SunSet and Night Drive 18June2010 Reprot

All reports about trips and events
MooD
Board Member
Board Member

SunSet and Night Drive 18June2010 Reprot

Post by MooD »

we met at4:45pm in Alkhatim gas station
Directly to deflation point in Al Khazna................
Weather was extremely hot >>>>>
Sand were Hot Too but we started playing on big dune ans some tricky dunes
but everyone did great.......................................................................
we had only a few stucks and many PoPOuts ..... :mrgreen:
and Reached AlKhatim Again at 0115 am :twisted:

Thanks Dom for the second lead and WaZzZabi for floating around and Abo Samra for sweeping

See You SooN
Are you Ready For Action with MooD.....

Off RoadIng Is An Art.........................
Banna ... You will be missed but never forgotten
Others & My Rights ……

mishmumkin
Advanced
Advanced

Re: SunSet and Night Drive 18June2010 Reprot

Post by mishmumkin »

MooD wrote:we met at4:45pm in Alkhatim gas station
Directly to deflation point in Al Khazna................
Weather was extremely hot >>>>>
Sand were Hot Too but we started playing on big dune ans some tricky dunes
but everyone did great.......................................................................
we had only a few stucks and many PoPOuts ..... :mrgreen:
and Reached AlKhatim Again at 0115 am :twisted:

Thanks Dom for the second lead and WaZzZabi for floating around and Abo Samra for sweeping

See You SooN
Wish I had been there (even though that trip report was soooooooooooooo lame).

Wasabi
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Wasabi »

OLLO, thx Mood for this good trip, you have great skills leading, founding always a good track in a save way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All did great ! hope to see you soon, just need to get a new tire ;)

Ciao

Wasabi

Suzan, how was my looooooooooooooong post? :mrgreen:
We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend

mishmumkin
Advanced
Advanced

Post by mishmumkin »

Wasabi wrote:OLLO, thx Mood for this good trip, you have great skills leading, founding always a good track in a save way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ciao

Wasabi

Suzan, how was my looooooooooooooong post? :mrgreen:
Brilliant, Christophe. It made up for Mood's. ;)

geox

Post by geox »

Wasabi wrote:OLLO, thx Mood for this good trip, you have great skills leading, founding always a good track in a save way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOu damanged your Dune Graplers !!! :shock: :shock: :o :o
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Legends Don’t Die. They’re Reincarnated.
_________________________FJ____________________________
|................................... Cruiser............................................|

Wasabi
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Wasabi »

geox wrote:

YOu damanged your Dune Graplers !!! :shock: :shock: :o :o
Yes, need to get a new one.............. :(
We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend

waqmaster
Marshal
Marshal

Post by waqmaster »

Great Night Drive under a shiny half moon.

All met at al khatim north gas station where one of the jeeps had a bad appetite for petrol, so mood and setphane packed petrol for dinner to feed it later.

Reached deflation point point and set off at 5.30 ish straight to moodis favorite bowl. Other than one jeep having ignition problems the run upto sunset was fast.

after a pop out and jump start we broke for a coffee break at sunset and caught up on current affairs, everything from abu dhabi parking to ghost farmers climbing up dunes! Dom thanks for pointing out the north start.

Night drive saw an excellent route carved in the sand by mood and great team spirit in the whole convoy. There were some VERY soft areas. Oh and lots of pop outs!

Heading back after a short hummus and kobus break (thanks christophe) we saw some cars flashing their lights, assuming they were in distress we went towards them to assist and after a twisty drive avoiding a long fence we found it was just a bunch of youths playing around.

Back to alkhatim through a sand track (where i lost my flag) for inflation and re-fill of water and petrol, couple of tire casualties and we proceeded in a slow convoy back to abu dhabi, reached home 3am.

Mood thanks for leading the exciting and safe drive, and operation on my fan shroud.
Dom, was it 4 out of 4? ;) bzzzzzzzzzzzzz bzzzzzzzzzz and yes i did check the ad4x4 website before going to bed :twisted:
abusamra, wasabi &kunnel great sweep
Stephane and julien, nice meeting you and your electricity bill for the trip is 100 AED pls.

Looking forward to the next one...

Waqar

NissanCapsule
Advanced
Advanced

Post by NissanCapsule »

MooD,

Thanks for a great but :heat1: night drive and coffee,

Total damage/incidents for the group I believe:-

5 popouts, 3 of the popouts were mine with one valve being completely ripped out of the rim. I have carried my valve puller tool around for years and finally got to use it - :roll:

2 shredded/punctured tyres once back on tarmac. Score? Wasabi = 1 Dom = 1

I have also broken a gearbox mounting or a suspension bush - not looked underneath yet but feels and sounds unpleasant.
This occurred at the same time as my 3rd popout and I think Wasabi thought i was angry. Not angry, just mystified as to what was going on. Felt like I was abusing my baby at this point :(

What else? A radiator cowling rubbing the fan and a lost flag and pole.

