Environment Officer Appointed.

General announcements....
WildFire

Post by WildFire »

Congratulations Chuck :hawaiidance:
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

Chuck vey sincere Congrats for this!

Now we need to rename your drive into "Chuck-bin" and the saying "doing the Chuck" gets an absolute environmental friendly meaning :lol:
Bulldozer wrote: ....Lee leave space for LRs parts cuz u r gonna collect alot :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bulldozer, you are riding a dangerous trail :twisted:

I only can confirm what Lee is reporting. I showed it to Iguana as well and collected the cans & bottles afterwards..

:hat:
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

Dear Members,

thanks a lot for all your good wishes.

Environment Officer, what does that mean ? Does it mean that i will tell now everybody at the trips not to throw something to the desert ? 8)
No, because we are all adults and i believe almost all members take care by them self to leave our playgrounds clean already.

I think there is another "mission" behind all of it. I see things like:

1. Organizing Trips with all the Kids in the club to places where the nature is still unharmed and show them the beauty, the animals and plants out there. Maybe we find somebody which is familiar with the wildlife and plants of the UAE and can show and explain it to us.

2. To raise the awareness for taking care of the nature also to people which are not members to the club.

3. To show in public with our behaviour, that Offroaders in our club try not to damage the Environment but take care of it.

4. To organize cleaning trips to various areas like Mussafah or Al Badayer.

5. To educate ourself of what to do and not to do to have fun in desert.

I am very open for any ideas whatsover.
Image <br><br>Image<br>

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

:bravo:
diver@ad4x4.com (Member #70)

Two amazing places: Underwater & Offroad

Karim
:geek:

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

Well done Chuck, I like your last post, we should look for publicity in the press for a desert clean up trip, as I strongly believe that the awareness of this needs to be raised here in the UAE, it is so sad driving through the desert seeing piles of rubbish everywhere. I went to an exhibition some weeks ago on the Corniche and I remember seeing a stand showing plant life/ animal life here in the UAE. I am sure that there was mention of a nature reserve somewhere in the Madinet Zayed area ( On the way to Liwa ) that did organised trips. If you want I will research this and try and plan something for later in the year.Also, how about this, we drive past many camel farms, but what actually goes on there? How about a trip to one of these? Also a work colleague of mine at Al Ain knows a chief Police officer who has a date plantation, we could possibly visit this, and combine it with a desert drive in that area? So much to think about, to educate us and the children of the club about life in the UAE.
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

Cybershot
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Cybershot »

DiVeR wrote::bravo:
:iagree:

Nice idea chuck!!!

Desert Ghost
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Desert Ghost »

Good luck again chuck and i like your new avator.