Press, media, comms and The Blog - can you help?

General announcements....
tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Press, media, comms and The Blog - can you help?

Post by tillybean »

Dear Club

As you know the Club is now "live" on Twitter (@AD4x4Club) and also active on Facebook (Abu Dhabi 4x4). I am also thinking about starting a blog to highlight in a little more detail what it is we do to the outside world. All of this is to encourage traffic and in turn, hopefully, new members and new sponsors to the Club.

AD4x4 is great because of it's members and we want to continue the family tradition and keep the Club alive and kicking.

With that in mind, I am hoping that you can help me with the following:

Do you have any contacts in the Press - newspapers, magazines, radio, TV, other mediums? If so, are you willing to share those contacts with me so I can target them for coverage?

Do you have any websites that you think we should try and link to that go along with our philosophy for the Club?

And finally, would you be willing to write a short piece for the blog about your experiences with AD4x4?

I would be looking for:
- someone who has just done an ANIT
- someone who has done a few trips - perhaps just made the transition from intermediate to advanced or something similar
- a more advanced/senior member of the Club
- anyone who has done something with the Club that they wish to write about - perhaps an extreme mod or taking part in an activity such as ADAC

The blog will be a retrospective look at what we have done as a Club and will be updated probably once a month - it would be great to get contributions from people highlighting their expectations and their experiences. I am happy to help with the format of the piece and give advice and editorial guidance where necessary, but it's really your story, in your own words that we want to share with others.

If you have any other suggestions, ideas or wish to contribute then either leave me a reply here or email me on my Club email of sam@ad4x4.com

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sam
PR and Media Coordinator
Last edited by tillybean on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

Mpenzi

Re: Press, media, comms and The Blog - can you help?

Post by Mpenzi »

I have some thing on the Radio I will ask and response to you in due time.
Again great work.
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

Mpenzi wrote:I have some thing on the Radio I will ask and response to you in due time.
Again great work.
Thanks Mpenzi. Will wait to hear from you. This is for our long term comms plan so when you have the info, just let me know.

Sam
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

Fauzi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Fauzi »

Sam, there was a media coverage over a year ago on Abu Dhabi & its surrounding incl desert during a launching of Air Asia X from its base Kuala Lumpur to Abu Dhabi. Unfortunately I was away at tht time as the media crew was looking for someone/some club to show around the desert. They ended up paying some tour operator for a silly desert safari (I think the shot was in Al Khatim). So may get u in touch with this kind of coverage if I'm/being made aware of. Will also try to get something out from the Lotus & Petronas F1 racing teams towards the AD Etihad F1 race this year.

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

Fauzi wrote:Sam, there was a media coverage over a year ago on Abu Dhabi & its surrounding incl desert during a launching of Air Asia X from its base Kuala Lumpur to Abu Dhabi. Unfortunately I was away at tht time as the media crew was looking for someone/some club to show around the desert. They ended up paying some tour operator for a silly desert safari (I think the shot was in Al Khatim). So may get u in touch with this kind of coverage if I'm/being made aware of. Will also try to get something out from the Lotus & Petronas F1 racing teams towards the AD Etihad F1 race this year.
Thanks Fauzi. I will google to see if I can find anything about the historic stuff you mentioned. Shame that they couldnt get a good trip...perhaps we can help with that!

Fantastic about Lotus and Petronas and will wait to hear.
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

9ball
Advanced
Advanced

Post by 9ball »

One thing I can do is post a link on the Intranet at our hospital Sheikh Khalifa Medical City. That might attract a few new members. We could even at some point make a trip for the hospital staff.
Desnav team: Whassup? with Waqmaster and Triplod.
2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4 doors for the dunes
Spidertrax lift kit, Old Man Emu suspension, Mopar Cold Air Intake, extra radiator for transmission, Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels, KC lights, more stuff to come.
2012 Mustang convertible for the highway and speeding tickets
Predator cues for the pool table (Samsara for play, BK2 for break, Air for jump, Predator case)
Black Belt in Karate
PADI Rescue Diver and Nitrox certified
Super hot wife, 3 cats: one weird looking Sphynx, one crazy fat Arabian Mau and one we are not sure about but not a whole lot smarter
nineballwizard on PS4 Call of Duty games

