Live in Khatim 25th of July - Report

All reports about trips and events
Viking
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Live in Khatim 25th of July - Report

Post by Viking »

We met at Mahwi and headed towards Al Khatim where deflation and briefing took place. We chose the left side and started slowly to avoid any stucks in the heat and IT WAS HOT. Our plan was working perfectly except from some few stucks that was recovered quickly. We stopped for a break and some more water under the shade of a tree before we continued playing around. When the temperature dropped we increased the level a bit but everybody refused to get stuck :D We stopped for a group photo and as a rescue to my plan two cars were stuck on the crest. (Yes I know that even I parked on another crest earlier but I had to since no one else would) :-)
The last hour we spent just playing around trying our best to find a dune that we hadnt visited before and that was hard I must say. I think we covered most of the area today. In the final dunes before we stopped Jr parked the Jeep in a nice bowl and finally I had to use the winch and prove to my MOI that it is absolute necessary to have one :lol: if she ever doubted that. Otherwise Jr and my TJ would still be down there. (looking fwd to the pics Pierre)
It was a lovely day and I hope all of you enjoyed it as much as I did even though I was trapped in the Badrol the whole day. Thanks to the ever loyal and helpful Andy for the support.
I also would like to thank Nessie as this most probably was her last trip with the club for a while. We (at least me) will miss you and Marty and I would like to wish you all the best in the future and hope to see you back soon again. Thanks also to Pierre for sweeping in the back.
And finally to all of you who was in the trip. You did great and I was impressed that we didnt have more stucks as it was sometimes soft and I tried quite hard 8)
// Eric The Viking
Back in Sweden with many good memories from AD4x4

Jerry-jr

Re: Live in Khatim 25th of July - Report

Post by Jerry-jr »

Thank you Viking for the wonderful trip. I had a great time and it was nice meeting new people. Thanks again hope to see you all soon.

Xtreme
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Xtreme »

:veryhot: :veryhot: :veryhot: :veryhot: :veryhot: :veryhot: :veryhot: :veryhot:
But it was another amazing Trip.
:thankyou: Viking for this wonderful trip, although it was boiling in the sand we all had fun and enjoyed our day so much, it's my last trip before vacation.
We tried not to get stuck because the recovery was not so easy in this heat, so I think it worked, and here is the new law by ANDY,
"In summer time any stuck car has to pay 50 AED for recovery, and a good discount on double recovery, 75 AED for both", so take care guys.
I had the pleasure to do my first recovery today with the help of Viking and Andy.
It was nice to see some old friends and to meet new ones (Timo keep in touch).
I forgot to tell you guys please post your photos in the album
See you all after my vacation.
:cheers1:
Last edited by Xtreme on Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You will never never Know, If You never never Go.
Xtreme (aka Rober Raouf)
Black Mitsubishi Pajero LWB 2005 3.0L with 2" Old Man Emu
Mob.: +971 50 811 9940

Andy
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Andy »

Viking as always a pleasure to be part of one your trips...... :D

I was bitterly dissapointed with you all today, I go on vacation on Thursday and there wasnt enough stucks! I was hoping to make some decent money today :wink:

Seriously though, excellent job today by all of you I was very impressed........ :bravo:

I had a great day in the plyground, but it was tinged with sadness as it was Nessie and Marty's last trip......... :(

See you all after my vacation..... :mrgreen:

Andy & Li......... :D

pseacraft
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by pseacraft »

Thanks for a great trip Viking! As soft as it was everyone made a good showing of it. Thanks for the sideslope tips and the playtime, that was quite fun. Viking Jr handled the TJ quite well, wonder why that is? Good lad you got there. Pleasure was all mine to let you give the Prado a nice tug off your crest. :mrgreen:

Thanks to Pierre for the sweeping FJ, I think we got the worst of the soft stuff but the tough toyota's made us look good. :D A huge thanks to Andy for the encouragement and the good boot in the bottom when I needed it most! :oops: have a good holiday!

Good to meet Timo, Extreme, Jerry Jr, and everyone else. A pleasure to meet Nessie and Marty today so its sad to see you go and hope to see you both back when the weather is better!

:cheers1:

Eric

timo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by timo »

Viking,

Thanks for yet another very enjoyable trip with lots of fun ..All the trip members were a great company!!

On the other hand, I have really enjoyed my first Wrangler trip..now I know why everyone was pro Wranglers. I am a very happy & proud TJ owner :D

Andy,

You owe me one... my bravery worked this time... hope it will keep on working for me though... 8)
Looking forward the next trip..
\

Pierre
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Pierre »

Thanks Viking for organizing this trip, once more it was great.

I specially appreciate the "meet on time, live on time" policy in the humid heat of the Adnoc.

In the desert, the pretty accurate thermometer of my car was showing 46/47deg during 2 hr!

I enjoyed being at the back and had leisure to take some pictures, and I have decided to upload quantity and you will pick for quality.

There's a few side slopping sharp pictures that could be your decent desktop picture (thanks to the perfect choice of the dune by Viking and the perfect timing to get the sun in good position :) ) , so if you want them full size just email (PM) me.

Thanks to all of you,it was nice being with you.

Pierre