Easy Rider Trip Report

All reports about trips and events
Uristier
Advanced
Advanced

Easy Rider Trip Report

Post by Uristier »

Some Easy Riders arrived on time, some late and some never; and some just came to say „hello“ and returned back to Abu Dhabi.

I am sure the member waiting at the Abu Dhabi Airport ADNOC petrol station will read the next “Meeting Point SMS” twice – next time. I feel very sorry for you but we were already late and you wouldn’t have made it in good time.

CrazySheep fully deserves the name. He arrived at the meeting point with white smoke and the underbody full of oil. Lazlo I hope it is not a serious issue and you made it back to Abu Dhabi trouble free.

Our friend Gladiator fiddled around with his petrol tank. It seems Adnoc Sweihan is against the Rubicon. Glad you made it.

On the way to the deflation point the last Easy Rider joined the convoy. Next time turn around the roundabout twice and read all signs. Ooops, there is only one round about in Sweihan (from Abu Dhabi to l Hayer), but of course you are right my friend; there are TWO all the way to Sweihan. Great you made it with your young navigator.

Ok, now we deflated and are ready to move. No major issues, easy drive. A stuck? No/Yes, ok recovery. Make sure there is NO knot in your snatch strap. Please replace your strap and don’t use it for recovery.

The sand must have been quite “warm” and may have been the reason the driver was watching “his recovery inside his car, windows closed and air-conditioning on. Next time remember – YOU are stuck and require support. Get off the car, wear proper boots and snatch at the offer

The Pathfinder found his way but was still in a “holiday mode”. Not used to engage 4L but great getting stuck.

Thank you Mike for sweeping the first part, well done and nobody lost. The second stage sweeper did also very well. Gladiator managed to keep everybody in the convoy.

The second lead sometimes showed difficulties following the first lead and navigated “his own way”. Well done Fauzi and thank you for driving behind me.

At the end of leg two we met with Katharina and Mike again for a chat (Mr. Gladiator with is glass bowl filled with water and blue tube connected).

I had great fun. You all did very well. Hope you all saw Mrs. Gravity. She waved to some of you. Never ignore her or she may become very furious. And if she is angry, she’s gonna pull you down.

So thank you all for joining the Easy Rider today. See you soon back in the sand.

mike0967
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Re: Easy Rider Trip Report

Post by mike0967 »

Thank you Urs for the Easy Rider, your Sweihan trips are always memorable. Sorry for the issues with the Pathfinder, we actually had major service just done, whatever, shxxx happens, no worries, all home safe and sound.

At least the missing 4Lo gave me the pleasure to recover my wife and practice myself a :mrgreen: Anyway, it gave me the pleasure to have my wife in my car for a small excursion up the Big Dune.

We enjoyed it so much .....

Mike
// mike0967@ad4x4.com // Member #056 // BMW 118D //

Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal...

Zayed89

Post by Zayed89 »

The message were not clear at all because I said to some of my friends to translate They told me that I will be throwing in the previous location and place the former is ADNOC I think some did not understand much

She arrived a little early 2:15 furnish fuel procured and water and wait for him until 2:30 pm but became a not prohibited then contacted the Marshal did not understand something to the word I understood was delayed and he would not be waiting for me

Then you will go back home, but began gathering of cars from another club have them talk to him that organize them in this journey has Qubloni The trip has been pretty nice and spent a good time accompanied by

I was at the same time sad because I have not inflicted Balkarob

Zayed89 * * * * 0563316166 Luxes 2oo4

My name in Faceboock (( Zayed Al Ameer )) OR (( z077@hotmail.com ))

thabit
Advanced
Advanced

Post by thabit »

Thanks Urs for this trip; the track was scary at some point :-) but all manage, today I find out that going from Abu Dhabi to Sweihan there are two roundabout :-)

Thabit&Rashid
Chevy NEVER SAY NEVER

Uristier
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Uristier »

zayed89 wrote:The message were not clear at all because I said to some of my friends to translate They told me that I will be throwing in the previous location and place the former is ADNOC I think some did not understand much
My friend

I think the message WAS CLEAR. What elese should be in a message like this: "meeting 2morrow the resthouse sweihan"? There is nothing mentioned about an ADNOC petrol station.
If the message was "NOT CLEAR AT ALL" to you, why did you not contact me? Two other members contacted me asking or the location of the Resthouse Sweihan. No problem - they both found their way.

I am glad you found another group and enjoyed the Friday afternoon in the sand.

Hope to see you next time.

