Jax Farewell trip - Report

All reports about trips and events
Viking
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Jax Farewell trip - Report

Post by Viking »

** Jackie is unfortunately not able to write the report and asked me to do it for her. **

We all met at Adnoc Mahwi and headed for Khatim N where we deflated. Jackie asked me to lead the convoy which I did with pleasure. We started pretty easy but found some nice dunes and some challenges. I was a bit disappointed though since no real stucks were seen. We headed deeper into the dunes and they grew bigger and we found some real nice spots where we played around. On our way back I headed towards my favourite bowls and dunes and YES - the stucks happened. Bluelionesse started followed by Ali and Yehia. Ali managed to find exactly the same deep bowl where I winched my jeep out last week (No I didnt drive it there 8) ).
To get Ali out of the bowl was a tough job. I tried to winch first and then Jax tried with the result that her winch line broke. Saeed showed up and tried driving out but no luck and the attempt resulted in an additional pop-out :lol:
Finally Saeed and me got Ali out using both our winches and we could all head for the BBQ. When we arrived even Lee's BBQ was ready (based on last weeks experience he need extra time) and we sat down and enjoyed the evening.
Thanks to all Marshals (Mpenzi, Halwa, Yehia, Jax, Lee) for assisting on the trip.
Thanks also to Ali, Bluelionesse, Boujebba and pseacraft for joining as well.
I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did.
Last edited by Viking on Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
// Eric The Viking
Back in Sweden with many good memories from AD4x4

pseacraft
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Jax Farewell trip - Report

Post by pseacraft »

I was fortunate to be invited by Jax to join the trip. I owe Jax a lot for introducing me to many of the great members of this family. :D

Viking led another excellent trip through the dunes. :mrgreen: For some reason many of them looked very familiar, might have something to do with the Live Al Khatim trip last Saturday but am not sure. 8O The beginning reveled that the area was a bit softer than last weekend but still very manageable. As we got into the more challenging bigger dunes with many a soft spot the action began in earnest. I smartly stopped and :chicken: 'd out at the infamous bowl as intuition started to kick in. It did look easy enough but Boujebba was saying what my heart was - go around. After watching Ali casually cruise right through the bowl the first time I thought just maybe I can do that, but I realized I do not posses a sand transplant so wisely elected a bypass like the :chicken: that I was. :mrgreen:

Being the token newbie on the run I am very grateful for the support of all of the Marshalls present, Ali, Bluelionesse, Boujebba and of course all of the young ones who make these trips truly a family affair. Hopefully my work schedule will again allow me the pleasure of joining future trips. The past couple of weeks have been fantastic!
:cheers1:
Eric

Zero_adam

Post by Zero_adam »

Dear members of this trip;
First of all I want to start my reply with a special thanks to Jax as a trip organizer and the most helpful marshal in the club.
Secondly another special thanks to all marshals ho were trying to get my car out of it curst as it was not just a stuck, Mpenzy, Halwa and Viking. Saead Off-road for your help and a gain Saead do not blame your self for what happened to my car as it was going to get damaged any way and you and Viking did a good work.
I am taking my car to Mussafah on Sunday to see how much it is going to cost( Front bumber and 2 reer Mud flab )
Viking thank you for the nice lead the root was nice and easy and I think we all enjoyed it.
Jax really sorry for your cable
Mbenzi it was nice to meet you and it was good to have more Prado’s around, waiting for one of your trip when it cools down
Halwa (it was nice to meet you)
Lee your BBQ was faster than last week and it was not so burned and full of sand as usual, were you trying to break last week record!!??
pseacraft it was long time no see man, you do need some sand injection in your blood.
Blulioness you did very well.
Boujeba: it was good to see you after a loong long and long time my friens and it was nice to meet your wife
All kids were added value to this trip.
T_Almaqbool it was good to see you at the BBQ point after a long time.

Thank you and see you when I come from my holiday in Srilank after the 12th of august
Last edited by Zero_adam on Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluelionesse
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Bluelionesse »

So many thanks to give
To Jax for organising the trip and keeping us going through the tricky bits with plenty of encouragement
To Viking for finding a great route, enjoyable to drive with a few challenges along the way
To Ali for taking Cam in his car - (what's wrong with my driving?) - Cam now knows how to deal with a megastuck requiring a double winch-out, though I hope he won't have use for this information while he is in the car with me driving- I hope your car gets better very soon Ali
To everyone who helped me with my stucks, Menzi, Yehia, Ali, Halwa, thank you for your help, I'm learning all the time
To Lee who led me out of the soft sand, and did a great job (until he momentarily forgot that he had a new intermediate following him)
To Pam who encouraged me to drive smoothly and not fly over crests
To everyone else who came along, Boujeba and Pseacraft, and all the youngsters,thanks for making this such a special day out.

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

Great trip, great comapny and great BBQ
Jaxx nice orgasation and a nice trip
It was also nice to be on the sand agaian after long time.

Thank you all and thanks buddy for the rope. :chicken: :chicken:
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

halwa

Post by halwa »

Thank you all for a great trip. It was nice to see you all.
Eric nice lead man and thanks Jax for letting us all have
so much fun. Ali I hope your car is fixed in no time.

Lee good job with the BBQ thank you!
Hope to see you all soon and take care!!

BouJebba
Advanced
Advanced

Post by BouJebba »

Thanks Jax for the wonderful Trip, my :chick: had sooooo injoyed it, she is monopolizing the communitie's sand box since. The kids had to call the firemen to winch her out (ok, I bribed them, so I can have dinner :oops: )

Eric, great leading, as usual :okaay:
Ali, Thanks for the nice pics you took of my wife and me. We hope your car will be fixed quickly and we will enjoy your company on the sand soon.
Lee, thanks for sharing your :BBQ: I noticed that your lighting skill has progressed since our last trip ;)

Thanks every one and see ya soon on the dunes :ad4x4:

pseacraft
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by pseacraft »

Finished the video while visiting my family and my new house in Thailand but due to monsoon season and my sketchy internet connection in my village I could not get it uploaded. So finally it is up. Was a great trip with a nice stuck at the end that I did not record, BBQ was more important than recording in the dark. :mrgreen:

Thanks again Jax and Viking for a great trip!

:cheers1:

Eric

http://vimeo.com/6167954