Newbie Iftar Drive – Trip Report

All reports about trips and events
Uristier
Advanced
Advanced

Newbie Iftar Drive – Trip Report

Post by Uristier »

10 Abu Dhabi members left the meeting point ON TIME to meet with the Al Ain & Dubai Newbies in Sweihan.

The drive to the deflation point gets more and more challenging. This statement is proven by the fact that some AD4x4 off roaders were forced to deflate half way to the “planned deflation point”. :o

After getting the cars ready (also some sophisticated engineering was required) and the trip briefing we hit the dunes for an enjoyable and relaxing drive for the Iftar BBQ. I guess some drivers felt very boring so they decided to exercise recovery.

I was surprised to realise that after an ANIT there are still members who have not been told how to use a shackle! Well now they know as some Newbies DID the recovery. Well done. :bravo: :bravo:

Thanks to Xof, Triplod and 9balls for their great support in making sure all our Newbies were safe all the time and assistance was available whenever required.

One important aspect: Driving into higher dunes does not necessarily mean the driving level increases. In fact it is only a slight drop in the atmospheric air pressure as we go higher. :wink:

We descended to normal barometric pressure for the BBQ. A good Iftar, a shisha and a chat made the time was passing at high speed.

After (the usual) night drive we all reached back to civilisation safe and sound.

I could sample the savour of another nice afternoon with interesting people, relax and recharge my batteries for surviving the next six days.

Thanks to everybody for joining me this afternoon. Hope to see you soon somewhere between the dunes.

Uristier

9ball
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Newbie Iftar Drive – Trip Report

Post by 9ball »

Thank you Urister and everybody for another great outdoor adventure, very nice relaxing drive. Met a lot of new people, everybody did great. My friend Ed from New-York ( who just moved to Abu DHabi ) absolutely loved his experience. And of course T-Bone and Shisha with a moonrise was awesome! See you all next time!

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

A great day!!! :D but could you expect anything else with AD4x4?

Despite the heat (44°), a bunch of enthusiastic off roaders shown for this newbie challenging trip, followed by a very friendly BBQ under the full moon with a fresh breeze (34°)... We enjoyed it, as usual... We could enjoy breath taking sceneries, i love Sweihan for that! Thanks Urs for your usual perfect lead and organization, for the coffee, for the chat...

As usual, my list of personnal messages :mrgreen:
-Marwan, wait to be deflated before hitting soft sand (even 30cm thick...) :twisted:
-Gerald and Edmond, our white H3 drivers, you did super well! I really appreciate the clever way you drive your H3, which are not the easiest cars. But as we always repeat, the driver makes it, not the car!
-Rod, you need to show up more often dude! we know you are capable, but be a little patient. As for the power of your engine, maybe you had too much dead (speaking) load in the pax seats... :cheers:
-Triplod, thanks for pulling me down the dune. My JK was so well there that it wanted to sleep on the spot! (petrol was not reaching the engine anymore, too much inclined... to be checked by WM).
-Jo (nice shirt!) and Tweety : nice to spend a few minutes at the BBQ with you! Chico looks in great shape! we'll have to organize a trip soon... :wink: training for ADAC?
-Lars, our latest Explorer, always great fun to chat with you. we found a few camel bones remaining from your diner... do you want them back? :mrgreen:
-Yann, long time we did not meet! always a pleasure! welcome to your friend Ed! i bet that was the best way to introduce him to the UAE and to our family. tell him not to listen to any body and to go for a JEEP!!!

As for the others, well, i was sweeping on the back, you were far away on the front... but i could hear you had fun!!! :ad4x4:
Last edited by Xof on Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

pseacraft
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by pseacraft »

A very nice day for a Sweihan trip with the Master. Was again able to bring a co-worker, Rocco, out who had never been, he had a blast and was amazed at the downslopes and views. We both really enjoyed the BBQ - big thanks to Edmund and his wife for bringing the Adobo - loved it! :D A big thank you to Urs for allowing me to be second lead, it had been a long day already and my brain was a bit slow until I got the sand in my lungs and it woke up. An excellent track was selected which had some nice softies and bowls to stop and watch the action as everyone met the challenges. Most of you didn't get to see it but Urs had a huge grin on his face throughout pretty much like this one: :mrgreen:

So good to see many familiar and new faces. It is a pleasure to de-stress with such a wonderful family, the nicest people here are in the desert. Excellent therapy for the mind and soul.

:cheers1:

Eric

MarwanJeeper
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by MarwanJeeper »

xof wrote:A great day!!! :D but could you expect anything else with AD4x4?

Despite the heat (44°), a bunch of enthusiastic off roaders shown for this newbie challenging trip, followed by a very friendly BBQ under the full moon with a fresh breeze (34°)... We enjoyed it, as usual... We could enjoy breath taking sceneries, i love Sweihan for that! Thanks Urs for your usual perfect lead and organization, for the coffee, for the chat...

