The Sarab Trip Report

All reports about trips and events
Uristier
Advanced
Advanced

The Sarab Trip Report

Post by Uristier »

With only two members registered for the "Sarab" trip, Frank and I toghether with a friend we met at the meeting point. Unfortunately Paul was unable to join us in the morning.

After a "boring" drive to Hameem we checked in at the Resort, "loaded" our passenger and hit the track. The Arabian Oryx's were waiting us in the shade.

A stuck here and difficulties there as a result of the Honda CRV off road capability but Franz, our guest driver was a "fast learner" and the stucks disappeared.

After a long drive through the dunes of Liwa we decided to drop a nice slip face with our passengers. The way back to the resort had to be "our normal way for returning home".

Thanks Frank for being our sweeper and recoverer.

For the dinner buffet we met with Paul and Anne. Paul hope you ok again and had a enjoyable weekend to remember :D :party1:

Cheers
Uristier

Frank

Re: The Sarab Trip Report

Post by Frank »

Thanks Urs for this nice trip.

a 300km off road trip in Liwa. of course on a sand piste.
but the most time we saw nothing just sand. there were also no sabka. This was really nice.
Also the Gazelle and the oryx.

If anybody have the chance to go this relax ride he/she should do it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Is der Berg a no so steil a bisserl wos geht allerweil
Men are not complicated - We are a fun
Who have driving skills - no need exorbitant power

Triplod
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Re: The Sarab Trip Report

Post by Triplod »

Hi Urs

Thanks a lot for organising the trip. The hotel is really fantastic. Sorry that I missed the drive with you and Frank but thats work. Sorry again for getting you up early for the morning drive, but I was really sick. So other than good company, good food and a great spa session the driving was all done on tar. Anne says thanks see really enjoyed the break and did'nt miss the drive that much.

Regards Paul ( Triplod)