@Wasabi: I set off with Macmumu 15 mins earlier as he said he would travel back at 100kmh which suited me as I had suspected that the vibration was more than sand in three tyres. I was correct - as we now know, one of them shredded soon after leaving Khatim.

Thanks to Waqar, MooD, Wasabi and Abu Samra for stopping and then following me home slowly (90kmh). Got home at 3:10am.

Post trip thoughts
I have always deflated the Shaheens to 15psi and never had a single popout but this time I deflated to 11psi (thinking the sand was hotter/softer blah blah) When I checked the pressures later in the evening after the popouts they were reading 8psi. Maybe I will stick to 15psi :)

@Susan: How is this for a trip report? :) :)
Manual Anti-Locking Brakes (ABS) - 3 pedal pumps/sec depending on my reaction time on the day.
Manual Hill Descent control (HDC) - Low gearbox and don't touch the accel or brake pedal.
Manual Traction Control System (TCS) - removal of foot off the accel pedal when needed.
Manual Stability Control System (ESC) - Detect and minimise skids preferably before they happen.
Oh and Manual Gearbox! Although I do have electric windows, mirrors and Power Steering - ooeer :)

2" EMU/King Springs Lift kit, Exhaust details withheld.

geox

Post by geox »

NissanCapsule wrote:MooD,

Thanks for a great but :heat1: night drive and coffee,

Total damage/incidents for the group I believe:-

5 popouts, 3 of the popouts were mine with one valve being completely ripped out of the rim. I have carried my valve puller tool around for years and finally got to use it - :roll:

2 shredded/punctured tyres once back on tarmac. Score? Wasabi = 1 Dom = 1

I have also broken a gearbox mounting or a suspension bush - not looked underneath yet but feels and sounds unpleasant.
This occurred at the same time as my 3rd popout and I think Wasabi thought i was angry. Not angry, just mystified as to what was going on. Felt like I was abusing my baby at this point :(

What else? A radiator cowling rubbing the fan and a lost flag and pole.

@Wasabi: I set off with Macmumu 15 mins earlier as he said he would travel back at 100kmh which suited me as I had suspected that the vibration was more than sand in three tyres. I was correct - as we now know, one of them shredded soon after leaving Khatim.

Thanks to Waqar, MooD, Wasabi and Abu Samra for stopping and then following me home slowly (90kmh). Got home at 3:10am.

Post trip thoughts
I have always deflated the Shaheens to 15psi and never had a single popout but this time I deflated to 11psi (thinking the sand was hotter/softer blah blah) When I checked the pressures later in the evening after the popouts they were reading 8psi. Maybe I will stick to 15psi :)

@Susan: How is this for a trip report? :) :)
Great Report Man !!
i think we can all take a lesson in righting reports from it ! 8-)

but honestly from the looks of it, that was a tire breaking, car bashing trip! :twisted:
Legends Don’t Die. They’re Reincarnated.
_________________________FJ____________________________
|................................... Cruiser............................................|

mishmumkin
Advanced
Advanced

Post by mishmumkin »

Agreed, Geox. From now on perhaps Dom and Waqar could trade off writing Mood's reports. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And THREE popouts, Dom??? It's official. I pass my crown as "Queen of the Popouts" on to you!

NissanCapsule
Advanced
Advanced

Post by NissanCapsule »

mishmumkin wrote:Agreed, Geox. From now on perhaps Dom and Waqar could trade off writing Mood's reports. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And THREE popouts, Dom??? It's official. I pass my crown as "Queen of the Popouts" on to you!
Hey Susan, I will only take the crown if it is recognised as "King of the Popouts" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by NissanCapsule on Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manual Anti-Locking Brakes (ABS) - 3 pedal pumps/sec depending on my reaction time on the day.
Manual Hill Descent control (HDC) - Low gearbox and don't touch the accel or brake pedal.
Manual Traction Control System (TCS) - removal of foot off the accel pedal when needed.
Manual Stability Control System (ESC) - Detect and minimise skids preferably before they happen.
Oh and Manual Gearbox! Although I do have electric windows, mirrors and Power Steering - ooeer :)

NissanCapsule
Advanced
Advanced

Post by NissanCapsule »

geox wrote:
Great Report Man !!
i think we can all take a lesson in righting reports from it ! 8-)

but honestly from the looks of it, that was a tire breaking, car bashing trip! :twisted:
Geox, It was not really a car bashing trip. It was my car's way of telling me I need to give a bit of overdue "Tender Loving Care".

Tawalbeh
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Tawalbeh »

I'm glad that you guys had fun :D :D WITHOUT ME :cry: :cry:
It is about what is right not who's right
BANNA WAS A GOOD MAN..MISSED BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN