4Wheel Drive Middle East becomes AEV

General announcements....
SSS
Advanced
Advanced

Re: 4Wheel Drive Middle East becomes AEV

Post by SSS »

Dear AEV UAE!

Once I called your shop back in October 2009 asking about some parts listed on your web shop (I don't know if version 3 or 4) and a friendly person told me these parts for the TJ wrangler are not in stock anymore and will not come back again.

I was told on the phone that TJ PARTS ARE COMPLETELY RUNNING OUT and not supported anymore!!!??? :(
Is that still true? Or I hope this is only a misunderstanding, as you can see in one of our forums the relation of TJs as cars of club members is still very high, not only towards the JKs but in comparison to all other brands as well.

I simply cannot understand that you want to miss this market. :?: (you have 3 warehouses or no ?)
In the US people can still order parts and get support for wranglers of the NINETIES and MUCH OLDER ...

So : if you are abandoning wrangler TJs and parts for it, you are excluding me from your list of (potential) customers as well although I would be happy to have your parts and service, since at least the experience of Sami and Tadmur with Jeeps is out of question.
(Fortunately we have some extreme Jeep experience in Abu Dhabi as well :mrgreen: , or no? very convenient not to drive to Dubai on some noisy MTs)

Regards
chafik the SilverSandSurfer
"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know."
THE THUNDER Status: http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=15808

Advanced
Advanced

Post by 259 »

I went to AEV store in Dubai October 2009, Frank put projector headlight on H2 (white H2). Same did not fit Landcruiser pick :evil:
They were bit busy but still accomodating. At the time they had problem in receivng inventory, now they are in top shape as they have been always, Friendly staff. Both Sami and Frank were very helpfull. (Frank is more accomodating price wise he gets you better discount if you buy in Thusands of $$$$ :D )

Problem comes when frank goes to Lasvegas for carshow, :evil: :twisted: , now he is back business goes to normal.

Over all i am happy with their service and price as well.

Sultan
Proud member of ad4x4.com best club in UAE
Hummer H2
Geländewagen- , modification: None
+971527000003 also can be reached email: ameeris@hotmail.com

The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease-- Voltaire

Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Gladiator »

WE are NOt talking about AEV sevrice once you are in their shop... but try to call Sami and see if he will answer / return your call !!!1

pseacraft
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by pseacraft »

So sad to hear of your difficulties Gladiator. I have found the same issue with most of my dealings here regardless of the company or service provider. To me there is a lack of "ownership" and "responsibility" by so many towards paying customers unless you have an "important name" - I love to hear wannabe big people say "I know the Shaikh (or somebody important)" :roll: , like I could give a rats behind. I have zero tolerance for that as I am paying for a service, etc, and I expect it to be executed accordingly, after all they want or have my money they had better deliver. So I prefer to do my dealings in their face, I want to look into their eyes. :twisted: Then I know who to go after when I have to visit again to bang heads so to speak. :mrgreen: But sometimes you have to swallow your pride. :roll:

I have had both in person and telephone dealings with the lads at AEV. In person always the same gent, whose name escapes me right now, and everything is handled professionally and I get the warm and fuzzy feeling but on the phone (the shop one) always someone else and not so good (both our faults to be honest). I avoid using peoples personal numbers for business as a rule unless invited by them to do so, then the rules change and they have to accept that. I will let everyone know how my dealings go when my JK comes out of the shop in a few days. :mrgreen:
the other,
Eric
'09 JK, slightly modified

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

I agree with Eric. The problem you may encounter with AEV can be with any dealer.

I had no problem with AEV when dealing with them, except that, due to the distance and me not going often to DXB, it took time to settle our business.

Back to Eric's post, i agree that in this country, you have to physically meet people! Phone is not a reliable tool, because people doesn't mind if they don't see you (it remains anonymous), or they simply don't understand you, but will say yes to be polite and not disappoint you (cultural...). Ask someone his name at the beginning of a conversation, you'll see that he will feel far much concerned as you can later find him! :twisted:

Despite that, you can have bad surprises. I had one with Suzuki for my Bike's service. Found the email of Al Yousuf Motors manager and customer service manager and send an e-letter. I was surprised to be called back, and i got the cares i deserved...

so you see, patience, communication in reliable way (see people and write... talks are not to be trusted), and remember that it is not better from where we are coming... :lol:

and even... :(
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Gladiator »

xof wrote:I agree with Eric. The problem you may encounter with AEV can be with any dealer.

I had no problem with AEV when dealing with them, except that, due to the distance and me not going often to DXB, it took time to settle our business.

Back to Eric's post, i agree that in this country, you have to physically meet people! Phone is not a reliable tool, because people doesn't mind if they don't see you (it remains anonymous), or they simply don't understand you, but will say yes to be polite and not disappoint you (cultural...). Ask someone his name at the beginning of a conversation, you'll see that he will feel far much concerned as you can later find him! :twisted:

Despite that, you can have bad surprises. I had one with Suzuki for my Bike's service. Found the email of Al Yousuf Motors manager and customer service manager and send an e-letter. I was surprised to be called back, and i got the cares i deserved...

so you see, patience, communication in reliable way (see people and write... talks are not to be trusted), and remember that it is not better from where we are coming... :lol:

I agree with you xof.. for your information.. me & Sami know each other.. we met many times at different exhibitions.. we talked... so a ohysical contact was there,, and trust me not only me suffer from Sami ignoring phone calls..

Nahhash
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Nahhash »

xof wrote:I agree with Eric. The problem you may encounter with AEV can be with any dealer.

Sorry Xof, usually I like your posts, but really couldn't understand what you meant in the major part of this one :)
MOHAMMAD

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

Nahhash wrote: Sorry Xof, usually I like your posts, but really couldn't understand what you meant in the major part of this one :)
you are right, not very clear... i think i need vacations...
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry: