Congratulations on 40th Anniversary of National Day

General announcements....
MLC
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Congratulations on 40th Anniversary of National Day

Post by MLC »

A very happy National Day to everyone that chooses to make this country their home! I first came here in 1971 / 72 and stayed till 1981, when I was packed off to further my education, but always missed Abu Dhabi. The end of 2006 saw me relocating here once again and now, almost 5 years on, I still love this place.

Much has changed in the last 40 years - there has been great development, advancement and prosperity, great modernization and indeed icons of the world like the Burj Khalifa now grace the UAE's skyline, making it a globally recognized place (when we were first relocating here from the UK in 1971, the shipping agency through whom my Dad wanted to ship our stuff didn't know where Abu Dhabi was on the map)!!!

But what is more important is what has NOT changed: the UAE is still a melting pot of so many different cultures and nationalities, it is still open-minded and secure, and the people are still big-hearted and always ready to help someone in trouble. In the middle of a troubled area, the UAE is still a safe haven, and a place where we can all make a good living, find friends from different parts of the world, and enjoy the camaraderie that we have in AD4x4!

Where else would you find all this?

A very happy birthday, UAE! May you have many more!
MLC (Mid-Life Crisis)
"Yusufi" Jeep Wrangler JK Tornado II '+'
050 8134105

muzammils

Re: Congratulations on 40th Anniversary of National Day

Post by muzammils »

Happy National Day!!! What a great nation...
Nissan Patrol SWB