Cheers
Uristier

Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Gladiator »

Thank you Urs for such a wonderfull afternoon.... good Easy Rider track.... I can say that you are Swiehan Master :D

thanks Mike and Kat for showing and sweeping... sorry for the Nissan this is the price for not having a 2nd Jeep :lol:

thank all for such a good time hope to see you all next time :D

Woodpecker
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Woodpecker »

Hi Urs,

Thanks for the great Easy Rider Trip. I really enjoyed it to have sand in my shoes after 6 weeks :lol:

Here is a photo before the great Pop Out with loosing the whole tyre valve ;)
P7300005.JPG
Thanks to Katharina for the COOL seat! Hope there is not a big problem with your Pathfinder.
Thanks to all for the delicious food.

Hope to see you soon all in the desert.

Detlef the Woodpecker
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bürokraten in den Reißwolf, mehr Zeit für's Wesentliche!
========================================================
For Fun and More: The Black Box, Wrangler JK Tornado 2009, OME 2,5"
Just for Fun: The Black Bike, BMW R1200GS 2007

Fauzi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Fauzi »

There was no better place to taste a sand again after long break than in Sweihan. Great dune, great track and of course great and superb friends led by Urs. Many thanks Urs. Good to see some old faces and made new friends yesterday including Thabit's son. :lol:
Uristier wrote:The second lead sometimes showed difficulties following the first lead and navigated “his own way”. Well done Fauzi and thank you for driving behind me.
Despite having an "Airbus A330" blower fixed to the front of my radiator (yes Mike, that's a sound that I'm around and still alive :D ), I sometimes had same issue. A 4WD gear dis-engaged to 2WD, weird but true.

See you guys soon. Fantastic evening yesterday... 8-)

Zayed89

Post by Zayed89 »

Is not a problem at all

♥ But I did not understand any site to deliver this time Hahahahahah

I am new I do not know all your positions that you meet the

Important Inchaellh I will meet you on Friday if there was a trip that last week and comes Ramadan

I will try to understand the site well in the next time

Zayed89 * * * * 0563316166 Luxes 2oo4

My name in Faceboock (( Zayed Al Ameer )) OR (( z077@hotmail.com ))

Uristier
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Uristier »

zayed89 wrote:Is not a problem at all

♥ But I did not understand any site to deliver this time Hahahahahah

I am new I do not know all your positions that you meet the

Important Inchaellh I will meet you on Friday if there was a trip that last week and comes Ramadan

I will try to understand the site well in the next time
I will anounce a Newbie trip for next Friday after prayer with a meeting point you will be familiar with :) You are welcome my friend.

shantanu joshi

Post by shantanu joshi »

hey uri...newbie here from dubai......."my short story" been looking for a dual use vehicle..and finally shortlisted a pajero 3.8 lwb. would i be able to make a trip like the easy rider in my pajero. am dying to get out there....and what handy gear would u suggest i buy and load in my vehicle for such a drive....
thanks in advance for sm tips.......
cheers bro....

Uristier
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Uristier »

shantanu joshi wrote:hey uri...newbie here from dubai......."my short story" been looking for a dual use vehicle..and finally shortlisted a pajero 3.8 lwb. would i be able to make a trip like the easy rider in my pajero. am dying to get out there....and what handy gear would u suggest i buy and load in my vehicle for such a drive....
thanks in advance for sm tips.......
cheers bro....
Hey Shantanu

Welcome to the Abu Dhabi 4x4 family.

Concratulation to your shortlist selecting a Pajero as your preferred "movable chooise". The Pajero is a good car and you will have fun exploring the desert with AD4x4 in you new drive.

To start with there is nothing you need to buy. Attend an ANIT and you will leran the off road basics and the equipment required when off roading. But in short, you will need a SNATCH stap (an elastic recovery strap) 3.25 rated (WWL) shakles, an air compressor and a base late for jacking the car in the sand. Enough lern more by attending an ANIT.

Tip: Check the Trip & Event forum. Shortly I will announce a Newbie Sighseeing trip there for next Friday. This would be an easy entry for you and your Pajero.

Cheers
Uristier

shantanu joshi

Post by shantanu joshi »

Uri...thanks for the advice. all very positive...all well noted.
bro, how do i attend ANIT....(maybe a really dumb Q..but I dont know)
Cheers..............

Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Gladiator »

shantanu joshi wrote:Uri...thanks for the advice. all very positive...all well noted.
bro, how do i attend ANIT....(maybe a really dumb Q..but I dont know)
Cheers..............

Shantanu... Uri is for Russians.... the big boss name is Uristier .. you can call him URS ... :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

shantanu joshi

Post by shantanu joshi »

oops & whoops
URS...cheers
gladiator..me enlightened...
i figured what ANIT is..