DXB Driving Lic and Vehicle Registration Changes

General announcements....
Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

DXB Driving Lic and Vehicle Registration Changes

Post by Mac »

Changes to the rules announced this week on AD Police Website for those of you with DXB Driving Licence and Vehicle Registration.

Driving licenses issued in Dubai can now be renewed in any emirate

The Ministry of Interior announced the start of the traffic system link and unified federal licensing project with the Roads and Transport Authority in Dubai (RTA) to renew the driving license and vehicle registration nationwide with effect from early March.

Brig Ghaith Hassan Al Zaabi, Director General for the Traffic Coordination at the ministry, said the project aims at easing the procedures and processing of transactions, hailing the coordination between the ministry and RTA in this respect.

For his part, Ahmed Bahrouzian, CEO of Licensing Agency at RTA, said the project would enable public to process the renewal of their vehicle registration and driving license issued in the emirate of Dubai anywhere across the country, indicating that other electronic services would be added to the unified federal system gradually.

Col Anwar Abdullah Al Mulla, Director of the Department of Information Technology and Communication at Abu Dhabi Police, Head of the Traffic System Merging Committee, said the achievement "is a fruition of cooperation between the ministry and RTA". Last year a team was formed to undertake the integration of traffic data into the Federal traffic and licensing system, and allow all members of the public, both locals and expatriates, to process their transactions anywhere in the country.
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

Ahmedhammad
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: DXB Driving Lic and Vehicle Registration Changes

Post by Ahmedhammad »

Thank you, Mac.

If this post was few hours earlier, it would have saved me alot of hasle. :lol:

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

They may have announced it but who knows if it is activated yet??? Looking forward to hearing from the first person who uses the new system.
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

mike0967
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by mike0967 »

Mac wrote:They may have announced it but who knows if it is activated yet??? Looking forward to hearing from the first person who uses the new system.
+1 ;)

My Prado has to be renewed end of March, so any advise if Dubai plates can be renewed at Muroor here will be appreciated.

Mike
// mike0967@ad4x4.com // Member #056 // BMW 118D //

Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal...

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

Mike, it does say Driving Licence AND vehicle registration for DXB can now be renewed in any Emirate, BUT they announced this last year and it didn,t happen. Now they have announced it again, worth trying here If I get any more info about the actual date it is likely to begin I will let you know.
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

mike0967
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by mike0967 »

Mac wrote:Mike, it does say Driving Licence AND vehicle registration for DXB can now be renewed in any Emirate, BUT they announced this last year and it didn,t happen. Now they have announced it again, worth trying here If I get any more info about the actual date it is likely to begin I will let you know.
This sounds like one of my former CEO's, once he announced something he assumed that is was a working practice the next day and got upset once he realized that things do not move that fast later on.

I hope its gonna be working soon, would be a huge achievement and enhancement of customer satisfaction here.

Mike
// mike0967@ad4x4.com // Member #056 // BMW 118D //

Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal...

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

Wait for it Guys
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com