Sunset and night Drive Part II 15July2010 - Report

All reports about trips and events
waqmaster
Marshal
Marshal

Sunset and night Drive Part II 15July2010 - Report

Post by waqmaster »

So everyone left their workplaces a little early to catch Mood's Night Drive Part 2.

(Mood, Carol, Cherif, Chafik, Thabit, Seamutt, Tawalbeh and Mom and I) met up at a packed ADNOC Mahawi Petrol Station at 5.45pm, all were on time.

After exchanging greeting and stocking up on water we proceeded to Al-Faya for deflation where we met Ahmad in his Red Rubicon, after very quick briefing, Mood lead the convoy with Carol second lead and Ahmad and Seamutt sweeping.

Following a very smooth ride we took a break at sunset where we shared tea, coffee and...cigarettes

As darkness descended we started again with and awesome track with some soft spots. We crested, side crested, side sloped with i dare say no stucks? Or just a couple of demonstration stucks courtesty Tawalbeh..we learnt alot, when do we get our "getting stuck in bowl training certificate?"

All went smoothly with some second attempts. with just one minor casualty...Thabits front bumper trim coming off and into the back! (keep it there thabit) ;)

But then we reached a dune which Seamutt flew over, being very sharp and high at the other end!! and landed on all fours. Minor casualty was his rear bump stop. Seamutt hope you managed to get it fixed, I also hand some radiator shroud issues....caused my engine to buzzzzz so yanked off the plastics, temperature still steady :D and radiator still loose, mechanic said he needed a police report to work on the front of the truck.

When we reached the main road crossing Thabit and Seamutt left for home and we continued on until a nice bowl stuck courtesy Mood, using Ahmads winch and LED lights to light up the desert the patrols was scooped out. then was time for a looooong break *yawn*.

We then proceed back home and that where popouts, more bowl stucks, crest stuck....started...but all was cleared smoothly. It was good to have Ahmads winch.

We reached Al Khatim petrol station at around 3am where we inflated and had some more water....and left for home.

Another trip to remember.

Mood, thanks a great trip
Carol, great second lead and thanks the biscuits, your TJ is very light... :twisted:
Chafik,Cherif, good seeing you again.
Tawalbeh, hope your passenger had fun
Seamutt and Ahmad; super sweeping and winching ;)
Thabit, hope you had enough reset for the viking's trip.

Enjoy the workweek and the summer holidays!

Waqar

SSS
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Sunset and night Drive Part II 15July2010 - Report

Post by SSS »

What can I say : all people open your mind to night drives! the desert is different... the mood( :lol: ) is different ... and the driving is different. (the Mood is the same!)
You miss something if you do not try it :) !
AMAZING training and FUNNNNNN !

Especially with such an experienced Marshal, such a lovely and amazingly driving second lead and the luck to have a rock solid desert truck with a marshal sweeping, lighting and arguing ... (hehehe) thanks Ahmad! We were lucky you joined! Pleasure to meet you,man.

And last but not least : THE COOLEST GANG AS COMPANY ... every single one!

I say : gimme MOOOOOORE :P

(Thanks a lot Mood for your patience with us intermediates :mrgreen: we should work on a "sharing schedule" with the other grades :lol: )
chafik the SilverSandSurfer
"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know."
THE THUNDER Status: http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=15808

thabit
Advanced
Advanced

Post by thabit »

Thanks Mood,
It was my first real night trip, really fun drive except I didn't bring my glasses :lol: .

Nice to see you all again and maybe just maybe in couple of weeks we can do it again.

Thabit
Chevy NEVER SAY NEVER

MooD
Board Member
Board Member

Post by MooD »

Thanx All For Joining the Trip >>>>>>>>>>>>> it was so nice to be with all of you >>>>>>

Chafik Il be Back to AD on 1st of Aug >>>>> so be Ready >>>>>>>>>

Carole You will never forget who to Drive your TJ >>>> really I was Missing YOUR 2nD LEAD :mrgreen:

It was great bing with All >>>>>

See All Soon
Are you Ready For Action with MooD.....

Off RoadIng Is An Art.........................
Banna ... You will be missed but never forgotten
Others & My Rights ……

Carol
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Carol »

Wow........It was so good to be there again, seeing you all, driving my loved car, enjoying the hot breath of the desert and your laughs the feet in the sand ;)
and by night it's so magic 8-)

Waquar, great report! and take care...soon your mum will be a crazy jeeper :twisted:
by the way, I'm impressed by your driving skills behind the wheel of such a monster :shock:
Tawalbeh, enjoy your vacation, you well desserve it :lol:
Seamutt, Rubicon, it's always a pleasure and so confortable to know you are there to keep an eye on us :D
Gentlemood...thank you habibi

I m travelling to France but I'm already impatient to enjoy my next stop-over in the sand :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
See you all soon
Carol

cherif
Advanced
Advanced

Post by cherif »

Gr8t trip
Gr8t weather after 9 pm
thnx GMooD for organizing
Carol as usual best 2nd lead
Twaelbah great demonstration on Stucks hope ur passenger loved the sand
Chafiq WELCOME u did gr8 on ur first real night drive i think u know now what ur car can do :twisted: :twisted:
Waqar nice report nice ride
Seamutt as usual expert sweeping
Ahmad nice to meet u gr8 drive
Thabit u did well with ur heavy pwerfull car(i remeber the songs u asked for)

SSS
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SSS »

cherif wrote:Gr8t trip
Gr8t weather after 9 pm
thnx GMooD for organizing
Carol as usual best 2nd lead
Twaelbah great demonstration on Stucks hope ur passenger loved the sand
Chafiq WELCOME u did gr8 on ur first real night drive i think u know now what ur car can do :twisted: :twisted:
Waqar nice report nice ride
Seamutt as usual expert sweeping
Ahmad nice to meet u gr8 drive
Thabit u did well with ur heavy pwerfull car(i remeber the songs u asked for)
Cherif :oops: the TJ is a beast ... at the beginning too beasty ... but with the right respect, a gentle throttle control and a firm grip this "mustang" can be controlled :lol: .
At the beginning maybe overwhelming ... but more and more fun now :twisted: (huhh ... still needs respectful treatment)

Conclusion :
TJs go beyond the drivers capabilities at the beginning ... the driver grows to be able to control it.

Pajeros let the skilled driver pull them out of their mannered on road suits and put them in a camouflage fighting uniform. The more the driver "trains" the Pajero the more the Pajero will give :lol: :lol: :lol:

The other SUVs:
Thabits Tahoe is like a sumo fighter ... fat but NOT lazy ... ugly shape but athletic AND strong ... can be quick when needed. Thabit is managing to motivate the car to exactly what is needed ... he wisely is not provoking it.
(thabit ... you have to be careful though ... the underwear of a sumo fighter is just a string tanga ... parts of the ribbons holding it have been dropped to the ground already ... and on the subsequent trip with viking I could already take a side peek of the "internals"
hanging down :lol: )

Waqmaster and his Xterra : Office suit and tie but modern regular visitor of the sportsclub. Strong muscles underneath the shirt ... do not provoke the Xterra as well ... although even coming to the battle ground with pink shoes and white socks but lots of confidence. His grandpa was probably a TJ but his mom is a pajero. The driver needs all skills to control the strength and to push it sometimes as well.
(Waq has ordered proper boots for him but he is still preferring the pink shoes with the white socks ... takes some convincing :lol: )

The capsules : TJs with too much fat around the hips ... hehehe ... and therefor more robust but heavier ... for grown up TJ drivers.

JKs : the domestic version of the TJ mustang ... the breeders forgot to put some real vitamins into the diet so the muscles look bigger than they are and they like to wear heavier fighting boots than they can lift... skilled drivers easily compensate these attitudes and let these horses jump as well :) (the next generation breed of the JKs got some vitamins though ;) )

FJs : well ... the more fashionable version of the Xterras ... they wear black shoes but with pink socks ... some drivers easily know how to correct this habit, especially because the FJs think heavier boots are more fashionable and hide their real nature ... another problem of the FJ is the feminine nose ... one punch in the face and it is deformed for ever.
(Here the real genes of the FJ become obvious ... FJs are gay but still do not realize it ... they need a therapist to either come out or get reconditioned to be real men :lol: :lol: :lol: )

The Land Cruisers : oh ... FJs daddy must be so disappointed about his gay son. The LC tried to give the FJ all what is needed to become even stronger than himself ... but FJ son only took the "nice looking" parts and even is rushing to fashion shows instead of going to military service. LCs are good daddies ... reliable, capable and strong ... but boring. Thats why FJ son took the wrong direction instead of seeing an idol in his dad.

Landrover Discos : Land Cruiser's friend from the chess club. Older and therefor more sensitive. Not as strong and twice as boring.
From time to time you see some Discos with midlife crisis out in the desert trying to be young again.

SEAMUTT
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by SEAMUTT »

A good trip after getting back from holiday Good to see everyone and relax in the sand.
I meant to jump a little to test some new rear air bumps - it just ended up a little more than planned and quicky found that the lower spacer needs to be reinforced and repositioned.

Till next time...
CONFIDENCE is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

:lol:

Chafik, very good one, and ssssssoooooo true! :lol:
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Gladiator »

chafik wrote:
cherif wrote:Gr8t trip

Conclusion :

The other SUVs:

JKs : the domestic version of the TJ mustang ... the breeders forgot to put some real vitamins into the diet so the muscles look bigger than they are and they like to wear heavier fighting boots than they can lift... skilled drivers easily compensate these attitudes and let these horses jump as well :) (the next generation breed of the JKs got some vitamins though ;) )

FJs : well ... the more fashionable version of the Xterras ... they wear black shoes but with pink socks ... some drivers easily know how to correct this habit, especially because the FJs think heavier boots are more fashionable and hide their real nature ... another problem of the FJ is the feminine nose ... one punch in the face and it is deformed for ever.
(Here the real genes of the FJ become obvious ... FJs are gay but still do not realize it ... they need a therapist to either come out or get reconditioned to be real men :lol: :lol: :lol: )

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

SSS
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SSS »

you see ... night drives are so inspiring!
In the bright daylight the truth actually is hiding ... by night the only thing shining is the truth :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
(wow ... I am still inspired :oops: )

Tawalbeh
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Tawalbeh »

Great trip . Thanks everyone . I hope that you learnt well from my Bowl lessons :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . I will be back by the end of the month and I hope that there will be an early August trip :twisted: :twisted: so I can meet with the sand again. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Ibrahim from Jordan
It is about what is right not who's right
BANNA WAS A GOOD MAN..MISSED BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN