Sightseeing for visitors

All reports about trips and events
Uristier
Advanced
Advanced

Sightseeing for visitors

Post by Uristier »

After all the "troubles" with the Trip & Event Forum there were 7 members finally registered for the trip. A SMS here to add another car and the last one just hours bevore the trip.

with only BEGINNERS registered for the trip I decided (Friday morning) to do an ANIT. Have the ANIT Instruction printed and stuff ready.

5 cars arrived at the meeting point. The "Latie" ctached up with the convoy at the gate - lucky man. The unlucky man pulled out due some heat-health related issues.

At the deflation we first had a through Anit Instruction, the trip briefing after the deflation and we were ready for the sand.

Beside the sightseeing we also wanted to practice the instruction. Challenging terrain gave some of us the chance to find out how it works and feel the diference when driving in the sand. Thank you Chris for being my Sweeper today. Well done

With all the practical exercises the sun disapeared toooo early. In a short night drive we reached the final spot for a chat. all deserve your first star. After all we reached back to civilisation sound and safe. Hope you enjoyed the trip as much as I did and that we will see you in many more trip with AD4x4.

Cheers
Uristier

ChrisJ

Re: Sightseeing for visitors

Post by ChrisJ »

Thanks very much for an informative and exciting trip to see the stars. I certainly got a lot of practice at 'unstucking' people!

tanweer

Post by tanweer »

Hi,

Thanks a lot to AD4x4 and to Urs for the truly learning and enjoyable trip to Sweihan. It was my first desert driving experience and I loved it. It was a pleasure meeting so many friendly and helpful people who helped me get unstuck again and again. Thank you guys and see you again soon.

PS: I had taken some pictures of the trip, but I have no idea how to upload them. Please advise.
Life is a Journey, Not a Destination

wolle
Advanced
Advanced

Post by wolle »

Hallo Uristier, Hallo Everybody ,

first of all , thanks a lot to Urs, for the professional way of giving the beginners instruction and leading us with expertice through the desert. And thanks to all the other members for the nice day. For my as a firsttimer in the sand, it was a complete differant approach to offroading. Not like I was used to do it.
A little bit like " all you need is speed " exept when you crossing dunes of course. Then you need the right speed. First I did not dare to push my car to much. But as longer it took as more comfortable I got. Even when suddenly the night fell, and we where still in the middle of the desert and I felt a little stress coming up :D :D :D
But a little bit later after the hole group was reunited and we had a chat, the stars where bright and everything was alright - exept me. - I was exhausted, but happy.
So Thanks again to everybody. See you soon

Regards

Wolle

Sean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Sean »

You were all lucky to have Urs showing you around sweihan...it is a great place to start....
Good to see more pepole joinging the club and in summer too!!

Wolle, good you made it out, hope your relocation went well and your dogs are happy, if you need vet / dog assistance etc give me a call(051244976), we have a boxer and dalmation, thats 1 of each :lol: ...bought with us from NZ....you dogs will love the dessert and camping for sure when it cools down.....

Look forward to meeting all the new members soon..

Stay Safe

Sean

Zayed89

Post by Zayed89 »

tanweer wrote:Hi,

Thanks a lot to AD4x4 and to Urs for the truly learning and enjoyable trip to Sweihan. It was my first desert driving experience and I loved it. It was a pleasure meeting so many friendly and helpful people who helped me get unstuck again and again. Thank you guys and see you again soon.

PS: I had taken some pictures of the trip, but I have no idea how to upload them. Please advise.

I have a way I think these easy

If you have a Facebook get them all in the album for you and then place the link for forgiven Photo

Or

Move pictures and links established

Zayed89 * * * * 0563316166 Luxes 2oo4

My name in Faceboock (( Zayed Al Ameer )) OR (( z077@hotmail.com ))