Advanced

Re: An After-trip Rescue

Post by Gogo »

And i expect the same from you on X75 JOHANSBERG :mrgreen:

Zero_adam

Post by Zero_adam »

Andy wrote:Hani,

So in 1 months time, when you get a call from me saying 'Hani, 'I have a flat tyre on the M25 in London', I will expect you to come and rescue me....... :twisted:
Andy..... :D
"I have a flat tyre on the M25 in London" God help you :roll: :roll: :) :)

Lionbar

Post by Lionbar »

Hani, it is by the grace of God that you are with us today, Al Hamdulillah.

When we recieved the call from the birthday boy, we jumped in our wagons and headed to the scene, thinking back it was like one of my timelapse videos. Anyway, if Mike and Eric hadnt had their warning lights on, there'd have been a pathfinder and 2 patrols to pull out too!!!

Once we'd established that Hani was fine, we took the opportunity in true AD4X4 spirit and planned the recovery of the vehicle, this took 2 minutes, the remainder of the time was spent laughing and joking around. It was not that we were happy, but it was stress relief, plus we were in great company and the weather was great. Suhail offered to fire up his BBQ again, but it wouldnt have looked good to the Sa'ed officer when he'd eventually arrive, us having a party just after a seious incident.

The recovery went like clock-work, Erics winch worked like a dream. It's true Mr Viking, the winch is the only investment u make for others benefit.

The road situation was this:
A single laned road with no lights, the asphault road abruptly ended leaving approx 5 to 8 meters of very soft gravel and a sheer drop approx 8 meters into a man-made gulley. The width of the gulley at the bottom was less than the length of a Prado, hence it was resting on its bumpers. With this dangerous drop, there obviously should be warning signs and concrete road closing barriers, but hey this is a remote area within a remote area and I suppose not many people go there to check on safety standards. It is therefore our own responsibility to be a bit more cautious when driving in unfamiliar territory.

Take care out there guys, both on-road and off-road.

Lionbar

Post by Lionbar »

Andy wrote: So in 1 months time, when you get a call from me saying 'Hani, 'I have a flat tyre on the M25 in London', I will expect you to come and rescue me....... :twisted:
Andy, u'll have plenty of people around u, the M25 is the largest car-park in Western Europe. I cant say if u'll get any assistance tho, coz who wants to be out in the rain in -2 degrees changing a tyre :twisted: :twisted:
Make sure ur membership with the AA is up to date, let the man in the yellow hi-viz jacket do it whilst u sit in his warm truck drinking his hot-chocolate :wink:

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

i received Hani's phone call at 21:33 just after we pass Mafraq Hospital (was maybe driving a little fast... :twisted: ). When i understood the situation, i just pulled on the emergency lane, stop and told Hani i would call him with all the phone numbers... Sorry, i was a little too far to come back (MOI on board :oops: )

Get in my trunk, found the list of phone we should all have always with us...

21:37, call back Hani and told him that more than mood, he should call Viking.
21:39, SMS send with phone Number
21:41, Got Mood on call, in the middle of his night drive... too busy to deal with his convoy (understandable!)
21:43, still on emergency line
21:45, call both Viking and Hani whose phones are busy. Then i know the connexion is made and Hani will be safe!

Back Home... Shower...
22:30, as i feel guilty not to went back, call Hani, who is in good hands as i can hear the sound or a party on his back!!! :mrgreen:

Thanks to my fellow Marshal to have taken care of Hani (but i knew already how devoted you can be).
I 'm happy Hani you were ok, and the prado has survived it ! what an amazing strong car! But tell me, were you on the phone? :wink:

Yes, we should not underestimate how tired we are at the end of a trip... I remember an H3 who was wrecked on a way back from a desert day! (driver ok!)

hope to see some pics soon!

cheers
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

Hani

Post by Hani »

watheq wrote:GOOD WORDS HANI......
HOPE THAT U R OK.......
Everything is fine Wathek, thanx for the nice wishes

Hani

Post by Hani »

Thank you Iguana and all the others for your very nice words and moreover your actions.

Champs who attended the scene; any shots??????

Nabs

Post by Nabs »

Good going all!

but

Pics or didnt happen :mrgreen:

Andy
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Andy »

Guys,

It is club policy not to post pics of any accidents, we are a family club and we do not want to give a bad impression of what AD4x4 is all about. That being said considering how little damage there was to the car and the fact that nobody was hurt or injured then I suppose the pics coul be be classed as showing a 'Mega Stuck' ........... :D

I would suggest that those that have pics, PM them Iguana and let him decide if they can be posted or not...

Andy..... :D

Nabs

Post by Nabs »

:kingad4x4:

Nabs

Post by Nabs »

:kingad4x4:

Viking
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Viking »

According to me this didnt have anything to do with AD4x4. The trip had ended. The car was fully inflated and on its way home. How long should we say the trip is going on. If someone stumble on the stairs when getting home from a trip and hurt his toe - Are we responsible?
// Eric The Viking
Back in Sweden with many good memories from AD4x4

Nabs

Post by Nabs »

Viking wrote:According to me this didnt have anything to do with AD4x4. The trip had ended. The car was fully inflated and on its way home. How long should we say the trip is going on. If someone stumble on the stairs when getting home from a trip and hurt his toe - Are we responsible?
lol

:P

Nahhash
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Nahhash »

Viking wrote:According to me this didnt have anything to do with AD4x4. The trip had ended. The car was fully inflated and on its way home. How long should we say the trip is going on. If someone stumble on the stairs when getting home from a trip and hurt his toe - Are we responsible?
I think no issue in showing pics under this thread. It's more about showing how much the people here are responsible towards each others at any time even if this is related to on-road accident.
MOHAMMAD

braveheart
Advanced
Advanced

Post by braveheart »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
According to my wife, the answer is 'YES' :mrgreen: