The R&R trip - 23 July - Report

All reports about trips and events
Viking
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

The R&R trip - 23 July - Report

Post by Viking »

Despite such a large group all met on time except one person who didnt show up.
Seamutt had agreed on handling one group so I hope he will fill out his part of the report.
We went to the deflation point where we divided into two groups and hit the sand. My group was mainly Newbies so we started a bit nice and easy but spiced it up a little here and there. All together it was a quite smooth and easy drive. Due to the heat we tried to avoid stucks so it was more of driving around and enjoying the landscape.
Finally we moved towards the BBQ-spot when we had problem with one of the cars overheating so we took the gravelroad back to our normal spot.
The Wrangler (JK of course :-) ) was left to rest while the rest of us took a small tour around the dunes and I think a few of you found that part a little more spicy and interesting.
All together everybody did well and it was a nice group with nice attitude.
Thanks to Mishmumkin for 2nd lead, Thabit for Sweeping and all the members for keeping the AD4x4 spirit high.
Thanks also to Xof who got a day of from diaper-changes and supported our group.
Finally thanks to Seamutt for taking care of the Intermediate group and we look forward to read you part of the story.
// Eric The Viking
Back in Sweden with many good memories from AD4x4

Millhouse
Advanced
Advanced

Re: The R&R trip - 23 July - Report

Post by Millhouse »

It was a good trip out - thanks very much for taking us out. Hopefully see you on the next one.
SWB Patrol - 1999
050 220 4203

mishmumkin
Advanced
Advanced

Post by mishmumkin »

Hot day out!!!! Great to see some new faces in the sand with a whole lot of enthusiasm on such a SWELTERING day!!!

@Viking, Thanks for organising! You always read the needs of the group well.
@Scott: Nice to see you out...hope it's not the last time!!
@Wrangler: Hope this first time in teh sand was memorable!
@JD and his visitors: Lovely meeting all of you. JD's wooping and horn honking demonstrated that no matter how hot it gets out there, it can still be a load of fun! I hope your sister has pleasant memories to take back to Italy with her. :)
@Zayed and friends: Nice to meet you all. Hope to see you out there soon!
@Thabit: Glad you were there to sweep and translate! :D Always nice to drive with you, man.

Susan

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

Thanks FrankErik the Viking for the Rock and Roll trip (not the Return of the Return trip...) Good choice of track and nice break points. and it was not that hot actually... :D

It was good to spend time with newbies, as this is the AD4X4 Spirit: all together having fun, teaching the new ones, chatting... Nice to see the old friend, and to meet the new ones. It was a great afternoon, far from the "dady responsible life".

Thabit worked hard on the back! you did great.
to our newbies, don't be shy on the throttle... you need power to climb dunes... but not too much, not to fly over the dune! :twisted:

See you soon...

Zayed, i think you still have my radio... ma fi mouchkila, i'll get it in a next trip...
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

thabit
Advanced
Advanced

Post by thabit »

thanks Viking for this trip, it was coool even the HOT HOT weather, nice to see Xof and hope to meet with the new baby

great 2nd lead Susan, and nice to meet new members to Ad4x4

can't wait for next trip :twisted:

let's try and camp one night :-)

Thabit
Chevy NEVER SAY NEVER

Zayed89

Post by Zayed89 »

Was a wonderful trip

The lack of affection Moomon

It was too hot and full of difficulties by me

Everyone was starring in the sand ♥ But I myself fall into errors

Thabtaat helped me was the fall of every situation and the fact of guides to the correct methods of leadership, had stints on the sand

Viking is well known all know and everybody knows his skill and his proficiency in the sand

♥ But today Fujip mirror was more than wonderful Swozaan was driving with skill and climb the sand was all shine girl impressed me

And xof was beautiful and fun and I thank him on the capacity of the chest and to help me with that I did not understand so much to differences in the language of my heart I loved ♥ But he had a nice car and was driven by the beauty of the sea Kalihut

Without exception, and the rest was beautiful and I was happy to reach for

Was a shepherd driving a Peugeot quickly and was very bold and mastered the command

He was a patron Alforntcher led smoothly and wisdom

Patron of the enclave was grain and nice and this trip was the first

See you soon Inchaellh
Last edited by Zayed89 on Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zayed89 * * * * 0563316166 Luxes 2oo4

My name in Faceboock (( Zayed Al Ameer )) OR (( z077@hotmail.com ))

Viking
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Viking »

xof wrote: Zayed, i think you still have my radio... ma fi mouchkila, i'll get it in a next trip...
The radio is with me so lets arrange a handover :-)
// Eric The Viking
Back in Sweden with many good memories from AD4x4

mishmumkin
Advanced
Advanced

Post by mishmumkin »

Forgot to mention xof!!! Nice to see you after all this time. :) Hope your sister enjoyed the day. :D

pseacraft
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by pseacraft »

Even though I was out doing a solo trek it was nice to stop by and see some friendly faces. I bumped into Seamutt earlier overseeing a pair of stucks from atop a small dune...

Niko - happy the new headliner is working for you and it was nice to meet your better half finally - your rig is really looking sharp! :mrgreen:
Susan - glad your Pajero is treating you well and hope you haven't visited any camel graves lately. :shock:
Viking - always a pleasure to chew the fat with you mate, if my LED lights go missing I know who to look at first! :mrgreen:
the other,
Eric
'09 JK, slightly modified

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

mishmumkin
Advanced
Advanced

Post by mishmumkin »

pseacraft wrote:Even though I was out doing a solo trek it was nice to stop by and see some friendly faces. I bumped into Seamutt earlier overseeing a pair of stucks from atop a small dune...

Niko - happy the new headliner is working for you and it was nice to meet your better half finally - your rig is really looking sharp! :mrgreen:
Susan - glad your Pajero is treating you well and hope you haven't visited any camel graves lately. :shock:
Viking - always a pleasure to chew the fat with you mate, if my LED lights go missing I know who to look at first! :mrgreen:
Those LED lights are pretty bad a**. :) Nice to see you after so long, pseacraft!
Last edited by mishmumkin on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

WRANGLER

Post by WRANGLER »

Good Morning Guys,

R&R Trip waz just AWZM

@ Viking - Thank you for arranging the trip & your support.
@ mishmumkin - Thank you 4 pushing my Jeep out. :D
@ xof & Thabit - U guys helped a lot.

@ all - It waz nice meetin u guys, hopin to c u all again n again in the comin trips. tc

*I waz Full ON, but my Jeep was not. Hez goin in for the Service today & will be bak to ROCK N ROLL again.

ps - I drank 7 bottles of water & never had to pee, IT WAS A HOT DAY. :sunny: :sunny:
Cheerrss,
WRANGLER

U GIVE ME A MINUTE I'M GOOD, GIVE ME AN HOUR I'M GREAT, GIVE ME A DAY I'M ""UNBEATABLE""

thabit
Advanced
Advanced

Post by thabit »

mishmumkin wrote:Hot day out!!!! Great to see some new faces in the sand with a whole lot of enthusiasm on such a SWELTERING day!!!

@Viking, Thanks for organising! You always read the needs of the group well.
@Scott: Nice to see you out...hope it's not the last time!!
@Wrangler: Hope this first time in teh sand was memorable!
@JD and his visitors: Lovely meeting all of you. JD's wooping and horn honking demonstrated that no matter how hot it gets out there, it can still be a load of fun! I hope your sister has pleasant memories to take back to Italy with her. :)
@Zayed and friends: Nice to meet you all. Hope to see you out there soon!
@Thabit: Glad you were there to sweep and translate! :D Always nice to drive with you, man.

Susan
Susan, please upload the pictures

Thanks,
Thabit
Chevy NEVER SAY NEVER

mamoun
Advanced
Advanced

Post by mamoun »

wooow looks like i missed a nice trip hope to see you all in the next one
+971509988737
Stock JKU

Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Gladiator »

Beautiful xof .... :D :D :lol: :mrgreen:

SEAMUTT
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by SEAMUTT »

No internet at the house so I had to wait until I got to work..

So for my group
We headed off nice and easy on a slow loop, criss-crossing vikings group on occasion. Sean had a minor stuck in the hummer but we took care of that and continued. Very few stucks and everyone doing really well so I crossed the track and made it a little more technical leading to a double stuck. I observed while Juergon organized recovery and got everything straightened out - nice job. Eric (pseacraft) stopped by and chatted for a bit. We started heading towards the bbq point and waqmaster's nissan started overheating. So we got out to the gravel track and juergon towed him while we headed to the bbq point. Juergon continued on taking waqmaster to the adnoc for a tow and most of us called it a day after catching up with vikings group.

Thanks Sean for a great second lead, Juergon for sweeping and everyone else for joining
Another great day in the sand..
CONFIDENCE is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.