All reports about trips and events
Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Report: Newbie floating in Sweihan jully 24th

Post by Jo »

comming home at 23:30h, shower and bed.... stop, forgot to write the report :(

Here it is:

We floated from Abu Dhabi and Dubai through the traffic towards the defloation point. Defloated and got briefed how we float in the sand. And how we did! The long convoy pierced with newbies and marschals mad e good road. Starting with small sandheaps all the way to the sandy range higher and higher.
During the float we met heavy construction machines and one as frog trimmed (hani, your WT is with Frank). Finally we crossed the valley and at sunset settled for the BBQ.

Sandwich, steak, coffee, shisha and a chat under the open sky. The end of a perfect offroad day.

Thanks to Urs for this and to all participants, from Newbie to Boss-Marshal.

See you after the summer vacation
:hat:

P.S.: Album is created in Gallery
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

Karkar
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Report: Newbie floating in Sweihan jully 24th

Post by Karkar »

Simply a great day :-) , jeep was not feeling well so I came with my spoiled office ride, it's been a long time since I took the pajero to a drive and the old girl is still proving that she can do it :-p .

Great track Urs , I really enjoyed it , nice to meet some new faces along with some old faces as well , thanks for everybody and hope to see ya all soon .

Cheers
Hated by many , Loved by few , Respected by all
Salute & Hats off for the ruff off-roaders

TJ 2002 Lightly Modified :mrgreen:
JK 2014 that wanna be a 10th anniversary rubicon :twisted:
No More Cats , Dogs or Birds ....... I have a wife and a kid now :roll:

Waleed
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Waleed »

It was great to see all new faces and old friends after a long relaxing time. Great day and nice chat. Thanks Urs for the nice trip and nice route. It was a plesure to see the cheif as well. Sand was veeeeeery soft and little tricky , and temprature was 40 but everyone did very well with very few stucks which is part of the fun

Thank you all and see you soon
Waleed Al-Sharaan Toyota PRADO VX 2005 B21717 +971-50-5446434 waleed@ad4x4.com
IF you haven't been to LIWA, then YOU haven't seen the DESERT yet......
Peace And Love, - - - - - Marshal

pseacraft
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by pseacraft »

Wow! Another great track lead by Urs. Your right Urs, listening to the dunes "talk" on the downslope is incredible. Absolutely fantastic mix of climbs and downslopes, the soft stuff was very challenging for me in 4H (I am not very comfortable with 4H yet) and a blast in 4L, The views were spectacular and prove what a wonderful country we are all in. A great mix for familiar and new faces. The BBQ/Shisha break was very nice in horsehair skies. I hope my work schedule will allow me more opportunities to join the fun.

Until we meet and ride again!

:cheers1:
Eric

Uristier
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Uristier »

I enjoyed this "ADVANCED Newbie" trip despite scaring my "passenger" when climbing the dues 8O :lol: I alway felt safe as our chief kept an eye on us :roll:

Good to see "old faces" and "newborn newbies" floating the dunes in Sweihan.

Thanks to all the Marshals for the support.

Frank

Post by Frank »

Thanks Urs for this nice trip. It was one of the best I did.
Thx also for the other Marshals.

special Thanks to Bulldozer who helped me at the Popout. I recognized today that half swaihan was in my tyre :lol:
One of you forgott his radio. Its with me. Call me or send me a message.

See you all next time.

Frank & Andrea
Is der Berg a no so steil a bisserl wos geht allerweil
Men are not complicated - We are a fun
Who have driving skills - no need exorbitant power

Tweety
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Tweety »

Really a fatastic day :D was a lot of fun :D :D :D and a wonderful route..thanks Urs :D
Now 3 weeks without sand :( it will be very hard...
Hope to see u all again soon
be wise.... buy a Jeep

Desert_Rat

Post by Desert_Rat »

Came back at 22:40, shower, tv and slept at 01:00...now wake up at 16:30 and straight on the computer to read & write a comments:)...
it was a very awesome float in sweihan. i was not expecting this much height :roll: ..ofcourse scare the hell out of me but the confidence given by the marshals till now and other newbies trying n doing, provided courage :o :D . amazingly my vehicle did good n again i m proud of it..i enjoyed the trip very much n nice secenery..
Thanks Urs again for such a wonderful trip...jo, tweety, frank, woodpecker, pseacraft, nice to meet u again guys. nice chatting with Jo n chico in the end :)..
happy to c some well recognized nicks suck as..Bulldozer(breaking chains), Antrax, Khiawi. Bulldozer, antrax nice to chat with u guys....Waleed and Ultramind i was very happy to c u guys after our JAnuary trip..my 1st ever with ad4x4 n were there...
Nice feeling of the offrad n family...end was wonderful with shisha, bbq relaxing....tc guys n wish to c u again on sand... :ad4x4: :cheers: :) ..
The world is not FLAT, Whatever the TERRAIN, there's JEEP. Get in n Get movin. The WORLD is WAITING.
Arif AKA Desert_Rat (Al-Ain)
Jeep Wrangler Sport - 2013 - Grey - BFG 285/70/16
H&R TRAK+® Wheel Spacers, 2.5" TeraFlex coils, Rancho RS7000 Shocks, Rancho RS5000 Steering stablizer, AOR Dual Exhaust muffler, SUPER Chip Tune, AirAid CAI

ANIT (4) Newbie (7)

050-6230947

madaboutdune

Post by madaboutdune »

hey! hey! this trip was absolutely fantastic! we have had a great time! exploring the desert and realising that there are a lot of stuff a hummer can do... we felt a bit scared---my wife really when we were faced with difficult and high peaks of the dunes... but after that it was all laughter when we managed to get to each fun safely. special thanks to the marshalls-- their watchful eyes has helped me do my own thing in the sand, knowing that if they can do it, i know i can too!

thanks guys! looking forward to having another mad trip with y'all...

---madaboutdune--- 8O 8O 8O
(edmund)

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

Thanks Urs for letting us joining u in this lovely nice trip, the most important thing was seeing all the old good friends & meeting new faces, Chief welcome back its been some time, u cannot stay long away from sand, as usual we came late but never the less we manage to catch up with the guys on the Hi dunes area, we played like never, and enjoyed every second, frank thanks for letting practice the PopCorn recovery, setting chatting sharing my Diesel coffee of course the recipe still confidential, madaboutdunes nice meeting & your friends (our filipino group is increasing), Carol nice talking to u, u driving improving just need to practicing more better knowledge of your car capability u gonna be great off-roader, C Ya guys very soon on the Dunes :ad4x4:
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Thank you Urs for the nice trip and great track for mewbies plus. One of the few trips i enjoy when am not leading. :roll: :twisted:

It was a good warmup for me and my Liwa-Rubicon after almost two months of duneless life,,,, couldnt imagine I survived without sand .

Glad to see so many old faces in a newbie trip and pleasure to meet new faces too. Look forward to seeing you all soon.

Pics already uploaded. Enjoy-----------------------------

Cheers,
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

stav
Advanced
Advanced

Post by stav »

Thanks Urs for this trip.

You put us on the top of the dune with an amazing view 8O

As usual, all the trip was done with safety and smiles, nice to see some new faces and very nice area for the barbecue with 'Sand age' the little beatle.

Thanks for the explanation of the origin of the tea Bulldozer, i will drink only coffee now!

See you all soon in the desert.

Jean Marc

Carol
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Carol »

A long time we did not see you Urs and it was so nice to follow you yesterday :D
Happy to have seen again ''old faces'' too :wink: and to meet smiley and kindly new people. I always enjoy the family ambiance of the bbq :)
The place of Sweihan, the point of view and the challenges dune after dune in the soft sand were really great... I well understood the name of the trip!!! that's said, thank you Waleed for your advices :wink:
It was also very nice for me to speak with you Bulldozer, I appreciate your support and, sure, I have a lot of things to learn from my lovely car, we need to spend more time together... sorry JM, you will keep the FJ :lol:
See you all with pleasure XXX
Carol

Woodpecker
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Woodpecker »

Just a short report ... IT WAS A PERFECT DAY :D :D :D

Thanks Urs and all the other Marshals for this VERY nice trip.

Special thanks to Tweety ... showing me the right way to climb the dune :wink:

Hope to see you all SOON 8)

Detlef

PS: I added some photos in the Gallery
Bürokraten in den Reißwolf, mehr Zeit für's Wesentliche!
========================================================
For Fun and More: The Black Box, Wrangler JK Tornado 2009, OME 2,5"
Just for Fun: The Black Bike, BMW R1200GS 2007

pseacraft
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by pseacraft »

Wow, great pictures everyone! Thanks for sharing them in the gallery!

Got the video roughed out and hosted. Just over 3 and a half hours of footage edited down to 57 minutes. A little longish but I always want to try and capture the essence of the entire trip not just the highlights. Hope you all enjoy it.

:cheers1:

Eric

http://vimeo.com/5771445