promoted to Marshal, you're cooler than a polar bear's toenails! :okaay:
Ppnath - Keep attending trips, because with your attitude, you'll soon move up the ranks. :4wheeldrive:
Nuclear - As always, it's a pleasure. Thanks for being my safety car. :behold1:
Triplod - Thanks for taking care of the guys while we tried to fix the bulldog....Patience of a saint :bravo:

Next time I promise the bulldog will be in peak performance and ready to rock :guitar: :rockandroll:

So until next time.....
Fingers crossed and stay safe. :ad4x4:
050 880 2485
with stuff

And more to come.

Nasser
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Nasser »

Wow 8O

TinTin - I am attaching some facts I got from Wikepedia regarding health problems related to Bulldogs. U might find something there :lol:

Xof - U r a professional man, cool Marshal. It was nice chattin with ya

Andy - U have truly earned your upgrade to Marshal - Amazing staff u did there bro :bravo:

Triplod - Cool as usual, and your winch played an important part in pulling the Bulldog :D

Nuclear - It was nice to see you again :D

Ppnath - Pleasure meeting you. Hope to see u more often.

Problems related to health of a Bulldog ( source: wikipedia)

The bulldog's unique traits sometimes contribute to specific health issues. Breathing problems can be prevalent in the breed due to the shape and the shortness of its muzzle. Most noticeably, bulldogs are known to snore loudly.

Some individuals of this breed are prone to interdigital cysts, which are cysts that form between the toes. These cause the dog some discomfort, but are treatable either by vet or an experienced owner.

Other problems can include cherry eye, a protrusion of the inner eyelid (which can be corrected by a veterinarian), certain allergies, and hip issues in older bulldogs. However, bulldogs are bred to be bowlegged in the hindlegs and thus do not usually develop hip dysplasia.

Puppies are frequently delivered by Caesarean section because their characteristically large heads can become lodged in the mother's birth canal during natural birth. However, it is not entirely uncommon for a bulldog to whelp naturally and successfully.

The folds or "rope" on a Bulldog's face should be cleaned daily to avoid unwanted infections caused by moisture accumulation.

Like all dogs, bulldogs require daily exercise. If not properly exercised it is possible for a bulldog to become overweight, which could lead to heart and lung problems, as well as joint issues such as Roxy.

Bulldogs are extremely sensitive to heat. Extra caution should be practiced in warmer climates and during summer months. Bulldogs must be given plenty of shade and water, and must be kept out of standing heat.

Bulldogs naturally curling tails can be so tight to the body that it requires regular cleaning and maintenance.

In January 2009, after the BBC documentary Pedigree Dogs Exposed, the The Kennel Club introduced revised breed standards for the British Bulldog, along with 209 other breeds, to address health concerns. Opposed by the British Bulldog Breed Council, it was speculated by the press that the changes would lead to a smaller head, less skin folds, a longer muzzle, and a taller thinner posture, in order to combat perceived problems with respiration and with breeding due to head size and posture.[1]

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Nasser on Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeep Wrangler Sport 2014 in Dune Shade ~~~~For Sale~~~~
Nasser Al Karby - 0506668026

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

seems nothing worked for us today, the galery is out...
a few pics just for the pleasure...
DSC03986.JPG
DSC03990.JPG
DSC03991.JPG
DSC03997.JPG
DSC04000.JPG
DSC04003.JPG
DSC04005.JPG
DSC03995.JPG
DSC04004.JPG
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

TINTIN

Post by TINTIN »

Nasser wrote:Bulldogs are extremely sensitive to heat. Extra caution should be practiced in warmer climates and during summer months. Bulldogs must be given plenty of shade and water, and must be kept out of standing heat.
:veryhot: :chico: :dontknow:

The most annoying thig is, I ordered a cooler thermostat, secondery electric fan and new rad cap to help aid the poor dog's cooling and it arrived in the DHL sort office thursday afternoon. Ah well, lets see what the mechanic has to say. :?
050 880 2485
with stuff

And more to come.

Andy
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Andy »

As far as I am concerned yesterday was a great success.....

The trip was well planned not only was the route well prepared, but by splitting the group in two you ensured that we could have kept a good quick pace. You also arranged a meet point for both groups half way through the trip, which had a play/training area.

The car problem only highlighted to me not only the family but teamwork within this club. Everyone had their own part to play and I honestly believe that without everyones input and assistance we would not have succeeded. I would be proud to go anyhwere with such a team..... :bravo: :behold1:

Fantastic job everyone :okaay:

Tintin, a good well planned and executed trip and next time we will nail it.. :mrgreen:

Triplod
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Triplod »

Thanks Tintin and Andy

Every trip has its positive aspect. We practiced some recoveries, one fairly difficult, scouting for routes, towing in the desert, correct radio proceedures, one pop out. You dont often get this much practice in a fairly short distance.

Cheers Triplod

Nasser
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Nasser »

:iagree: 100% with Andy and Triplod.....this was quite an eventful trip. Well said Paul

Tintin, I am waiting for your next trip, count me in and as Andy said, we will nail it :D
Jeep Wrangler Sport 2014 in Dune Shade ~~~~For Sale~~~~
Nasser Al Karby - 0506668026

Brummie
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Brummie »

Hi Tintin, really tough luck with the motor, I'm sure the dog will have it's day soon.

Sounds like the trip inspired the best in everyone, what a family!!

Cheers
:cheers1:
Brummie
Brummie Bin Harzen Al Magboul
Do everything, regret nothing, don't run with scissors, Al Magboul Rules!!!

nuclear
Advanced
Advanced

Post by nuclear »

Sorry for my late replay but Im having proplems to login from my site office ..

Well ..What a Trip :D

Tintin.. Hope your bulldog will recover quickly and Yes .. we will nail it next time :lol: but im imagining what would happen to your bulldog if no improvmernt done :mrgreen:

Xof .. as Tintin said, you're cooler than a polar bear's toenails .. Good lead for the family effort and good luck in your shopping sport :mrgreen:

Andy .. I do love my car now more becousre of you .. :cheers1: the greatest recovery i,ve ever seen .. Pathfinders Rules :cheers:

Nasser.. Your Jk rocks .. always nice to see you .. and thanx for the information about the bulldogs

Ppnath .. Nice car .. hope to see you again in the sand .. It was a pleasure to meet you

Tripold .. what would we do without your winch .. it was a great chance to meet you

Sooo many lessons learned that day .. One of them is .. If you cann't fix it by a hammer then , it is an electrical proplem :mrgreen:
ANTI JEEP
:-)  Very Happy to be AD4x4 member :-)
The Journey of 1000 miles begins with a broken fan belt & a leaky tire ;)

ppnath
Advanced
Advanced

Post by ppnath »

Thank U Tintin, Xof and Andy for organizing this trip.
It was a nice trip that you guys planned and I hope it was a grand sucess. I believe every one had fun.

Well The Weather was nice. :veryhot: Great company and also you chose a nice route.

Tintin, Sorry for your Bulldog's reaction on the sand. Well I wish to see your next planned trip soon.

Thank you all for the trip and well we manged to get out the rig from the bowl. Xof you are a great Marshal who makes time to time decisions. Andy, you spend lot of effort to pull out the car. Nasser, Nuclear nice to meet you and I look forward in seeing you soon. Tripload, long time no see man. Nice playing with you during the break time.

Xof, as you said, will see you soon in the next trip.

thanks to all !!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D