MEMBERS UPGRADE

General announcements....
iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

MEMBERS UPGRADE

Post by iguana »

Dear members,

During the last few trips, I had several requests from members for upgrading. I would like to clarify some points.

During summer and because of the weather conditions, we only had very easy trips .. Therefore, we were unable to evaluate the driving skills of new members in such routs ... we didn't have the grading system just to add stars under your name, the grades are done for your own safety ..

We have 3 grades ONLY based on the driving skills:
- Intermediate
- Advanced

The Explorer is not based on the driving skills only .. The Explorer is a semi-marshal who can lead, organize and sweep trips .. He should be an advanced driver and should have good navigation skills ...

A Marshal is an Explorer with more navigation and leading skills .. He should also have some mechanical back ground and able to solve any problem on a trip ... A Marshal should also have the skill to lead people and manage the trip, he should know how to create new routs from A to Z ... A Marshal in a trip is the Manager of this trip so he should have the skills to manage the trip

The Marshal is a club committee member, which means that he is one of the club management, he should be active in trips and website in order to be able to take management decisions. Don't forget that we are now 565 members and we are actually running an organization that should be managed well other wise, we will be like other clubs ...

The committee members are evaluated regularly, and if we found that there are some of the committee members are non active or actually not adding any value to the club, he lose his management title and remain as a club Explorer ... I know everybody in the club wants to be a Marshal thinking that this means that he will be one of the elite ... I tell you (and I think all the Marshals will agree), being a Marshal is not an easy job over here, so if you are willing to be a Marshal be ready for the action :lol: :lol:

To tell you the truth, I would love to have 565 Marshals in the club, but I also love to keep the safety as one of our main concerns over here ... so wait guys till the season start and upgrades will be done for all who deserve
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com