the Bulldog Run group two - 3 Jul 09

All reports about trips and events
maddog
Advanced
Advanced

the Bulldog Run group two - 3 Jul 09

Post by maddog »

Actually, the title of this one isn't very accurate - cause the poor old bulldog didn't run!! Or not for very long anyway.
I wont labour the point as its covered on the other thread, but needless to say that hopefully Tintin will have the bulldog up and running again in no time :okaay:

The decision was to split the trip into 2 groups, to make it more manageable and for a bit of variety. Hence me taking point on the second group with Tintins waypoints and plan.

Our group set off from the deflation point ahead of group 1, the idea being that we head off and meet up at a downroute waypoint for a brew and a chat. Things moved along at a good pace due to the fact that we had a small mobile group, we moved off to the North of Tintins route, found some good variety, threw in a bit of sloping, cresting, quite a few bowls around but we ran well. Managed to find some biggish dunes, and had some playtime too. We had the odd crest, a couple of pop outs, and quite a few self recoveries. All good stuff.

At the pre arranged meeting point - there was no meeting! So a bit more bowl running, a sit and a chat, and on our way again.

The sand was typical mid summer humidity type, soft on top for the first few inches, and harder damp stuff further down. Interesting! Maybe contributed to our tyre pops.

It was good to watch self recoveries going on, with just a little bit of encouragement, success was there. All part of the experience gathering game.

Brummie, you did well today, you hung in there on my 6, a few cresties, but thats part of the game. Good to see you working it and self recovering. nice to meet you.
Mohammed, just remember to take your handbrake off huh!! :D Hope you enjoyed yourself and we see you again.
Ole. Good to see you again and your Northern visitors. Hope they enjoyed a day out in the desert. Always enjoy watching a big Landcruiser drifting along a sideslope. Nice one.
Mood, what can I say. always good to see you in the ever changing FJ! Wonder what you'll have next time I see you!! Finally managed to open the mike set when I got home. WOW!
And last but not least Lars. The hard working ARB sponsored recovery technician in the big nissan. You got a good workout today buddy, you lost some gravy too I know! thanks for the pop out demo too :twisted:

I've been trying to overlay our track onto Google Earth, and post it here. No real reason to do so, just for a bit of interest. But no joy :? Anybody have any idea?

Thanks guys, a good day out in the sauna!
Citius, Altius, Fortius - Swifter, Higher, Stronger
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
maddog@ad4x4.com

ole
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: the Bulldog Run group two - 3 Jul 09

Post by ole »

Tanks everybody. It was a great trip. Special thanks to Maddog for leading us through the dunes. My visitors enjoyed it very much, and I'm pretty sure we will see them again in the dunes.

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

Maddog, seems your group did well. I'm happy about it for your first real lead (if i'm correct!).

just a reminder, we don't post our routes on the web site... this is confidential stuff :mrgreen: . But feel free to send it in PM to the members of your trip.

I was also surprised we could speak clear and loud with radio with more than 3km between us (ok, i had to climb the highest dune around, but even...)

Thanks for proposing your help, and see you soon my friend.
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

MooD
Board Member
Board Member

Post by MooD »

Thanx All For the day..............
MadDog You toke Nice rout And every one in the trip like it ................. All did gr8 job ....
Now after this trip I can Go any where with the FJ but no carzy Drive with it ............
Lars you did gr8 recavery Today with the Badrol ...............
Hopping to see all soon ................
:ad4x4:
Are you Ready For Action with MooD.....

Off RoadIng Is An Art.........................
Banna ... You will be missed but never forgotten
Others & My Rights ……

maddog
Advanced
Advanced

Post by maddog »

xof wrote:Maddog, seems your group did well. I'm happy about it for your first real lead (if i'm correct!).

just a reminder, we don't post our routes on the web site... this is confidential stuff :mrgreen: . But feel free to send it in PM to the members of your trip.

I was also surprised we could speak clear and loud with radio with more than 3km between us (ok, i had to climb the highest dune around, but even...)

Thanks for proposing your help, and see you soon my friend.
cheers xof
To be honest, I had no idea the routes were confidential after the trip 8O
ciao
Citius, Altius, Fortius - Swifter, Higher, Stronger
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
maddog@ad4x4.com

Lars
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Lars »

Maddog You did a great lead. Thanx for the trip. :ad4x4:
Hope to see you all next Weekend :D

Lars
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Lars »

The gallery ist not working 8O
Mood, can you send me the nice picture :mrgreen: (Not the pop-out demonstration :twisted: )

TINTIN

Post by TINTIN »

I am glad my trip was lots of fun for you guys. My poor little doggy is now with the vet and waiting to have his booboo fixed. Let us see what the damage is and we will attempt this again, this time I will have 2 fans and a new t-stat to help out with the cooling. :D
050 880 2485
1998 ZJ 5.2L V8 (The Bulldog)
with stuff

And more to come.

{ZJ's ROOL ALL THE REST DROOL}

Brummie
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Brummie »

Hey Maddog,

Great trip and great lead, especially as it was your first, which no one would have known, fantastic.

Thanks to one and all - great to meet up with faces old and new, as usual it was a real pleasure.

My special thanks to the bowl I spent a long time to get out of, I liked it so much I bought quite a lot home with me.

Cheers
:cheers1:
Brummie
Brummie Bin Harzen Al Magboul
Do everything, regret nothing, don't run with scissors, Al Magboul Rules!!!