Press, media, comms and The Blog - can you help?

General announcements....
tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Press, media, comms and The Blog - can you help?

Post by tillybean »

9ball wrote:
tillybean wrote:
9ball wrote:One thing I can do is post a link on the Intranet at our hospital Sheikh Khalifa Medical City. That might attract a few new members. We could even at some point make a trip for the hospital staff.
Fantastic idea about posting on your intranet. I did the same on mine today at Masdar (work) and had a couple of ping me back about it. I also sent out a blanket email to friends at work about the upcoming ANIT on 21 January and had some great feedback.

I love the idea about a special hospital trip. Let me think more about that.
Let me know what kind of message you would like me to place in our Intranet, what details,etc...
Will send you a PM of what I put on ours :-)
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

Kat
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kat »

Sam
sent you PM

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

Kat wrote:Sam
sent you PM
Got it thanks Kat and replied.
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

Channes

Post by Channes »

Hi Sam and all,

I am very happy to contribute with my Anit story but would need a bit more guidance.
My structure would be as follows.
1) The excitement of joining the first trip and when we finally took off from the initial meeting point to the deflation point - what an excitement it was to have a first glance of the clubs life in full swing with 25 cars in a chain following each other
2) Really good instruction to dessert driving, security and how to handle difficult situations in the dessert
3) What the club is a b out and that we are all here to help and have fun, how we contribute and what we get from it
4) The wheels start rolling and what was the experience of the first trip hitting the sand and the dunes
5) Getting stuck being pulled and getting good advice
6) Meeting all at the AD4x4 BBQ and letting the evening finish out in a nice setting.

Hope this would conform and wait for your feedback so to start putting it all down.
Cheers
Christian

Channes

Post by Channes »

.... ah and there was a thought that we could approach the auto houses and start promoting AD4x4 with a membership to their clients build in when someone would buy a new 4x4. for exaple Al Ghandi Cars - all the big Chevroles etc.

Just a thought?
Cheers
Chris

Viking
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Viking »

Gladiator wrote: my music has been updated .. ask the old man Viking ... :lol: :lol:
I can confirm this as his daughter actually made us all happy by updating his collection of songs. No more Village People, Boney M or ABBA :roll:
// Eric The Viking
Back in Sweden with many good memories from AD4x4

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

Channes wrote:Hi Sam and all,

I am very happy to contribute with my Anit story but would need a bit more guidance.
My structure would be as follows.
1) The excitement of joining the first trip and when we finally took off from the initial meeting point to the deflation point - what an excitement it was to have a first glance of the clubs life in full swing with 25 cars in a chain following each other
2) Really good instruction to dessert driving, security and how to handle difficult situations in the dessert
3) What the club is a b out and that we are all here to help and have fun, how we contribute and what we get from it
4) The wheels start rolling and what was the experience of the first trip hitting the sand and the dunes
5) Getting stuck being pulled and getting good advice
6) Meeting all at the AD4x4 BBQ and letting the evening finish out in a nice setting.

Hope this would conform and wait for your feedback so to start putting it all down.
Cheers
Christian
Christian - this sounds perfect. Why dont you draft something up and email it to me sam@ad4x4.com and we can work on it together.

Thanks so much.
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

-V-
Marshal
Marshal

Post by -V- »

tillybean wrote:
Absolutely if she is interested - would you like me to get in touch with her, or are you happy to liaise between the two of us?

My email is sam@ad4x4.com and my contact number is 050 236 1647.

Let me know :-)

She's checking her schedule to see when it's possible with her...i'll let you know. :)

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

Tillybean
I have send you PM
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

Mpenzi wrote:Tillybean
I have send you PM

Thanks very much Mpenzi - will let you know.
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

desertfun

Post by desertfun »

Hi Tillybean, am happy to help out with a newbie story, similar to Channes. Also, will look into posting something on our intranet. Can you forward the text that was used before?

Other ideas would be to contact showrooms and perhaps they can push it. Like, contact the showroom manager and offer that his sales team can join us for a free desert trip, either as passenger or with their own car. Let them get enthusiastic about off-roading and they will pass on the information about AD4x4 to (potential) buyers.

Same for newspapers, you could call them directly and pitch the story to them. Throw in a free desert trip and most likely, they will have someone who is into this. IMHO, focus should be on safety first and foremost because readers might be scared off by the idea of driving in the desert, second on having fun with a group of friends and third on appreciating the immense beauty of UAE's desert.

Just my 2 fils.
"No dude, your SUV is not a Jeep, and my Jeep is not a SUV!"
- - -
MOPAR Performance 2" Lift Kit with Bilstein Shocks - MOPAR Off-Road Front Bumper - MOPAR XD9000i Self-Recovery Winch - MOPAR Off-Road Oval Fog Lamps - MOPAR Off-Road Rear Bumper - MOPAR Off-Road Tire Carrier - MOPAR Steering and Swaybar Skid Plate - MOPAR 6.5" Round Off-Road Lights - MOPAR Rubber Floor Liner Kit - MOPAR Handle Grab - MOPAR Door Sill Guards - V-Cool window tinting - Garmin GPS 276C - Maxtrax sand ladder - 4.88 regear - Teraflex front axle sleeve - Detroit Truetrac front locker

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

Desertfun - thanks so much. Will send you a PM with the stuff I have put onto my website at work.

With regards to your piece - all contributions gratefully received as and when you get time.

Your two ideas are great and are currently being looked at so thanks again for those. Really appreciate the time and effort.
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128