/l ,[_____],
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

Proud to be Marshal with best club in UAE

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

9ball wrote:One thing I can do is post a link on the Intranet at our hospital Sheikh Khalifa Medical City. That might attract a few new members. We could even at some point make a trip for the hospital staff.
Fantastic idea about posting on your intranet. I did the same on mine today at Masdar (work) and had a couple of ping me back about it. I also sent out a blanket email to friends at work about the upcoming ANIT on 21 January and had some great feedback.

I love the idea about a special hospital trip. Let me think more about that.
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

-V-
Marshal
Marshal

Post by -V- »

My friend is a reporter at the Gulf News..I talked with her before, and she said that she's interested to come as a passenger, and do a report..what do you think?

Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Gladiator »

-V- wrote:My friend is a reporter at the Gulf News..I talked with her before, and she said that she's interested to come as a passenger, and do a report..what do you think?

she can come with me on Friday 21st as a passenger and write the report !!
:mrgreen:

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

-V- wrote:My friend is a reporter at the Gulf News..I talked with her before, and she said that she's interested to come as a passenger, and do a report..what do you think?
Absolutely if she is interested - would you like me to get in touch with her, or are you happy to liaise between the two of us?

My email is sam@ad4x4.com and my contact number is 050 236 1647.

Let me know :-)
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

Gladiator wrote:

She would need ear defenders against your music :roll:
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Gladiator »

tillybean wrote:
Gladiator wrote:

She would need ear defenders against your music :roll:
my music has been updated .. ask the old man Viking ... :lol: :lol:
but how you know? if she have good ears, good tast... she might like my old music.... :lol: :lol:

tanweer

Post by tanweer »

Hi,

There are two pages for our club on facebook
Abu Dhabi 4x4 with 395 members
and
AD 4x4 with 101 members.

I found club members at both pages. I believe it would be better, if the administrators of these pages can combine them in some way, or we all can move to one page dedicated to the club.

I can't guess how we can do that, but I think people with expertise in IT and facebook can suggest a solution.

Regards,
Life is a Journey, Not a Destination

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

Thanks Tanweer.

I just found out that we have two pages on Facebook, so we are going to use the one that has the most members (Abu Dhabi 4x4) as our active page, but ensure that key headings etc are placed on the other one (AD 4x4). Hopefully all the members on AD4x4 will migrate over to the right page.
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

9ball
Advanced
Advanced

Post by 9ball »

tillybean wrote:
9ball wrote:One thing I can do is post a link on the Intranet at our hospital Sheikh Khalifa Medical City. That might attract a few new members. We could even at some point make a trip for the hospital staff.
Fantastic idea about posting on your intranet. I did the same on mine today at Masdar (work) and had a couple of ping me back about it. I also sent out a blanket email to friends at work about the upcoming ANIT on 21 January and had some great feedback.

I love the idea about a special hospital trip. Let me think more about that.
Let me know what kind of message you would like me to place in our Intranet, what details,etc...
Desnav team: Whassup? with Waqmaster and Triplod.
2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4 doors for the dunes
Spidertrax lift kit, Old Man Emu suspension, Mopar Cold Air Intake, extra radiator for transmission, Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels, KC lights, more stuff to come.
2012 Mustang convertible for the highway and speeding tickets
Predator cues for the pool table (Samsara for play, BK2 for break, Air for jump, Predator case)
Black Belt in Karate
PADI Rescue Diver and Nitrox certified
Super hot wife, 3 cats: one weird looking Sphynx, one crazy fat Arabian Mau and one we are not sure about but not a whole lot smarter
nineballwizard on PS4 Call of Duty games

/l ,[_____],
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

Proud to be Marshal with best club in UAE