As usual, my list of personnal messages :mrgreen:
-Marwan, wait to be deflated before heating soft sand (even 30cm thick...) :twisted:
-Gerald and Edmond, our white H3 drivers, you did super well! I really appreciate the clever way you drive your H3, which are not the easiest cars. But as we always repeat, the driver makes it, not the car!
-Rod, you need to show up more often dude! we know you are capable, but be a little patient. As for the power of your engine, maybe you had too much dead (speaking) load in the pax seats... :cheers:
-Triplod, thanks for pulling me down the dune. My JK was so well there that it wanted to sleep on the spot! (petrol was not reaching the engine anymore, too much inclined... to be checked by WM).
-Jo (nice shirt!) and Tweety : nice to spend a few minutes at the BBQ with you! Chico looks in great shape! we'll have to organize a trip soon... :wink: training for ADAC?
-Lars, our latest Explorer, always great fun to chat with you. we found a few camel bones remaining from your diner... do you want them back? :mrgreen:
-Yann, long time we did not meet! always a pleasure! welcome to your friend Ed! i bet that was the best way to introduce him to the UAE and to our family. tell him not to listen to any body and to go for a JEEP!!!

As for the others, well, i was sweeping on the back, you were far away on the front... but i could hear you had fun!!! :ad4x4:

I don’t know why I like ur comments any way my suggesting is to remove few stars from u coz u talk to much and no help :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .and they give to me at least I did recovery and a good job,,, :cheers:
But really was wonderful to be with you guys,,thanxs for every body….

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

cc12a.jpg
choose which one you want :wink:

I should have mention that you did very well for the rest of trip... :okaay:

As for the talking :oops: , if you don't do it yourself, you can't learn! :mrgreen:
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

Triplod
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Triplod »

Thanks Urs great drive as usual.

It was great to meet lots of new offroaders and get back in the sand (was in the forests for 3 weeks before).

Regards Paul (Triplod)

Bluelionesse
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Bluelionesse »

I am writing this report as Bluelion is working his way through the list of household jobs I have given him before he goes offshore on Wednesday. However he reminds me it should be a short report as I have a cake to bake for Urs!

Sweihan is probably our favourite offroading spot - not just because it's only 20 minutes from home. :D

Lovely sand, great route - thank you Urs, wish I had been driving! :(

Thank you to Makes for taking Cam in his car - he really enjoyed your company and your driving (and our car was really quiet too :D )

Thank you to Pseacraft for a loan of his binos so we could see Jupiter's moons - never seen them before.

Great to meet friends old and new and sit down on a lovely clear moonlit night for some food and a chat.

I've got some photos to upload to the site, no album has been created yet but I will check later in the week.

:ad4x4:

Rod
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Rod »

As usual the trip was great .... many stucks, many cars, nice place to enjoy the sand and a great BBQ under the stars.

:bravo: for you all.

Special thanks to : Urs for the lead and the organisation of the trip, Xof for the advices ( but cannot do anything for the dead load..; need to talk during the trip :verysleepy:) and 9 ball for the barbecue.

Hope to see soon...

Rod

Gogo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Gogo »

Very nice trip.
Thank you Urs
Ahmed

Gerald Benitez

Post by Gerald Benitez »

Aw...!!! It's a grate trip love it very much, especially the deep dune..., scary... :?
But i enjoy it a lot....!!! Tnx uri and the other marshals it was the best!!! hope we can do it again... and love the BBQ under the starz and the moon...
1st sweihan trip and it was a blast... cant w8 to the next trip...
Tnz XOF for the complement, nice to here it from the expert... LOL :)

TC every one see u next trip....
Gerald

SEAMUTT
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by SEAMUTT »

Thank you Urs for a great trip.
I spent today removing my tow hitch so I can have it re-welded properly and have a better rear tow point.
Hope I didn't blind anyone too bad playing with my camera toys at the BBQ but here is the result
AD4x4_sep05_09-37_small.jpg
Till next time
Rick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CONFIDENCE is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.

SEAMUTT
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by SEAMUTT »

AD4x4_sep05_09-10_small.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CONFIDENCE is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.

Makes

Post by Makes »

Hi Guys

Thanks onces again for a great afternoon out with the club. It was good meeting new faces & old ones too. Thanks to Cam for keeping me company, I hope all in is tact after our bumpy ride.
Again thanks to urs for the trip & I am looking forward to the next one.

Regards
Makes :D

pumukl
Advanced
Advanced

Post by pumukl »

Thanks to Urs and everybody else!
It was a great trip! Our guests were absolutely fascinated!

cu next time out in the sand!

Mapi & Pumukl