AlBidayer to AlFaya trip on 20/2/07

All reports about trips and events
surfer
Advanced
Advanced

AlBidayer to AlFaya trip on 20/2/07

Post by surfer »

Today myself, Director General Khaiwi and overboost went on a trip from AlBidayer to AlFaya. Trip started from AlBidayer Big Dune where we all tried our cars and successfully climbed it.

Then we went through a route which was a mixutre of intermediate and advanced and overboost was leading. We passed by "red rock" mountain where overboost tried his car and climbed till the top.

Drove then to AlFaya where we tested our cars on its big hill. Overboost was able to climb it to its top from different angles, i reached its half (maybe less) and Dir Gen reached more than me but couldnt reach the top.

Overboost with his older 98 wrangler, not lifted car and small tires (he has rancho shocks, filter and borla cat back) was able to beat our lifted cars with bigger tires :lol:

Well done overboost, keep the good work.

Dir Gen has the pictures, wait for his pictures when he get home in 2 days.
The jeeper is back.

defender
Advanced
Advanced

Post by defender »

imagine u r running on the desert with big boots , u will get tired and u cant go fast,,imagine the same is for the car.

jeep
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jeep »

i wanted to go with you guys , but i had a meeting in abu dhabi at 4:30.
me is free tomorrow if you want to do it again :D :D :D

FearUAE
Advanced
Advanced

Not Counted

Post by FearUAE »

Surfer:
This trip is illegal since i did not attend for the reason you know . . . . . !
Nothing new for overboost, he is the man with gifted desert talent. allah ye7fathah. However, i think you have to sell your jeep to the BOSS for half the price & keep yourself with your Muscle & Mustang in the STREET . . . ! NO HARD FEELING BROTHER > > > >

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Thank you Surfer and Overboost for the nice quick afternoon trip.

Yes as said above wearing bigger shoes will make you heavier. But what was happening is not performance degradation as I have the R&P ratio modified and was easily climbing the slipface on 4th gear but the tires start digging losing the grip, while Overboost was on third gear and was able to climb it all the way to the top several times due the floatation of his tires. (This is a technical explanation only and has no under estimation to his driving skills though)

Anyway, it was fun and pleasure to be with nice people and enjoy the afternoon.

Will post the pics today insha Allah.
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

surfer
Advanced
Advanced

Post by surfer »

khaiwi wrote:Thank you Surfer and Overboost for the nice quick afternoon trip.

Yes as said above wearing bigger shoes will make you heavier. But what was happening is not performance degradation as I have the R&P ratio modified and was easily climbing the slipface on 4th gear but the tires start digging losing the grip, while Overboost was on third gear and was able to climb it all the way to the top several times due the floatation of his tires. (This is a technical explanation only and has no under estimation to his driving skills though)

You are most welcome dir gen, it was nice meeting you too. I was at alfaya today and there were 3 wranglers which were climbing to the top from all angles, i noticed that the 3 were using the same tires overboost is using, small but wide tires, it seems that those tires makes the car float on the sand instead of cutting through it, like the siam tires.

next trip will be planned in the same manner, look for the days fearuae is busy and cant make it :twisted:

It seems that the modification list is getting bigger, R&P, diff locks, performance mods (it seems that we have to cut the car open and operate inside the engine). :twisted:
The jeeper is back.

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

surfer wrote:
It seems that the modification list is getting bigger, R&P, diff locks, performance mods (it seems that we have to cut the car open and operate inside the engine). :twisted:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: It seems that you are planning for somthing :twisted: :D

surfer
Advanced
Advanced

Post by surfer »

WildFire wrote:
surfer wrote:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: It seems that you are planning for somthing :twisted: :D

Man, the wrangler is the slowest car i owned, i hate slow cars, it has to perform well, im still researching around, i will let you all know when i do any mods ( ijust changed my tires yesterday, someone bought the BFG i had, i bought the interco STS A/T).
The jeeper is back.

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

surfer wrote:

You are most welcome dir gen, it was nice meeting you too. I was at alfaya today and there were 3 wranglers which were climbing to the top from all angles, i noticed that the 3 were using the same tires overboost is using, small but wide tires, it seems that those tires makes the car float on the sand instead of cutting through it, like the siam tires.

next trip will be planned in the same manner, look for the days fearuae is busy and cant make it :twisted:

Why keep ignoring Fearuae he is still your buddy, he :argue: but he is OK cannot scare a baby
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

FearUAE
Advanced
Advanced

Thanks Man, you are the best friend someone ver can get . .

Post by FearUAE »

Bulldozer wrote:
surfer wrote:

Why keep ignoring Fearuae he is still your buddy, he :argue: but he is OK cannot scare a baby
Bulldozer: mashkoor for the nice feeling, i even cannot scare myself maan. What to do , this is the result when you study in the GREEN LAND KINDERGARDEN in your childhood.. :oops:

Surfer: the creaming almost done, wait for the walk. . . . . . . !

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Trip album is upload........
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....