Vikings comeback trip 19th July - Report

All reports about trips and events
Viking
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Vikings comeback trip 19th July - Report

Post by Viking »

Back in the sand and also the privilege to spend another unforgettable day out there with good friends.
We met at 3 PM and except for two persons all showed up on time. Dont forget to call if you are late. We left at 3.15 and Gerry caught up with us before we reached our deflationpoint so all were gathered finally :-)
We started pretty simple and Abu Sallaf was nice to us with not so soft sand as we had expected. With four Marshals (Yehia, Mood, Jax and Banna) looking over the convoy I think we all felt safe.
We stopped at the camelfarm for some drinks and chat before we headed into the trickier part with some higher dunes and deep bowls. We also found a playarea where we spent some time.
On our way towards the BBQ Abu Sallaf decided that enough is enough and we ended up in soft sand. Several cars got stuck and we even had a few pop-outs before we all could gather for some laughs and drinks at the BBQ-spot. On our way out I managed to find a nice little bowl to get stuck in so everything was normal. I usually get stuck at least once while leading so I am happy :roll:
For me it was a nice day and I hope all of you enjoyed it as much as I did. All of you did great and I hope all of you at least picked up something new and challenging.
Special thanks to my Marshal fellows for helping us all out, Pierre for a perfect 2nd lead and Ole for sweeping. We will miss you Ole (moving to Kuwait) and hope you can visit us sometime in the future.
Looking forward to see you all soon in the dunes again.
// Eric The Viking
Back in Sweden with many good memories from AD4x4

Xtreme
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Vikings comeback trip 19th July - Report

Post by Xtreme »

Great Day, Great Family :ad4x4:
Thank you Viking for this amazing unforgettable day, full of action, stucks and pop outs.
It was really fun in the very soft sand and tricky dunes of Abu Sallaf.
It was nice to see Yehia, Jax, Banna and Mahmoud in his trip, always taking care of the convoy's safety.
Also it was nice to see some old friends and also to know new ones.
Banna thanks for taking my brother in law in an unforgettable ride for him.
Thank you all for this nice day and see you soon.
:cheers:
You will never never Know, If You never never Go.
Xtreme (aka Rober Raouf)
Black Mitsubishi Pajero LWB 2005 3.0L with 2" Old Man Emu
Mob.: +971 50 811 9940

stav
Advanced
Advanced

Post by stav »

Again a very good day in the sand!

A lot of Marshall to feel confortable, a good little start to warm up the car, a small break to take power, a lot of more challenging places and beautiful views, and finally a great place to try slide sloping and five marshals to show you how to deal with a pop out.

So now i know to deal and i can sell also 3 pieces of wood to make support on the sand. Mine was little too big!

Enjoy to see all the friends and the desert again and hope to see all of you very soon.

Jean Marc

Carol
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Carol »

A so nice afternoon in the desert ! too short :( but very nice :D
we felt well looked after, the trip was full of events, the drivers were open and smiling, the marshalls forthcoming and we played with little tricky dunes and big ones more impressive... so nice!
thank you Vicking for this trip and for your advices
thanks also Yehia, Jax and kindly Mood for your support :wink:
see you all soon with pleasure :D

Carole

ps: je n'ai pas dit aurevoir au charmant couple de Bretagne qui m'a gentiment regonflé les pneus arrieres... aurevoir donc et à bientot j'espere!

MooD
Board Member
Board Member

Post by MooD »

Thanx Viking For The day Out in Abu Sallaf ............. Nice Rout All Had Fun.................... All Did Good Job
Welcome Back Yehia and Viking .....................

See You All Soon
Are you Ready For Action with MooD.....

Off RoadIng Is An Art.........................
Banna ... You will be missed but never forgotten
Others & My Rights ……

Bluelionesse
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Bluelionesse »

Great trip from Viking (as usual!) - some challenging soft sand, great dunes and a visit to a camel farm too :D :D
Good to see old friends and meet some new ones :D
Was really good to see pop-outs sorted, we have been on about a dozen trips and no-one had had one before.
Thank you Viking for the photo opportunity, they came out well and I have uploaded my shots to facebook.
Looking forward to seeing you all in the sand soon
Marina
:ad4x4:

ps - love to know what angle we were at on THE dune on the way out to the road!

Yehia
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Yehia »

Thank you Eric for the nice trip in the desert, it was nice to see nice people after more than one month away from UAE.
Jax it was nice to see you yesterday after a long time.
Thank you all for the nice time and see you soon.
AD4X4
THE CLUB THAT CARES

Rod
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Rod »

Fantastic trip, nice sand, stucks, pop out (also the first one I saw) and, as usual, nice people.

Hope to see you soon, after some vacations.... in Al funtain.... for the car and in France for myslef.

Cheers,

Rodolphe

Bluelionesse
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Bluelionesse »

Public link to my facebook album for this trip. These are quite small files, if anyone would like the original for printing purposes,please pm me :D

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 82b7f7cf6e